Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Janoris Jenkins is he worth the risk?

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Janoris Jenkins is he worth the risk?

I don't think Jeff Fisher and Les Snead would take Jenkins without putting things in place to both help and protect Jenkins.

The issue with Pacman Jones is that he hung around the wrong people, going to strip clubs with Nelly and things like that. He had an entourage. That's a bad step there.

The difference I think, and I hope, is the kids. Pacman Jones didn't have any kids as far as I know, so he was as free to be as reckless as he wanted. Jenkins has kids and says he wants to provide for them properly and be in their lives like a good father. What better motivation to do well on the field and keep out of trouble off it do you need?
    THOLTFAN81, md8 and GROUND DOG 39 like this.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MrLegend28 View Post
    if smoking weed is the issue, we should be good. Even Mike Mayock said this lol. No one cares about pot anymore unless you're a cop or over 40 lol
    Easy with the over 40 stuff..hell, Al Gore and I INVENTED weed.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    The issue with Pacman Jones is that he hung around the wrong people, going to strip clubs with Nelly and things like that. He had an entourage. That's a bad step there.
    Yes it is. Pacman clearly demonstrated a poor work ethic by going to clubs where women were undressed already. Had he possessed the courage to go to decent clubs that clothed women frequent, he would've been obliged to earn the privilege of stripping them. Clearly an unmistakable sign of slothfulness .. Jenkins by contrast (was it 8 women?), is clearly willing to work ..
    HUbison and Ram Mar Ram like this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Yes it is. Pacman clearly demonstrated a poor work ethic by going to clubs where women were undressed already. Had he possessed the courage to go to decent clubs that clothed women frequent, he would've been obliged to earn the privilege of stripping them. Clearly an unmistakable sign of slothfulness .. Jenkins by contrast (was it 8 women?), is clearly willing to work ..
    I have been on this board a long time... Maui this my friend is classic! LMAO and on a day like today i needed it!

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

How can we decide this until we actually see? Its like asking someone you how a rollercoaster ride was when you actually haven't even been on it..

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    How can we decide this until we actually see? Its like asking someone you how a rollercoaster ride was when you actually haven't even been on it..
    It's called Calculated Risk. There is no doubt the Rams took a chance, you have to ask yourself, was it worth the risk? Is his playmaking abilities worth the pick knowing his troubled background.

There is a chance he may miss games due to his off field choices. He may have a shorten career due to his off field choices. He could become a huge distraction due to his off field choices, that is if he continues to make poor decision in the future.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    It's called Calculated Risk. There is no doubt the Rams took a chance, you have to ask yourself, was it worth the risk? Is his playmaking abilities worth the pick knowing his troubled background.

There is a chance he may miss games due to his off field choices. He may have a shorten career due to his off field choices. He could become a huge distraction due to his off field choices, that is if he continues to make poor decision in the future.
    No offence to you, but

1) Why are you telling me things I and every other Rams fan know?
    and
    2) What you posted is totally irrelevant to what I said.

How can people decide whether he was worth the risk before he even gets a chance to do anything? Lets wait 2 years and then we'll see if he was worth the risk or not. Not 1 day after the draft..

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    No offence to you, but

1) Why are you telling me things I and every other Rams fan know?
    and
    2) What you posted is totally irrelevant to what I said.

How can people decide whether he was worth the risk before he even gets a chance to do anything? Lets wait 2 years and then we'll see if he was worth the risk or not. Not 1 day after the draft..
    No offense taken it's all good. I asked IS he worth the risk? Not WAS he worth the risk?

There is a difference...
    RockinRam likes this.

diehard99 is offline Registered User

hey Av, I told you they would draft J. Jenkins in the second round. This is a stupid thread. He's already been drafted now find something else to whiiine about!

RockinRam is offline Registered User

There was definitely a risk factor with drafting Jenkins.

Anyone can say the right things in an interview, especially if your agent tells you exactly what to say so you sound like a well-rounded, sincere human being who has learned from his mistakes.

Hopefully he realizes that he is fortunate to be blessed with skills that have landed him in a very lucky position in life, the ability to play a sport and potentially make millions on millions of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by diehard99 View Post
    hey Av, I told you they would draft J. Jenkins in the second round. This is a stupid thread. He's already been drafted now find something else to whiiine about!
    First of all just because it's a stupid thread don't assume AV started it LOL... Just trying to get a feel from the Clan about the player selected.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by diehard99 View Post
    hey Av, I told you they would draft J. Jenkins in the second round.
    You, Peter King and dozens of other fans...

This is a stupid thread. He's already been drafted now find something else to whiiine about!
    Well, given that you seem to be an expert on the subject, what do you suggest we whine about?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345