Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 01d 0rd3r

Thread: Jason Smith

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Jason Smith

I'd just like to note that a lot of people are bashing the Rams front office for talent evaluation and how Smith is a bust. I'd like to run through a few of their other popular choices that draft.

The Rams were picking an OT because Pace was gone and they were desperate or a LT. The choices were:

Andre Smith taken at #6. He's also a RT and struggling to keep his starting job. He's been a locker room problem for the Bengals at times and there are articles from Cincinnati asking when it's OK to label him a bust.

Eugene Monroe taken at #8. He's being bashed in Jacksonville for his inability to block anyone. Last year he gave up 6.5 sacks and I looked on a Jags forum and fans labeled his play to be a nightmare. They also picked Britton that year in the 2nd round and he is easily a bust.

A lot of people wanted Crabtree that year and he's been a bust in San Fran as a #1 WR.

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: Jason Smith

Yeah looking at the 2009 draft there were VERY few players in the top 10 or 15 that actually panned out. The top 10 look especially bad. I'm really glad they've fixed the outrageous amounts these top picks are getting because his contract is eating up money the Rams could spend in other places.

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    I'd just like to note that a lot of people are bashing the Rams front office for talent evaluation and how Smith is a bust. I'd like to run through a few of their other popular choices that draft.

The Rams were picking an OT because Pace was gone and they were desperate or a LT. The choices were:

Andre Smith taken at #6. He's also a RT and struggling to keep his starting job. He's been a locker room problem for the Bengals at times and there are articles from Cincinnati asking when it's OK to label him a bust.

Eugene Monroe taken at #8. He's being bashed in Jacksonville for his inability to block anyone. Last year he gave up 6.5 sacks and I looked on a Jags forum and fans labeled his play to be a nightmare. They also picked Britton that year in the 2nd round and he is easily a bust.

A lot of people wanted Crabtree that year and he's been a bust in San Fran as a #1 WR.
    They were drafted as RT. J . S. was drafted 2nd overall as a left tackle. U pay half the money for a right tackle, u get it..................

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    They were drafted as RT. J . S. was drafted 2nd overall as a left tackle. U pay half the money for a right tackle, u get it..................
    They? As in Eugene Monroe was drafted to play right tackle even though they play him at left tackle and drafted Britton later to play RT? It would be nice if you stopped posting stuff you've just made up off the top of your head.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

How about Michael Oher? Went to the Ravens at pick # 23!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Eben Britton has played better than Jason Smith. I still believe in Smith, I just hope he gets it together. Either re-work his contract or get rid of him. $9 million is to much for any position, forget RT because he wasn't even good enough to make LT.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

You're right, a number of players selected high in the 2009 Draft are not living up to their potential.

That news does not necessarily make me feel better about Jason Smith being one of them.

Judaxi is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    How about Michael Oher? Went to the Ravens at pick # 23!
    I live here in Baltimore and Michael Oher is under just as much fire as Smith is. He gets penalties in every game he plays in and looks like crap on the left side. So the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Anybody who has seen the ravens play the last two years has seen the Oher is struggling to keep up. He draws a lot of holding penalties and when he doesn't he is getting beat off the line fairly often. People recognize the name because of the movie but dont really know how he is playing.
    Judaxi likes this.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

The thing with the Ravens is that they are constantly looking to move Oher to RT, they just have no other option at LT right now.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    You're right, a number of players selected high in the 2009 Draft are not living up to their potential.

That news does not necessarily make me feel better about Jason Smith being one of them.
    Exactly, what does everyone else sucking as well, have to do with Smith's horrible play? Idon't think anyone is blaming the FO for drafting Smith, we just want him to pull his head out of his butt and start playing like he's capable of. He's getting paid like a pro-bowler and he wouldn't be starting on most teams in the league. I won't shed one tear if the Rams ever decide to cut that giant waste of cap space.