Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    txramsfan is offline Registered User

Jacksonville will be tough

They may have two of the best corners in the NFL you have never heard of in Rashean Mathis and Kenny Wright, both can play man to man with anyone. The LB's are solid also, which SJ will find the going tough up the middle with Mike Peterson at MLB. They get a great push with just their Front Four, so the Rams may have to find a double team tandem on Reggie Hayward.

majorram is offline Registered User

Re: Jacksonville will be tough

there two stud DT's scare me!!

steve:clanram:

caseycane is offline Registered User

While I agree that Mathis is one of the best, Wright on the other hand is not. The interior line for the Rams will have thier hands full with those freaks Henderson and Stroud, but hopefully a good gameplan can slow those two beasts.

I really think that if Holt doesn't play, the Rams won't have a chance in this game. They need Holt very badly against one of the top defenses in the league. The good thing for the Rams at this point is that Leftwich sucks! If the Rams can slow the Jags running game, then MAYBE they have a chance.

On the other hand, maybe Holt does play, and the Rams oline can open some holes for Jackson. If he gets to that second level, watch out!

rampete is offline Registered User

i don't think holt will be a factor in this game considering martin is at the helm...

another thing which will be big test for the rams defense is the jaguar's run offense with taylor and jones...they will no doubt be the best tandem of rbs we have faced this season...

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rampete
    another thing which will be big test for the rams defense is the jaguar's run offense with taylor and jones...they will no doubt be the best tandem of rbs we have faced this season...
    I would say that Edgerrin James and Rhodes are the best tandem that we have seen this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

hoosier is offline Registered User

Hope you don't mind if I chime in here. You are right, the jags D is very good. They bring a lot of attitude and scoring a lot of points will be tough. The jags one big glaring weakness, at least when we saw them the first time is the Oline. I don't know if any of you saw that game but BL got beat up pretty good. Even at that he kept them in the game right to the end. He's got a gun for an arm but is not mobile at all. Pressure up front will get to him. Forcing 5+ yards on third down is a must for your D. I would love to see you guys beat them. If it turns into a shoot out you guys win, if it's low scoring I think they have the edge.

hoosier

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Might I bring up the fact that the Jaguars Run D has not been that great this season? I would like to see a lot more of Faulk in this game though. I think Pace should have a pretty easy day with their DE. Faulk is better going off tackle than Jackson is now. We have to find a way to get Marshall more runs. I do believe that we can run on Jacksonville.

rampete is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    I would say that Edgerrin James and Rhodes are the best tandem that we have seen this year.
    you may very well be right...

Jaginator09 is offline Registered User

You will lose big time. Our Defense is unstoppable, although I will point out that Wright doesn't have near the force that Mathis brings to the table. If you look at our schedule we have been playing the pass and not the run till we played the Steelers. Our O-Line has improved much the past 2 games by sticking are rookie at LT, Khalif Barnes. You will be dominated in every aspect of the game. O yea, watch out for Matt Jones. This will be the easiest challenge of the season yet. Thanks for the win.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jaginator09
    You will lose big time. Our Defense is unstoppable, although I will point out that Wright doesn't have near the force that Mathis brings to the table. If you look at our schedule we have been playing the pass and not the run till we played the Steelers. Our O-Line has improved much the past 2 games by sticking are rookie at LT, Khalif Barnes. You will be dominated in every aspect of the game. O yea, watch out for Matt Jones. This will be the easiest challenge of the season yet. Thanks for the win.

Wow what a great first post. So humble too. :down: :tut
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

hoosier is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Wow what a great first post. So humble too. :down: :tut

I should've warned you about the jags fans, don't let them get to you though. There's a good chance you can find this identical post on 3, 4, or even 5 different forums as the fans are never quite sure who the team is playing from week to week. Also, it's a good bet it's been copied and pasted from someone else. It's also likely that they corrected spelling errors before posting i.e. "sticking are rookie"

hoosier

maineram is offline Registered User

Jaginator - may the flees of a thousand camles infest your armits :tongue:

Maineram - :clanram:
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Hey every body!.....The Saints also was supposed to have had a good Dline!............Rams will do okay against Jax.............Matt Jones might give us problems if we don't hit him at the line! Push their DE's up field and run in behind them! That will take them out of that heavy rush they will try to use on us!...........Quick hits over the middle and slants will be open all day!.....You really cant stop this if you stay at it!

bluengreen is offline Registered User

Their defense is excellent, especially their front four as mentioned. I don't know the injury status of your O players, but you're going to need all of them you can get back.

Their offense is nothing special though.

An unbiased outside observer viewpoint is that the Jags are overall a better team, you guys will have to play a lot better than you have so far to have a chance.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Our D still has to learn how to stop the running game,and Fred Taylor is no slouch,Old but still affective
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast