RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Jacksons turn to shine

This will be Jacksons fourth year in the league and still has not played on a winning team. Last year was his best year under a new head coach and new system. He seems to like the situation he is in and put up excellent numbers. He really improved his overall game blocking, receiving, and less dancing. He did much better at gaining positive yards. Some of this was the line but a lot of it was his learning and improving. Jackson will be a big part of this team for along time he is already one of the go to guys but in the end he will be the main go to guy. As we watch Holt and Bruce age we will also see Jackson improve. I did not like all the dancing he used to do but he is eliminating that lowering the pads and plowing through. This offense is great and it will provide a lot of highlight reels. I can't wait to see Jackson improve as a player.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Jacksons turn to shine

He shined last season. Can't wait to see a shinier Jackson in 2007.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Love what he did last year and he is now one of the NFL'S elite backs but his personal agenda seems to be more of a priority than the team. He does state that he wants to win but at the same time, he is focused on breaking records rather than carrying the team to the playoffs or a SB. Don't get me wrong, I love that he's a Ram and he has moved into his role in a big way but, i'm a fan of the Rams 1st before anything else.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Guam rammer View Post
    Love what he did last year and he is now one of the NFL'S elite backs but his personal agenda seems to be more of a priority than the team. He does state that he wants to win but at the same time, he is focused on breaking records rather than carrying the team to the playoffs or a SB. Don't get me wrong, I love that he's a Ram and he has moved into his role in a big way but, i'm a fan of the Rams 1st before anything else.
    We already went through this last year when Jackson made statements about what types of numbers he wanted to achieve. Some people jumped all over him, some just waited to see how he would play and how he would conduct himself during the season. He showed last year that he isn't a "me first" guy, he was a team player last year, and this year will be no different.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Some of the excuses made for Jared Cook are laughable.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

What exactly do you expect him to say when asked by reporters what his goals for the season are?

I was just listening to an interview with LT and he talked about goals he sets for himself every season. Does that make him a selfish player? No, and he's regarded as the #1 locker room, team guy in San Diego.

I'd say the people that are most successful in life have personal goals that are different than their goals for their family or work. Does that make them selfish? No it means that they are motivated, driven people who settle for nothing less than their absolute best.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I have to think that with a healthy O line and the addition of another solid TE, Jackson could end up in the Pro Bowl again this season.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    We already went through this last year when Jackson made statements about what types of numbers he wanted to achieve. Some people jumped all over him, some just waited to see how he would play and how he would conduct himself during the season. He showed last year that he isn't a "me first" guy, he was a team player last year, and this year will be no different.
    He didnt have much to complain about last year. With the amount of touches he had who would? Now with additions of Benette, McMichael and Leonard, things will be different. He may not get as many touches since Bulger now has an array of bigger, better and more reliable targets to choose from as compared to previous years. Olson and Linehan may not be as patient and stick with the running game either. The task of keeping everyone on this offense happy is a big one.And if SJ doesnt get his he may be looking somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    What exactly do you expect him to say when asked by reporters what his goals for the season are?

I was just listening to an interview with LT and he talked about goals he sets for himself every season. Does that make him a selfish player? No, and he's regarded as the #1 locker room, team guy in San Diego.

I'd say the people that are most successful in life have personal goals that are different than their goals for their family or work. Does that make them selfish? No it means that they are motivated, driven people who settle for nothing less than their absolute best.
    Did LT win a SB yet? I read that some of the most successful people in the world are also some of the most unhappy people in the world. Selfishness leads to Family disfunction an their personal goals are almost unattainable.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

One thing to consider is that if the team gets up early in a game he will have plenty of touches to run the clock out. Linehan dose like to keep the chains moving.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

He didnt have much to complain about last year. With the amount of touches he had who would? Now with additions of Benette, McMichael and Leonard, things will be different. He may not get as many touches since Bulger now has an array of bigger, better and more reliable targets to choose from as compared to previous years. Olson and Linehan may not be as patient and stick with the running game either. The task of keeping everyone on this offense happy is a big one.And if SJ doesnt get his he may be looking somewhere else.
    It's almost like you are trying to find something to criticize him about. You are really reaching. That's a huge stretch thinking that Jackson may be looking somewhere else "if" he doesn't get as many touches. It's obvious to me and I would hope to Rams fans everywhere that the coaching staff knows what they have in Jackson and they won't deviate too much from what they did last year.

He may not have 90 catches this year, but the fact that Linehan WANTS Bulger to dump it off to Jackson if no one is open guarantees he will still have a reasonable amount catches. As for runs it's obvious like I said before he will get enough carries. Jackson is smart also and he knows that too many carries will most likely shorten his career, so I doubt he will be too upset with a few less carries this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Some of the excuses made for Jared Cook are laughable.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Did LT win a SB yet? I read that some of the most successful people in the world are also some of the most unhappy people in the world. Selfishness leads to Family disfunction an their personal goals are almost unattainable.
    The point about LT is he is loved by every coach and player in that organization and his personal goals in no way interfere with the team's success. He's not a loud-mouth me first person like TO or Chad Johnson, and neither is Jackson. Jackson never has been a "give me the damn ball" type of guy, and I really don't understand how you came to that conclusion. You seem convinced he is a distraction. Care to fill the rest of us in where you get that from?

People whose goals only involve themselves are the selfish ones. I have goals for myself and my business and there is not a hint of disfunction in my home, because I factor my family into every decision I make.

helorm341 Guest

The thing you don't realize is that if Bulger has more reliable targets then the chains will get moved on a lot more of the third and longs and the offense will get more plays. That means Jackson will be getting more chances to get the ball.

Linehan doesn't do the play calling and Olson likes to run the ball more. I also don't think the coaches are stupid, on our wins jackson touched the ball more then in our losses. They will want to establish the run to open the passing game and make defenses have to plan for an elite run and pass game. I think anyone can see that our key next year will be a balanced offensive attack.