Thread: Jacob Bell

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Jacob Bell

Is he really a bad player? Now I haven't been able to watch the past two games. So I don't know how he's been playing.

I'm not sure if this applies, but if the guys around you are terrible, would that make you terrible? What I mean, is since the line is complete garbage, is that making Bell look bad or is he actually playing bad?

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Re: Jacob Bell

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Is he really a bad player? Now I haven't been able to watch the past two games. So I don't know how he's been playing.

I'm not sure if this applies, but if the guys around you are terrible, would that make you terrible? What I mean, is since the line is complete garbage, is that making Bell look bad or is he actually playing bad?

He is as big of a bust as Bennett is. Below average guard.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

lets give him chance to play on a good cohesive unit like he did with Tennesse before we pass judgement, but so far he hasn't preformed up to his pay check

general counsel is offline Registered User

The rams have played 8 games and bell has missed 1 1/2 of them (he got hurt again today). Way too soon to call him a bust. Great point that we have no cohesiveness on the oline. Bell certainly doesnt appear to be playing great, but there is no way i personally can see enough on tv to grade him out and i just dont see how anyone else can either. I think we all agree that we stink to high hell at the center position. Opinions vary on cogs and its just too soon to tell with bell, although i see no reason to believe that there is a huge dropoff in his play from prior years.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    The rams have played 8 games and bell has missed 1 1/2 of them (he got hurt again today). Way too soon to call him a bust. Great point that we have no cohesiveness on the oline. Bell certainly doesnt appear to be playing great, but there is no way i personally can see enough on tv to grade him out and i just dont see how anyone else can either. I think we all agree that we stink to high hell at the center position. Opinions vary on cogs and its just too soon to tell with bell, although i see no reason to believe that there is a huge dropoff in his play from prior years.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I'm just frustrated with this guy. Maybe I am overreacting when I call him a bust, but I see far to many players blowing him off the line, and he gets penalized way too often ...

If he is only going to be effective in a cohesive group, then we've overpaid for this guy. You can plug alot of average to slighty above average guys into a cohesive group and they'll perform well ...

He's getting paid elite dollars. While I am not saying he should be a world beater, because one lineman does not make a line, he should be able to at least hold his own, and more often that not, he does not ...

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

I think Bell has been playing hurt, and when you are next to the very worst center in the NFL, it doesn't help.
    Barry Waller

schut39 is offline Registered User

Lets just say he is not living up to my expectations. Or his 94 overall rating on madden 09! Pretty much what everyone else has said.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

he`ll be fine once he`s...

a) playing fully fit
    b)playing as part of a cohesive unit again.
    c)playing between a better LT & C combo than an agein` Pace (or Goldberg) & Leckey...

the guy`s used to playing between Roos & Mawae..he`s bound to feel a lil shell-shocked lining up between Goldberg & Lecky!!!

as for his price tag,well.... no player in the NFL is worth the money they on is all i gotta say about that!

is not like they Neil Young or anything...

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    I'm just frustrated with this guy. Maybe I am overreacting when I call him a bust, but I see far to many players blowing him off the line, and he gets penalized way too often ...
    I agree- and you really see the poor play of the interior of the O-Line when we try to run plays that pull. They're not getting out there and paving the way for Jackson and Co. That's not just Bell, that's Cogs too, but any plays that go East to West are just getting blown up. Also, it seems like a lot of the pressure on Bulger is coming right up the middle. The penalties seem to be abundant too, but I haven't seen actual numbers.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    I think Bell has been playing hurt, and when you are next to the very worst center in the NFL, it doesn't help.

somewhere there's a nail, and you just bashed it on the head. I'm unaware of his injury issue(s), but the dude has gotten nothing from his interior side. Leckey might as well have a red cape and yell "Ole" after he snaps the ball each play.