Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Jared Cook broke a Rams record (and nobody seems to have noticed)

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Jared Cook broke a Rams record (and nobody seems to have noticed)

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    So the fact that he did something that no Ram has ever done is not worthy of recognition because he failed to meet your expectations?
    Not when one is trying to pick the pepper out of fly poop ..

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Not when one is trying to pick the pepper out of fly poop ..
    Cook was 11th among NFL TEs in yards. So, I guess that 21 other teams have "fly poop" for TEs too.

Some of you guys are downright ridiculous.

Cook was 11th among NFL TEs in yards. So, I guess that 21 other teams have "fly poop" for TEs too.

Some of you guys are downright ridiculous.
    Sorry Av, I thought you might catch my drift. The phrase "pick the pepper out of fly s$*#" (I used the word "poop" to stay within the confines of what is acceptable on this forum) is used when one is perceived to be unreasonably picky as in - never satisfied. Obviously there are some who have posted in this thread who are not. I hope you understand what I meant. I should have used the "sarcastic" font. For the record, thanks for posting the fact that Jared did break a record. Those of you who will not be satisfied until Jared to stands on his head and spits wooden nickels, may have to wait a bit ... C'mon guys, we could have done (and have done) a lot worse than signing Jared Cook.
    RamDez and AvengerRam like this.

Guess that phrase isn't so common here on the mainland!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Congrats to Mr Cook. I wonder what his final numbers would have been if Bradford played the entire season?

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam;481824Clear consensus: Keep Cook, expected to / needs to [B
    develop[/B] for 2014. Totally agree!

Good to know about the record setting though it does seem relative when put next to his potential.
    It's relative to me because the Rams don't have a history of big time pass catching tight ends.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    when one is perceived to be unreasonably picky as in - never satisfied. Obviously there are some who have posted in this thread who are not. Those of you who will not be satisfied until Jared to stands on his head and spits wooden nickels, may have to wait a bit ... C'mon guys, we could have done (and have done) a lot worse than signing Jared Cook.
    Through the years here I have seen plenty of unrealistic posts and some unrealistic posters here that you seem to be alluding to. That's the nature of message boards in general, but I don't see anyone who posted in this thread specifically who are being unreasonable with their expectations of Cook. He probably won't be Jimmy Graham or Gronk and if people were saying that he should be, than I would agree with your post, but I don't see that, Maui. I don't see people here expecting him to stand on his head and split wooden nickels. However, I do expect him to run good routes and have his head in the game for 60 minutes. I didn't see that this year, and I'm calling it as I see it. Even in his best game (the first one) he blew a TD by losing focus and getting stripped. Granted the Cards made a nice play, but it should have never come to that because he should have had the awareness to not get stripped. He lost snaps to Kendricks for a bit during the season. A focused player playing well doesn't lose snaps. Kendricks injury helped Cook's cause by getting him some snaps back. His last game just like his first game, he lost focus and had the 2pt conversion smacked out of his hands. It was too much of a trend throughout the season for me to ignore.

So because "we could have and have done worse than signing Cook" he should be above constructive criticism? Sorry, I don't buy that. It's nice that he broke a yardage record, and congrats to him. On the other hand, in my eyes he underachieved as I watched him play this year.

I have high hopes he will become a very good Rams TE, and possibly our best ever. As of now, yardage record not withstanding he underachieved, and didn't play with the necessary focus, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    So because "we could have and have done worse than signing Cook" he should be above constructive criticism?
    Absolutely not. This purpose of this thread, (unless I misunderstood) was to acknowledge the fact that he set a record - that's all.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP
    That's absolutely true Maui, but c'mon, admit it: it does invite discussion/opinion.
    ramsbruce likes this.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    That's absolutely true Maui, but c'mon, admit it: it does invite discussion/opinion.
    Ok, ok. Apparently you are correct, as we are already on page two ..
    ramsbruce likes this.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Could've fooled me. I thought he was gonna lead the league in drops.
    RedAlice likes this.

punahou is offline Registered User

So the fact that he did something that no Ram has ever done is not worthy of recognition because he failed to meet your expectations?

I say, congratulations, Mr. Cook, and good luck in your effort to shatter your own record next year.
    its not my expectations Im replying to, its the 'no one has noticed phrase' Im repying to. Whatever he has done has certainly flown under the radar because of the other things he's done and not done
    like dropping key passes and seemilngly lack of effort at times.

The other guy that I remember was Pete Holahan. He didnt have the tangibles that Cook has, but he was a player that caught clutch passes from Everett when it mattered- which is something Cook and every other current Rams receiver hasnt learned to do.
    In fact Im certain that Pete had a 600+ receiving season as well and we werent jumping for joy at that time-- were we?

On the other side of this I'll reiterate that I feel Fisher should try Cook out on the edge as a WR. Hes got the speed--- hes bigger than most corners---- and other teams have done it with huge success

Demarious Thomas, Brandon Marshall, and of course Calvin Johnson.

Ht Wt Arm length Hand size 40-yd dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert Broad BP Wonderlic
    6 ft 4 in 246 lb 35 in 10 in 4.49 s 1.50 s 2.54 s 4.56 s 7.25 s 41 in 10 ft 3 in 23 reps 25
    All values from NFL Combine[1

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    its not my expectations Im replying to, its the 'no one has noticed phrase' Im repying to.
    The reason I said that nobody noticed is that I have not found a single mention of the record from any source on the internet. That strikes me as odd, regardless of what anyone's expectations for Cook might have been.

Mikey is online now Registered User

Cook is one of those frustrating players we love to hate. He shows flashes of greatness only to relatively disappear the next Sunday. If he becomes more consistent he could be listed as one of the nfl's best. I hope he does for us Rams fans.

macrammer is offline Registered User

The reason I said that nobody noticed is that I have not found a single mention of the record from any source on the internet. That strikes me as odd, regardless of what anyone's expectations for Cook might have been.
    Regardless of what we individually think of Cook, it is strange that there has been no mention.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast