Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: Jacksonville will be tough

Jags?
    Please, you have a good team, but remember, your not at home. Dome field advantage is in full effect, just ask the aints.
    It will be a tough game but in the end the Mighty Rams of the Mississippi will prevail. :clanram:
    Last edited by RAMMAN68; -10-26-2005 at 03:26 PM.

JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

alfie is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    Jags?
    Please, you have a good team, but remember, your not at home. Dome field advantage is in full effect, just ask the aints.
    It will be a tough game but in the end the Mighty Rams of the Mississippi will prevail. :clanram:
    Uh, didn't the Saints play in a Dome up until August?

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Jax is the 2nd best team we have faced this year behind Indy. That's a fact. I like Jax's D better than the "#1" D of Indy. The Rams will have their hands full with this game, it's winnable but it will be tough make no mistake about that.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by alfie
    You were not impressed with us holding Pittsburgh to 74 total TEAM rushing yards? The Steelers only got close to scoring because of some questionable PI calls.
    Well your defense is for real I know that, but you held the Tommy Maddox Steelers to 74 yards rushing total. I'm not as impressed with that because all you did was focus on stopping the run and tried to make Maddox beat you which is impossible LOL

If Ben was in there the Steelers are a different team, so with the Jags playing more pass coverage then some of the Pitt run game would be there.

But with that said, the Jags D is for real that's obvious. It will be a tough game for sure.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

You were not impressed with us holding Pittsburgh to 74 total TEAM rushing yards? The Steelers only got close to scoring because of some questionable PI calls.
    Nope not impressed. Maddox was so bad, you got to play a one sided D. I heard a lot of complaints from the Steelers fans that Cowher did not put in Bettis more and they wanted Maddox pulled out in the first quarter.

My question is why were there so many PI calls? Your CBs should have been able to figure out the Maddox had no ability to throw deep, why did they get caught with so many PI calls?

Our running game has been suspect because we have been focusing on the pass. Aside from the Broncos who run at will on whoever they want, Edge is the only RB who has ran on us. In that game, we were playing a 3-3-5 the entire game to shut down Manning. We shutdown Alexander, Rudi Johnson, Curtis Martin, and Pitt's running game. Don't let the stats fool you.
    I am not looking at the stats really. I am just stating what I saw from watching the game live.

That being said, considering how we always play down to the competition even when a blowout is in order (Seahawks 3 turnovers inside the 50 resulted in 3pts, NYJ stupid penelties, Steelers stupid penelties) I think we only win by 7. It all depends on when our young offense can finally click.
    Yes you do seem to play down to the competetion. Your offense never really takes off. I have not figured that one out. You seem to have some decent players, but they never put big points up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

3-4, bottom tier D, beat-up O, crash-course head coach, and yet the glass is half FULL. Im as much of a "Homer" a you are, its just way more obvious when its for the other team, eh? Anyways my intentions were not talk smack, I tried to be as unbias as possible. Im just ready for football, the bye week is gutwrenching.
    Question: How would the non-HOMER rams fans honestly rate your O-line. Thats the one aspect of
    st. louis that i know the least about?
    How would non-homer Ram's fans rate the Ram's O-Line? My brother is a Raider's fan and he believes that the Rams have the best young O-Line in the NFL. Alex Barron has played very well, Claude Terrel has played well,Orlando Pace is as dominant as ever, McCollum has not played to his normal level but he has hade some nice blocks, but Timmerman has been an issue. My brother and I agree that the injuries have caught up to him, I hope he can turn it around but he most likely will not be a Ram much longer.

I like the Ram's chances in this game. I do expect to see Fitzpatrick in there some if Bulger doesnt play, and I believe that we can run on them. Eeven with Bulger out you cant just focus on the run. Curtis is still a great threat and Dane Looker has played really well.

If the defense continues its agressive play, we will hurt this Jaguar offense. The D-Line has played really well and the LB's are much better on the field than on the sideline. Bartell has to play though. He's the only guy we have that I think can handle a guy like Matt Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    Nope not impressed. Maddox was so bad, you got to play a one sided D. I heard a lot of complaints from the Steelers fans that Cowher did not put in Bettis more and they wanted Maddox pulled out in the first quarter.
    The took Bettis out because he was averaging 1 YPC, and he got DRILLED by our MLB. Maddox did play bad, but 2 of the 3 picks were made by our D, not him. The fumble at the end was karma for the terrible officiating that let the Steelers score. :]

My question is why were there so many PI calls? Your CBs should have been able to figure out the Maddox had no ability to throw deep, why did they get caught with so many PI calls?
    2 were complete horse crap. There was one called on Mathis, where if you watch the replay, Randle El cut too hard and just flat out fell down. Mathis wasn't close to touching him or anything. Even the announcers pointed it out.

The second BS one was on Wright deep downfield. Maddox underthrew the ball by about 10 yards, Wright turned and went to cut to the ball and Randle El turned and ran into him. The CB was playing the ball AND it was uncatchable.

It was another case of flag happy officials. What is their deal this year?

Yes you do seem to play down to the competetion. Your offense never really takes off. I have not figured that one out. You seem to have some decent players, but they never put big points up.
    The main problem is: Our OLine blew in the first half. They started to come together in the last 2 games because we pulled the joke of an LT Salaam and put our rookie in who has played like a beast. And, our WR's have been dropping key passes, like 3rd and long right in the hands... I think we lead the league in drops.

Our offense is really young, and dying to bust out like it did in week 1 where everything seemed to click.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Question: How would the non-HOMER rams fans honestly rate your O-line. Thats the one aspect of
    st. louis that i know the least about?
    RJ39 answered your question quite well, but I'll throw my 2 cents in anyway.

1. Pace is Pace, nothing new. He's at the top of the LT world. He made Freeney look human, so I will think that Hawyard is going to have his hands full. It should be a great matchup.

2. Terrell has been a long-awaited surprise. He's a big body that has proven to be effective in run blocking and (to our surprise) pass blocking as well. He does wear down in the later stages of the game, and enter Tom Nutten. If the game is tight late in the game, he may have to suck it up and keep his big backside on the field to handle Henderson. The left side of the line will be a great matchup to watch (Pace/Terrell vs. Hayward/Henderson).

3. Andy McCollum is reliable but getting a month older every week. He's not going to open any holes, but he's not going to get walked over either.

4. Timmerman is done. I hate to say it, cause I like the guy and all that he's meant to this team. However, the truth is he now is the weakest member of this front 5. Stroud should be able to blow up Timmerman most of the day. Running to our right could get ugly. As for pass rushing, if I were Del Rio, I'd run a lot twist stunts on your left side. Timmerman just won't be able to hold up.

5. Barron has been everything advertised and then some. He's been impenetrable on pass blocking and better than expected as a run blocker. I'm curious to see how he does with a guy the size of Spicer. I don't recall him lining up against a DE as big as Spicer so it should be educational at the least.

The best characteristic of our O-line is our future. Pace, Terrell, Incognito, Saipaia, Barron in 2006 makes my mouth water. However, that doesn't do us a darn bit of good this Sunday. As has become typical, our O-line is exploited through our C and RG......God love'em, but time has passed them by.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

The took Bettis out because he was averaging 1 YPC, and he got DRILLED by our MLB. Maddox did play bad, but 2 of the 3 picks were made by our D, not him. The fumble at the end was karma for the terrible officiating that let the Steelers score. :]
    Bettis only got 4 carries. Perhaps you would have been able to stop him, but they did not really run him so it is hard to say how he would have done. Maddox was horrible and if your D was better they whould have had a couple more interceptions.

2 were complete horse crap. There was one called on Mathis, where if you watch the replay, Randle El cut too hard and just flat out fell down. Mathis wasn't close to touching him or anything. Even the announcers pointed it out.

The second BS one was on Wright deep downfield. Maddox underthrew the ball by about 10 yards, Wright turned and went to cut to the ball and Randle El turned and ran into him. The CB was playing the ball AND it was uncatchable.

It was another case of flag happy officials. What is their deal this year?
    The officials penalty calling is a mystery to me. I thought the calls were kinda bogus myself, but I was way up in the stands and I had no replay to watch. Perhaps the officials wanted to see a close game and it was a close game.

The main problem is: Our OLine blew in the first half. They started to come together in the last 2 games because we pulled the joke of an LT Salaam and put our rookie in who has played like a beast. And, our WR's have been dropping key passes, like 3rd and long right in the hands... I think we lead the league in drops.
    ah so you are taking over for the Seahawks to lead in dropped balls. That's not a good stat to own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

If their D is sooooo good, why they ranked 23rd in rushing D? while we rank 19th even after playing Indi and NY?
    Is not out of this world think that we can win this one, we just need one thing . . . attitude, the same we showed on the second half against the saints, JM might not be the best QB, but with SJ, MF and I dare to say CM we might damage that D, specially 28 & 39.
    dreaming on entering the bye week at .500...
    Go Rams

Quote Originally Posted by NY RAMFAN
    If their D is sooooo good, why they ranked 23rd in rushing D? while we rank 19th even after playing Indi and NY?
    I'll let you in on a secret... We've been playing the pass. If you look at the games where the only real threat was the running game, it got stopped. Thats why we are 2nd against the pass, and I think 5th overall. Our ranking in the rushing D honestly isn't honest to how we have been playing.

Maddox was horrible and if your D was better they whould have had a couple more interceptions.
    He honestly didn't play THAT bad. 3 picks is A LOT. Two of the three were great plays by the defenders. There was nothing he could do about the game winner. Mathis knew the play before it was snapped and just sat on the route. The Peterson INT, he just made a phenominal play to tip it to himself.

I'm fine with you guys thinking our D is overrated... Just don't be upset Sunday when the Rams offense is sputtering.

thoey is offline Registered User

Well, two weeks ago we took what was called one of the stingiest defenses this year and ran off 17 first quarter points on them before Bulgar went down.

Not discrediting your DEF, as I don't know it. But every team matches up against every other team differently. We'll have to see how it plays out.
    This space for rent...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I'll let you in on a secret... We've been playing the pass.
    I've heard it all now. So you guys are actually a great run D, you've just been allowing other teams to run on you....okay. Look, you guys have a solid D and I'm predicting you to win this weekend, but stopping the Steelers running game with Maddox at QB isn't anything to puff over. When a team is one-dimensional anyone can stop them.

I think you guys have a solid team, but don't try to sell a bill of goods saying your D can stop the run whenever they want to. That dog won't hunt.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

onslaught11 is offline Registered User

Should had drafted Marcus Stroud instead of Damoine Lewis that year. One is a pro bowler one is a bust. Guess which one is which.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

The Rams can beat the Jags, I believe our o-line will neutralize the front 7. SJ will have a large game running over their secondary. Our team speed on the "D" side of the ball will give Leftwich fits.

The Jags are going to have to play "up" to the level of
    competition this week.

:tongue: :clanram:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast