Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 54
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: janoris jenkins

  1. #31
    jmk321's Avatar
    jmk321 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    albany
    Posts
    591
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: janoris jenkins

    He made some great plays but there still is no excuse for playing 10 yards off coverage on a 3rd and 3. We don't know if its him or the coaching but that needs to be fixed. Hes made some mistakes which is understandable for a rookie and everyone is glad that hes a Ram but 3rd downs are important and he was picked and beaten badly often yesterday.
    UK Ramfan 83 likes this.


  2. #32
    lostsoul's Avatar
    lostsoul is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    610
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: janoris jenkins

    I love this guy.
    Last edited by lostsoul; -12-05-2012 at 12:26 AM.

  3. #33
    Flippin' Ram's Avatar
    Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,441
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: janoris jenkins

    Quote Originally Posted by lostsoul View Post
    This is from another forum.



    Janoris Jenkins 1/26/2012 Senior Bowl Interview - YouTube


    Question: Who was the toughest player you played against in division 2?
    Answer: It was a RB from Abilene Christian.
    Bet you got that from FootballsFuture didn't you?

  4. #34
    citr92 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: janoris jenkins

    Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    He made some great plays but there still is no excuse for playing 10 yards off coverage on a 3rd and 3. We don't know if its him or the coaching but that needs to be fixed. Hes made some mistakes which is understandable for a rookie and everyone is glad that hes a Ram but 3rd downs are important and he was picked and beaten badly often yesterday.
    it's the coverage they have to play, as i said before, if it were up to jenkins, i bet he'd play a lot closer, same with finnegan

  5. #35
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,988
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: janoris jenkins

    Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    He made some great plays but there still is no excuse for playing 10 yards off coverage on a 3rd and 3. We don't know if its him or the coaching but that needs to be fixed. Hes made some mistakes which is understandable for a rookie and everyone is glad that hes a Ram but 3rd downs are important and he was picked and beaten badly often yesterday.
    Actually there is... I was listening to the Fast lane and and D'Marco Farr who calls the games for the Rams. He addressed that question from a caller. He said the Rams had brought both the safety up into the box for run support and had dropped the CBs off. No one was behind the the CB's they where the last line of defense.

    It makes sense, the 9ers are the best run team and the Rams where playing the run first.
    Nick likes this.

  6. #36
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,289
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: janoris jenkins

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Actually there is... I was listening to the Fast lane and and D'Marco Farr who calls the games for the Rams. He addressed that question from a caller. He said the Rams had brought both the safety up into the box for run support and had dropped the CBs off. No one was behind the the CB's they where the last line of defense.

    It makes sense, the 9ers are the best run team and the Rams where playing the run first.
    Not to mention Jenkins has been prone to bite on play action and double moves.

    It's a learning process for Jenkins right now, and until he develops better instincts, the Rams are not going to take the chance of a receiver getting behind him for a big play, especially as you said, they were playing run first with the safeties.

    As others have pointed out, the strategy worked. Gore was a non-factor, big plays were kept to a minimum, and the whiners only scored 13 points.

  7. #37
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,513
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: janoris jenkins

    Jenkins is obviously not beyond criticism, but I think it would be accurate to say that he is responsible for more big plays than he has given up, and responsible for more wins than losses.

    Not bad for a rookie.
    Curly Horns likes this.

  8. #38
    Curly Horns's Avatar
    Curly Horns is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1st & Goal
    Posts
    2,582
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: janoris jenkins

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Not to mention Jenkins has been prone to bite on play action and double moves.

    It's a learning process for Jenkins right now, and until he develops better instincts, the Rams are not going to take the chance of a receiver getting behind him for a big play, especially as you said, they were playing run first with the safeties.
    Interesting, I think he has very good football instincts. He's definitely a player and he's a big play maker. When's the last time we had a rookie playmaker like him on defense? We've had a crap defense for years and the first playmaker that comes along gets as much criticism as he does praise. And I'm not just picking on you. For crying out loud people - the kid's playmaking won a game for us!

    I just don't get it. We complain for years about the lack of talent and then when we get talent we tear it down. Unreal!!

  9. #39
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,289
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: janoris jenkins

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Interesting, I think he has very good football instincts. He's definitely a player and he's a big play maker. When's the last time we had a rookie playmaker like him on defense? We've had a crap defense for years and the first playmaker that comes along gets as much criticism as he does praise. And I'm not just picking on you. For crying out loud people - the kid's playmaking won a game for us!

    I just don't get it. We complain for years about the lack of talent and then when we get talent we tear it down. Unreal!!
    I'm not complaining, I love Jenkins, and agree that he's a major playmaker who is something special. My point was that as a young player still leaning the subtleties of playing CB in the NFL, he's susceptible to being drawn out of position by play fakes, and still needs to develop the insticts to avoid those situations.

    Thanks for not picking on me.

  10. #40
    FestusRam's Avatar
    FestusRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Festus, Missouri
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: janoris jenkins

    Jenkins is great. Really instinctual and very football smart

    Two things he needs to clear up as a rookie

    1. Staring in the backfield. Its helped him a few times but he has gotten burnt way to much because of it.

    2. Guessing players routes. I think he does this by what he sees on film. If you watch his interviews, you know he's a tape guy who looks for receivers tendencies. Just like the former, this has helped him here and there, but hurt him more often.

    No questions hes a playmaker. Those two things dont concern me all to much being that he is after all a rookie. He will have his bumps in the road.

  11. #41
    jmk321's Avatar
    jmk321 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    albany
    Posts
    591
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: janoris jenkins

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Actually there is... I was listening to the Fast lane and and D'Marco Farr who calls the games for the Rams. He addressed that question from a caller. He said the Rams had brought both the safety up into the box for run support and had dropped the CBs off. No one was behind the the CB's they where the last line of defense.

    It makes sense, the 9ers are the best run team and the Rams where playing the run first.
    Just because you want to stop the run does not mean that corners should be essentially guaranteeing the opposing offense a first down if they run a slant. If we are going to cite other former pros then just listen to Darryl Johnson and Tony Siragusa being angered and dumbfounded as to why Jenkins was handing the ***** first downs repeatedly on 3rd and short.

    Like I said, I'm not blaming Jenkins for this entirely because I don't know if its him or the coaching staff at fault but whoever is making the decision to have the corners play 10 yards off on 3rd and short needs to change their thinking. To use a basketball analogy, nobody plays 5 guys in the paint defensively to stop Lebron James while completely ignoring Ray Allen and leaving him open for the corner 3.
    Last edited by jmk321; -12-06-2012 at 05:40 AM.

  12. #42
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,988
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: janoris jenkins

    Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    Just because you want to stop the run does not mean that corners should be essentially guaranteeing the opposing offense a first down if they run a slant. If we are going to cite other former pros then just listen to Darryl Johnson and Tony Siragusa being angered and dumbfounded as to why Jenkins was handing the ***** first downs repeatedly on 3rd and short.

    Like I said, I'm not blaming Jenkins for this entirely because I don't know if its him or the coaching staff at fault but whoever is making the decision to have the corners play 10 yards off on 3rd and short needs to change their thinking. To use a basketball analogy, nobody plays 5 guys in the paint defensively to stop Lebron James while completely ignoring Ray Allen and leaving him open for the corner 3.
    I'm just trying to provide why Jenkins was off coverage. He did not line up where he wanted but where the coaches put him. Darryl Johnson and Tony Siragusa may be dumbfounded by the scheme but that's not Jenkins doing. Last I looked we won the game and they did not run the ball all day. So we gave up a first down or two in the process. All part of a winning game plan if you ask me.

    Like I said, I'm not blaming Jenkins for this entirely because I don't know if its him or the coaching staff at fault but whoever is making the decision to have the corners play 10 yards off on 3rd and short needs to change their thinking.
    Like I said it's where the coaches wanted him to line up. That being said Fisher also said on his show Jenkins still has a ways to go he's far from perfect. He did not play all the slants the way they wanted him to.

    Farr told the Rams fan why Jenkins was back in coverage and Darryl Johnson and Tony Siragusa where questioning the results of the scheme. Bottom line the game plan worked we won and shut down Gore.

    The biggest reason for the drought was the complete shutdown of San Francisco running back Frank Gore. Following a 23-yard run early in the game, Gore was unable to get much of anything on the ground. In fact, he finished with 58 yards on 23 carries, an average of just 2.5 yards and that includes the long run early in the game.

  13. #43
    RebelYell's Avatar
    RebelYell is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis ,Missouri
    Posts
    2,342
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: janoris jenkins

    4 years ago if you looked around the Rams roster, you'd have struggled to find guys that were obvious "players" to build the franchise around other than Jackson.

    On offense they now have:
    Bradford, Amendola, Givens (maybe eventually) and Wells and Dahl are very solid.
    On defense they now have:
    JLau, Long, Quinn, Jenkins, Finnigan and likely Brockers

    This franchise is in the middle of a massive turn around. Jenkins and Quinn may be the core of this defense for the next decade.
    Nick likes this.

  14. #44
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,513
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: janoris jenkins

    What do you think the national media would be saying about Jenkins if he was playing (and putting up the same numbers) for New England?

    They'd be saying how Bill Belichick is a great talent evaluator who knows how to take a troubled talent like Jenkins and make him a top candidate for Defensive Rookie of the Year.
    Curly Horns, Nick and THOLTFAN81 like this.

  15. #45
    RuffRams's Avatar
    RuffRams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,183
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: janoris jenkins

    Definitely love this kid. I haven't made a jersey investment since my Steven Jackson one over 4 years ago. However with this new future team, I ordered a throwback Janoris Jenkins jersey. Thats how high, I hold him to a standard already.

    Next up Bradford jersey, just can't decide which one I want.


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: -05-27-2013, 04:34 AM
  2. Janoris Jenkins
    By tomahawk247 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: -10-01-2012, 06:55 AM
  3. Janoris Jenkins Signed!
    By svh01 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: -07-26-2012, 07:18 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: -05-04-2012, 12:10 PM
  5. Janoris Jenkins to be checked up on every day
    By Dave2oo2 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: -05-03-2012, 03:30 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •