Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jamie Duncan

rams=nfl1 Guest

Jamie Duncan

If we cannot re-sign London, I think we must go after Jamie DUncan. He is the Middle Linebacker from Tampa, who Lovie mentored. This would be a perfect fit. He knows the system better than I know my address. He's a leader, he's what we need.

FREE AGENTS RAMS SHOULD PURSUE

1.La'roi Glover-Has a price tag, but when Pickett matures, we will have the best 3 DT rotation in years

2.Jamie Duncan-Perfect MLB, Lovie made him who he is

3.Jaquez Green-Fits the Air Martz perfectly, makes Hakim loss look smalll

4.Cris Carter-Helps us tremendously, except his ego hurts

5.Walt Harris-Nickel Back

6.Reinard Wilson-Just like Leonard, except less money

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Cool

•As it's been mentioned before in these forums, Jamie Duncan is a possible and would be a great replacement for Fletch.

•The Rams are close to signing Cris Carter, and are expected to go after Walt Harris.

•Leonard Little turned down the Rams' contract offer, so Reinard Wilson looks like the first replacement candidate the Rams will chase. He had nine sacks last year, which isn't close to Little's 14.5, but is good enough. His numbers will increase with more playing time.

•As for La'Roi Glover, you are right in saying his price tag is too high, and that's why the Rams won't sign him, otherwise they would've kept Little and the rumors of moving Damione Lewis to defensive end (which would be a great move) wouldn't exist.

:shield:

Cool Dun Deal...

Jamie Duncan has reached a contract agreement with the Rams. To read more about it, go to: http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasqu...n/1344614.html

bloody great, for the first time every, I buy a genuine Rams shirt and guess who's it is .................................................................

57 ..... London Fletcher :upset:

anyone wanting to buy a genuine Rams shirt, just let me know :rolleyes:

DODRAM is offline Registered User
    Dez I was there when you got that #59 shirt , hey maybe the next #59 will be better.

Do you a trade for a game worn Miller #53 - not

GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

TIMLAN2057 Guest

Cool

I hate to see London depart, but face it. That's life in these days of salary caps and free agency.

Jamie Duncan I think will be a good fit. I still feel good about the Ram D. Duncan may not be quite as fast as London but I think he was a little better in pass coverage.

Dez, that reminds me . . . I spent a hundred fifty bucks in 1994 on a LogoAthletic Los Angeles Rams jacket . . right before it was announced they were moving to St. Louis!

Originally posted by TIMLAN2057
    Dez, that reminds me . . . I spent a hundred fifty bucks in 1994 on a LogoAthletic Los Angeles Rams jacket . . right before it was announced they were moving to St. Louis!
    man, that had to hurt at the time, but think, now it will comand big bucks on ebay

MsWistRAM Guest
    I was gonna say, don't be upset about the Fletcher jersey, he's still gonna be popular with Rams fans even though he won't be with us. Wear it with pride, he was one of us!

I can't believe all the developments since I was last on this forum. Keep this going. Great source of info. Just not sure how I feel about all the changes though.

Talking

Welcome back, MsWistRAM, I missed ya!

RealRam is online now Registered User

Fletcher a remembered Ram...

Good point MsWistRAM, London Fletch became an excellent Ram and will be remembered with affection by the fans. I wouldn't mind having that 59 jersey...

Sounds like things are r-e-a-l-l-y shaping up for the 2002 Rams.
    And vindication is beating deeply in the heart. :evil:

:lid:

Talking Hehe...

Originally posted by DODRAM:
    Dez I was there when you got that #59 shirt , hey maybe the next #59 will be better.
    If Jamie Duncan keeps his #59 that he had in Tampa, that could very well come true.

rams=nfl1 Guest
    He will be just as good...I can't wait, now for that number 3 receiver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF this keeps up we won't have any weaknesses to draft for!!!

Cool In Good Shape...

Originally posted by rams=nfl1:
    IF this keeps up we won't have any weaknesses to draft for!!!
    No kidding! Well, we might have a problem at right tackle, as Ryan Tucker has been released, but it shouldn't be that hard to find a replacement. The Rams will have to either have John St.Clair replace him, draft, or sign a right tackle. I didn't expect things to go so fast!

rams=nfl1 Guest
    I say we draft someone like Andre Davis or Ashley Lelie That would kill all DC's who play us. I mean how can you stop us. Davis or Lelie becomes our speed receiver to replace Hakim and then Carter replaces Proehl as the possesion receiver. I bet we could put up at least 38 a game. We could run a 4-receiver set with Marshall in the backfield. If you roll him in motion who do you put a linebacker on?????? Marshall? Or if we refuse to show mercy, throw Trung in the mix instead of Conwell This is amazing!!!!!!!!

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

London calling

Not sure what to make of this acquisition. On the face of it...sure seems to be a drop off in intensity and numbers. Duncan had 86 tackles last yr(73 solo) London had 119(93 solo). Pass coverage numbers pretty close to even with 2 ints for London and 1 for Duncan. London had 10 games with 7 or more tackles while Duncan had only 7 similar games. Durability may be a concern as well...Duncan is entering his 5th yr and has NEVER played in all 16 games in a season. Not sure if he started much in 2000. London had not missed a regular season game in 3 years!! Sounds like his agent dropped the ball in negotiations... with the team saying they couldnt even reach this guy to find out what they were looking for in terms of a contract. DAMN SHAME! Guess we cant have it all. If they can pull off a deal with Carter this may not sting as much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast