Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Janoris Jenkins is he worth the risk?

Rambos is online now Registered User

Janoris Jenkins is he worth the risk?

Is he worth the risk? I say hell yeah!

Risky Business Joel Sometimes you've just got to say....

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Re: Janoris Jenkins is he worth the risk?

He was one of three second round picks and not a mid or higher first rounder as his skills could possibly have made him, and as he is one of ten draft picks for the RAMs so all eggs aren't in one basket, and as he is one of four, possibly five, capable CBs........and he brings some noticeable upside and skill, yeah, he's worth the risk.

There are quite a few veterans on the defense to help this young man. He'll be mentored for sure by the coaching staff, and he'll be held accountable thru his contract and by Fisher.
    Semper Fi!

Rambos is online now Registered User

I did not know he had those return skills.

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

he's very worth the risk. this guy's a top 10 talent

general counsel is offline Registered User

Two weeks ago i thought no way. The more i have read, especially focusing on the level of diligence done by fisher, the better i feel about it. The post last night by the seahawks fan that did the video filming for norther alabama and interacted with jenkins personally all last year was very impactful for me in a positive way.

I am sick and tired of having guys in our secondary that couldnt cover a pregnant woman in a phone booth. His talent is so significant (which not one single expert disputes) that it is worth the risk where we took him. Philly would have grabbed him right behind us, no way would he have made it to 45 in my view.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    RealRam, Rambos, Truth and 2 others like this.

Trevor is offline Registered User

Top 10 talent picked in the 2nd round. Not much risk because the rams didn't use a first rounder on him. Other than that, we need to take risks, I'm tired of being laughed at for being a Rams fan. It's time to draft talent, not character. I want to win, not be a team full of smiles and sunshines.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Is he worth the risk?
    Answer: Yes!

He was arguably the best CB in this draft, but his off the field issues caused him to drop, however Coach Fisher has a great rep w/ dealing with said players so it appears to be a win/win. Not sure how many of you guys remember him when he was at Florida, and how he played against A.J. Green, Julio Jones, etc.....he was simply superb. However as with everything, only time will tell; hopefully he won't go PacMan Jones on us.
    Last edited by ManofGod; -04-29-2012 at 03:27 PM.
    sosa39rams likes this.

clarasDK is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    I am sick and tired of having guys in our secondary that couldnt cover a pregnant woman in a phone booth.

general counsel
    Problem is that there is a VERY good chance that he made her pregnant in the first place.......

But all in all I like the chance with this guy! If it works out our secondary will be amazing.
    HUbison and ZiaRam like this.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Ofcourse Jenkins is worth the risk. Even if Jenkins does fall foul of the law on occasion, and gets suspended for four games, its hardly the end of the world. Its no different to being injured from time to time. Id rather have a very talented player on the team, even if he does only have a short career, against a mediocre player with longevity. How can you win, when your not the best at your craft.? With great difficulty. Draft picks like Jenkins atleast put us in the same ballpark as the big guns, and quite frankly its about time.!
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -04-29-2012 at 04:24 PM.
    ManofGod likes this.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

a CB with his skills aren't easy to get.not as much money tied into draft picks these days. we had three 2nd rounders. hell yeah!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Yes, definitely worth the risk. The risk is there, for sure. But seeing those highlights -- thanks Rambos -- proves JJ has got some excellent football instincts!

Everyone ... including Jenkins... knows that the Rams coaches as well as players will be there to support him, to nurture him and help him correct his tendencies to be stupid; to be smart instead, mature and grow into a successful pro in the NFL.

With his proven skills and potential, Jan is well worth the risk. Welcome to the fold young man.

Take advantage of the opportunity JJ!

Last edited by RealRam; -04-29-2012 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Pic

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Lets leave it at this...

Was he worth the risk?

I think so. I think he was my favorite pick of this entire draft. After the pick was made while I was eating dinner I stood up and started pumping my fist in excitement. Rare talent.

I think this is just a young man who made a few mistakes. He could have EASILY said screw this and entered the supplemental draft last season and certainly have been drafted (Terrelle Pryor had a 4th rounder used on him.) Instead, the kid revamped his image at North Alabama, and stayed out of trouble. Then there were the leaked reports that were proven false that he continued marijuana use at N. Alabama (lets be honest he was honest about everything he would've admitted to this.)

This kid they said would have been a top 10 pick in LAST years draft had he declared before being kicked out of Florida. Rams fans, we should consider ourselves LUCKY, as we have a staff in place who is ready to get their hands dirty for talent.

Lets get it Janoris
    GROUND DOG 39 likes this.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Antonio cromartie has like 10 kids with 8 women. Is he an nfl bust? Of course not. Would you pick him in the second round even with the issues relating to his ongoing willingness to play hide the bear in the cave without protection? Of course. He did not test positive at either northern alabama or the combine. That is a big deal for me. Thus, if women are his biggest problem, i dont see that as a reason to pass on that level of talent at that point in the draft.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

If anyone doubted during the video, they didn't get to the 4:00 mark.

harrydog is offline Registered User

Yes, I think he was worth the risk. He's that good. But I definitely do have my concerns. Kids who made mistakes, got in with the wrong crowd, made poor decisions; you can help them to see the light and lead them to the right path. But can you really ever correct stupid? Some people will continue to do stupid things no matter how much positive support they have. Let's just hope that Jenkins is not stupid.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast