Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Jacksonville will be tough

I watched the Pittsburgh Jags game and I was not all that impressed with the Jags D. You can run against them, but you do need to have a balanced attack. They are better on passing defense and they will pick off Martin's passes though if he is sloppy and staring down his receivors. There is no way that Martin plays as poorly as Maddox did that game, but they could cause him some problems. Their secondary was called for quite a few pass interference penalties that allowed Pittsburgh to move the chains.

Of course I have been running the Jags D on my fantasy team so I must be some what of a believer in them....so who knows, maybe they are good.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

dgr828 is offline Registered User

JACKSONVILLE WILL BE TOUGH, SO THE RAMS WILL BE TOUGH!

BE THY NOT AFRAID OF THESE PUSSY CATS!!!

RAMS SHOWED ME ALOT AFTER HALFTIME AGAINST THE SAINTS.
    WITH ALL THE CHAOS GOING ON(INJURIES,MARTZ,LITTLE...) WITH THE RAMS, THEY CAME TOGETHER AS A TEAM SHOWING ALOT OF HEART!

WE CAN BEAT THE JAGS! THEY DON'T SCARE ME.
    WHAT HAVE THEY DONE? LET'S SEE...

THEY CAUGHT SEATTLE SLEEPING ON OPENNING DAY AT HOME (JAC 26 /SEA 14)

LOST IN INDY (IND 10/ JAC 3)

BEAT JETS IN NY (JAC 26/ NYJ 20-OT)

LOST TO DENVER AT HOME (DEN 20/ JAC 7)

LUCK'd OUT VS CINCY AT HOME (JAC 23/ CIN 20)

OUTLASTED THE STEELERS(COMING OFF A SHORT WEEK, MNF) IN PITTSBURGH, ONCE AGAIN, IN OVERTIME
    (JAC 23/ PIT 17-OT)

I'M NOT IMPRESSED!

THE JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS HAS TO BE THE WORST (4-2) TEAM I'VE EVER SEEN!

WHY MUST I FEEL LIKE THAT?
    WHY MUST THE DOG CHASE THE CAT?
    "NOTHIN' BUT THE RAM IN ME!"
    Last edited by dgr828; -10-27-2005 at 01:08 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

alfie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    I watched the Pittsburgh Jags game and I was not all that impressed with the Jags D. You can run against them, but you do need to have a balanced attack. They are better on passing defense and they will pick off Martin's passes though if he is sloppy and staring down his receivors. There is no way that Martin plays as poorly as Maddox did that game, but they could cause him some problems. Their secondary was called for quite a few pass interference penalties that allowed Pittsburgh to move the chains.

Of course I have been running the Jags D on my fantasy team so I must be some what of a believer in them....so who knows, maybe they are good.
    You were not impressed with us holding Pittsburgh to 74 total TEAM rushing yards? The Steelers only got close to scoring because of some questionable PI calls.

In the Cincy game Kenny Wright did a damn good job of shutting down Chad Johnson. He's been a solid RCB, not close to Mathis' ability, but good enough.

Our running game has been suspect because we have been focusing on the pass. Aside from the Broncos who run at will on whoever they want, Edge is the only RB who has ran on us. In that game, we were playing a 3-3-5 the entire game to shut down Manning. We shutdown Alexander, Rudi Johnson, Curtis Martin, and Pitt's running game. Don't let the stats fool you.

To whoever said Leftwich sucked... Well, let's see how he does now that the LT actually blocks instead of sidestepping the DE.

That being said, considering how we always play down to the competition even when a blowout is in order (Seahawks 3 turnovers inside the 50 resulted in 3pts, NYJ stupid penelties, Steelers stupid penelties) I think we only win by 7. It all depends on when our young offense can finally click.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    I would say that Edgerrin James and Rhodes are the best tandem that we have seen this year.
    Just an FYI, Greg Jones is a Fullback.

RamJackson39 Guest

Our running game has been suspect because we have been focusing on the pass. Aside from the Broncos who run at will on whoever they want, Edge is the only RB who has ran on us. In that game, we were playing a 3-3-5 the entire game to shut down Manning. We shutdown Alexander, Rudi Johnson, Curtis Martin, and Pitt's running game. Don't let the stats fool you.
    Rudi Johnson and Chris Perry actually had a nice game against the Jags. The Bengals went into pass attack too early in the game.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rampete
    another thing which will be big test for the rams defense is the jaguar's run offense with taylor and jones...they will no doubt be the best tandem of rbs we have faced this season...
    I would say that Edgerrin James and Rhodes are the best tandem that we have seen this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by alfie
    Just an FYI, Greg Jones is a Fullback.
    I know but since rampete brought Jones up and Jones did get the amount of carries a RB would get when Taylor was out, then that's where I say the Colts are better. So rampete was classifying Jones as an HB, because he took over for an injured Fred Taylor in the HB position.
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

LDJOHN55 is offline Registered User

DGR828, You are my light, my start, my reason for being! That was poetic. Luckily I'm at work or I would just go B-Slap a mountain lion, alley cat, or anything that looks like a FELINE cause you motivated me so much!!!! Nothing but the Ram in me!!!

I'm not impressed with the _ags except that they have heart.

I see our OFFENSE having a FIELD DAY on them. I see the _ags holding our RECEIVING CORPS all day long and trying to rough them up, intimidate them and get inside their heads. We can win with Mr. Martin at the helm as he remains cool, calm, and collected. Using Mr. Faulk, Mr. Steven Jackson, and mixing it up.

Our biggest advantage is that teams don't know what our game plan will be now that Coach Martz isn't leading us into a predictable pattern.

I like the screen passes, Mr. jackson running directly forward, and Mr. Faulk doing what he does so well. Mix in a pass to our ball-magnets and we're at .500 Baby cruising into a BYE week to recuperate & regenerate the plan for the 2nd half of the season.

"Why do I feel like that? Like we are going to stomp the dog-'patch' out of that cat!!! It's gotta be the Ram in me!!!!"

Somebody call the SPCA!!!!

Go Rams!!!!!
    Ready, Break!!!!
    :clanram:

alfie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    Rudi Johnson and Chris Perry actually had a nice game against the Jags. The Bengals went into pass attack too early in the game.

18 for 76 0TD's is a nice game?

Yes, Perry did change of pace for over 7 YPC. But, it's been proven when we want to stop the run, we will. Whats more deadly for Cinci? The pass or the run? Just pointing out it's a very misleading stat. Just look when we had to stop the run: Seattle, NYJ, and Pitt.

Quote Originally Posted by LDJOHN55
    I see our OFFENSE having a FIELD DAY on them. I see the _ags holding our RECEIVING CORPS all day long and trying to rough them up, intimidate them and get inside their heads.
    Can I ask how you see the offense having a field day? And how you see your depleted WR corps roughing up the #2 pass defense in the NFL that has faced better and equal passing attacks?

MARTINmeetMATHIS Guest

im glad we jag fans arent the only ones who have overlly cocky fans who dont knowwhat they are talking about. i see one has been here. Jaginator09 and dgr828 rival eachothers idiocy.
    Jags D has a big advantage on rams D.
    Rams O has a big advantage on jags O. Usually.
    With Martin at the helm, IMHO, rams commit a few more turnovers. It will then be the Jags challenge to make use of those oppurntunities.
    Also, dont be fooled by Jags O. Its mediocrity so far is overshadowed by their seem-bursting potential. we are all waiting for a game to gets the O rolling in a big way. and on paper, this would apear to be the game to do it.
    I have been playing K. Curtis on my fantasy team. he's no slouch either. but I will match your K.Curtis with a J.Smith and raise you a R.Williams, M.Jones, and E.Wilford. Those last three you may not know yet.give it a few days.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Jaginator09
    Our Defense is unstoppable.
    Blatant homerism is one thing, but that statement makes no sense. The defense is responsible for stopping the other team.

An offense can be "unstoppable."

A defense strives to be "impenetrable."

See you back here on Monday.

Or not.

Can I ask how you see the offense having a field day? And how you see your depleted WR corps roughing up the #2 pass defense in the NFL that has faced better and equal passing attacks?[/QUOTE]

I see it because I'm not a pessimist. I'm optimistic that our team has the ability to step up and match play. I'm optimistic because of the change from being so predictable in the past. I believe that was our downfall. I admired Coach Martz, but my chest always tightened up while watching our games because I really didn't think that the opposing coaches didn't have to think hard about what our next series of play would be.

War is an execution of preparation, rehearsal, and adjustments to the enemy. You compel him to yield to your demands while ALWAYS having a focus of main effort, alternate plans, and reserve actions. We were prone not to do that in recent years. We appeared to do a 'frontal assault' all the time. Flanking and maneuvering with different schemes that aren't so sophisticated to execute (not sacrificing the QB). I see a difference under Coach Vitt's leadership, even if it's the interim. If/when Coach Martz returns, maybe he will learn from this. Myopia led him and our team down the narrow path of failures for not seeing a bigger picture of the game, instead of the play.

I am optimistic. I am a Rams fan.

Go Rams!!!

[QUOTE=MARTINmeetMATHIS]im glad we jag fans arent the only ones who have overlly cocky fans who dont knowwhat they are talking about.

Also, dont be fooled by Jags O.

DON'T WORRY, OUR DEFENSE WILL NOT BE FOOLED BY THE _AGS' O. They will be eyeballing it quite closely, HOMER!LOL

GO RAMS!

alfie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LDJOHN55
    I am optimistic. I am a Rams fan.

Go Rams!!!
    Ok gotcha. You're an eternal optimist. I have no quarrels with that.

Here's to an injury free game!

MARTINmeetMATHIS Guest

3-4, bottom tier D, beat-up O, crash-course head coach, and yet the glass is half FULL. Im as much of a "Homer" a you are, its just way more obvious when its for the other team, eh? Anyways my intentions were not talk smack, I tried to be as unbias as possible. Im just ready for football, the bye week is gutwrenching.
    Question: How would the non-HOMER rams fans honestly rate your O-line. Thats the one aspect of
    st. louis that i know the least about?

Tags, titles, and characterizations only fool and intimidate those who are too weak in their constitution to withstand that which confronts them.

'Eternal Optimist' is a word attempting to make me back off because of a fear of being wrong. I've never been afraid to act because of fear of making a mistake and being wrong.

I'm not fooled about the potential of our team to win, and especially beat the likes of the Jaguars. Who crowned them King of the Hill? They're nobody special. We can take them.

I'm neither an 'Eternal Pessimist' or a 'Doubting Thomas' my good, Sir.

Ram Strength To All

alfie Guest

It wasn't meant as an insult at all. You feel you can beat any team on 'Any Given Sunday'. I have no problem with that. I at first thought you were just a blathering homer, but you are not.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast