Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 95
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Jason Smith to Jets (Not Finalized, yet)

  1. #31
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,025
    Rep Power
    164

    Re: Jason Smith to Jets (Not Finalized, yet)

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    And yet you claim we don't know what we are talking about because we aren't NFL scouts. Don't comment on things you have no idea on! Hunter is 31 and hes been one of the worst if not the worst RT's in the game today, but yes, since we aren't being paid by professional sports teams we must have no idea what we are watching!
    Dude, are you really this thick?

    You don't know as much as NFL scouts.

    You can quote all the O line stats, New York Post blog comments, Twitter tweets, Rotoworld commentary and Bleacher Report articles you want, but you still don't know what the scouts know.

    Hunter struggled last year, but his former OC thought he was worth obtaining.

    So, no... I don't care if YOU think he's one of the worst RTs in football.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -08-28-2012 at 12:23 AM.


  2. #32
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,038
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Jason Smith to Jets (Not Finalized, yet)

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    One hit and he'd be concussed
    In all honesty, his style of play was way better suited for guard. He loved to latch on to people and use his strength and size to outmuscle guys. He was not a guy with great technique and good footwork finesse.

  3. #33
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,189
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Jason Smith to Jets (Not Finalized, yet)

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Dude, are you really this thick?

    You don't know as much as NFL scouts.

    You can quote all the O line stats, New York Post blog comments, Twitter tweets, Rotoworld commentary and Bleacher Report articles you want, but you still don't know what the scouts know.

    Hunter struggled last year, but his former OC thought he was worth obtaining.

    So, no... I don't care if YOU think he's one of th worst RTs in football.
    Not too fun when the roles are reversed, huh? You're usually the douche. I watch enough football to know that Hunter is beyond horrible. If you don't want to listen to me, thats fine, I don't really care. My life will go on. But the fact that you said we don't know what we're talking about because we think he's trash, yeah.. not gonna slide. I'm sure you've critiqued many players with your 14,000 posts, and yet (not that Im aware of) nobody says to you "You have no idea what you are talking about". If our opinions on players are irrelevant and dont mean jack, whats the point of a sports forum?


    THE DREAM TEAM

  4. #34
    Rambunctious's Avatar
    Rambunctious is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,187
    Rep Power
    53

    Re: Jason Smith to Jets (Not Finalized, yet)

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Not too fun when the roles are reversed, huh? You're usually the douche. I watch enough football to know that Hunter is beyond horrible. If you don't want to listen to me, thats fine, I don't really care. My life will go on. But the fact that you said we don't know what we're talking about because we think he's trash, yeah.. not gonna slide. I'm sure you've critiqued many players with your 14,000 posts, and yet (not that Im aware of) nobody says to you "You have no idea what you are talking about". If our opinions on players are irrelevant and dont mean jack, whats the point of a sports forum?
    Not to butt in but I don't think AV's intent was to say that you have no idea what you are talking about. I think he was just trying to say... Fisher and company have probably watched more tape on Hunter than you, probably understand want they want out of him better than you, so in the end he is going to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

    What I find amusing is a good chunk of the board was willing to bench Smith last year, wanted him gone, thought he was a bust... but now think he was worth more in a trade?
    AvengerRam likes this.

  5. #35
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,025
    Rep Power
    164

    Re: Jason Smith to Jets (Not Finalized, yet)

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Not too fun when the roles are reversed, huh? You're usually the douche.
    No, you've been pretty consistent in that department.

    I watch enough football to know that Hunter is beyond horrible.
    Yes... and you're the only one here who watches football.

    But the fact that you said we don't know what we're talking about because we think he's trash, yeah.. not gonna slide. I'm sure you've critiqued many players with your 14,000 posts, and yet (not that Im aware of) nobody says to you "You have no idea what you are talking about". If our opinions on players are irrelevant and dont mean jack, whats the point of a sports forum?
    You read very well, do you?

    You can have whatever opinion you want. But when you claim that the Rams coaches/front office just traded for a "worse" player, you are claiming to know more than they know.

    Once again... you don't.

    Whether they think Hunter is equal, better, or just a better buy, I'm certain they have reasons that go beyond your extensive knowledge gleaned from "watching a lot of football."

  6. #36
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,038
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Jason Smith to Jets (Not Finalized, yet)

    Here's the deal Avenger.

    Have you watched Hunter play? I'm going to take a wild guess from out of the blue and say no, you have not.

    Sosa supposedly has.

    His opinion is that Hunter is worse than Smith. Instead of talking in an obvious condescending manner, how about you go and watch Hunter play, form your own opinion and contribute that to the community instead of telling everyone that the Ram's organization and their staff are PERFECT (because we all know they've been so perfect and mistake free the last ten years) and that we should just not form an opinion if it differs slightly from the Ram's staff.
    bradwill and sosa39rams like this.

  7. #37
    RamFan_Til_I_Die's Avatar
    RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,126
    Rep Power
    66

    Re: Jason Smith to Jets (Not Finalized, yet)

    Scouts across the NFL hyped Jason Smith as the best LT the year he was drafted. Obviously they were all right.....

  8. #38
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,025
    Rep Power
    164

    Re: Jason Smith to Jets (Not Finalized, yet)

    Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Here's the deal Avenger.

    Have you watched Hunter play? I'm going to take a wild guess from out of the blue and say no, you have not.
    And you'd be wrong.

    Yes, I've seen him play, and I don't deny he struggled. Heck, I read an interview with Hunter and HE didn't deny that he struggled.

    His opinion is that Hunter is worse than Smith. Instead of talking in an obvious condescending manner, how about you go and watch Hunter play, form your own opinion and contribute that to the community instead of telling everyone that the Ram's organization and their staff are PERFECT (because we all know they've been so perfect and mistake free the last ten years) and that we should just not form an opinion if it differs slightly from the Ram's staff.
    Did you guys take too many stupid pills tonight?

    Apart from your erroneous premise (that I've never seen Hunter play), the suggestion that I think the Rams organization is "perfect" is beyond absurd. Nonetheless, I still think I'll go with their opinion over sosa's.

    As for the whole "contributing to the community" thing... I'll get right on that.

  9. #39
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,025
    Rep Power
    164

    Re: Jason Smith to Jets (Not Finalized, yet)

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Scouts across the NFL hyped Jason Smith as the best LT the year he was drafted. Obviously they were all right.....
    If only they had consulted with sosa.

  10. #40
    macrammer's Avatar
    macrammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Cal
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,846
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Jason Smith to Jets (Not Finalized, yet)

    wow such emotion over a couple of has beens. Good Luck Smith. Hopefully you saved your bonus money and lived well below your means. Welcome Hunter. Are you related to Fred Dryer?

  11. #41
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,038
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Jason Smith to Jets (Not Finalized, yet)

    Loved the negative rep along with the comment "idiotic post". Really dented my ego there with that real hard shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Did you guys take too many stupid pills tonight?
    Real mature. Honestly, that is quite silly and I expected better of you.

    Apart from your erroneous premise (that I've never seen Hunter play), the suggestion that I think the Rams organization is "perfect" is beyond absurd. Nonetheless, I still think I'll go with their opinion over sosa's.
    Oh please. There is no doubt in my mind that you have said more than your fair share of fraudulent and misguided assumptions.

    The fact that throughout this discussion you never once mentioned or displayed evidence that you have even any knowledge of Hunter's ability, yet continue on about how us "random" fans should just sit down and shut up is really laughable.

    I am sure the legion of Rams and NFL scouts that frequent this board wholly appreciate your approval of their opinions.

    As for the whole "contributing to the community" thing... I'll get right on that.
    Sorry but your "I'm going to subliminally make fun and discredit a certain group of members' way of thinking" threads do not count.
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER likes this.

  12. #42
    JustinHasAnAxe's Avatar
    JustinHasAnAxe is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Jason Smith to Jets (Not Finalized, yet)

    Per "Pro Football Focus"

    The ratings are derived from grading every player on every play while looking at how often they are on the field performing a certain action. It left us with four categories for grading the offensive line, though for the purpose of these rankings we added screen blocking to run blocking given the similarities. The resulting run blocking, pass blocking and penalties grades added up to equal our 2011 Offensive Line Rankings (the number in parentheses is their ranking from 2010). Note: these numbers are just for the regular season.
    12. New York Jets (1st)Run Rank 14th, Pass Rank 14th, Penalties Rank 11th
    If it seems like the Jets had one of the worst lines in the league, it’s only because they’ve been so accustomed to having the best in football. The changes at right tackle didn’t help them at all. That, combined with Brandon Moore getting older, D’Brickashaw Fergusonrarely excelling and Matt Slauson middling along, meant the Jets just didn’t have it in them to control contests with their running game.
    Best Player: Even after battling through injuries earlier in the year, the ever excellent Nick Mangold (+26.0) was playing as well as ever by seasons’ end.
    Worst Player: Some Jets may think they’re better off without Damien Woody, but they’re wrong. Wayne Hunter (-31.1) was a huge drop off.
    Take it for what its worth.

  13. #43
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,582
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Jason Smith to Jets (Not Finalized, yet)

    Guys, we just traded one back up RT with a 4m salary for a back up RT with a 2.5m salary

    We shouldn't worry too much about which one of these guys we have on the roster. It's depth. It's rubbish depth, but it's just depth.
    I'd be annoyed if Smith was any good and we had just traded him for Hunter who was rubbish. But Smith is terrible, and hasn't shown us anything in his time here.

    If either of these guys hits the field for us we would have been boned either way, so why not save the 1.5m?

  14. #44
    Bar-bq's Avatar
    Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,824
    Rep Power
    92

    Re: Jason Smith to Jets (Not Finalized, yet)

    Hey everybody, look, it's an argument on the internet!
    Dr. Defense, Tampa_Ram and jsimcox like this.

  15. #45
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,189
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Jason Smith to Jets (Not Finalized, yet)

    Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Guys, we just traded one back up RT with a 4m salary for a back up RT with a 2.5m salary

    We shouldn't worry too much about which one of these guys we have on the roster. It's depth. It's rubbish depth, but it's just depth.
    I'd be annoyed if Smith was any good and we had just traded him for Hunter who was rubbish. But Smith is terrible, and hasn't shown us anything in his time here.

    If either of these guys hits the field for us we would have been boned either way, so why not save the 1.5m?
    Its not that tomahawk. I actually agree with Fisher and the FO. Clearly they thought Barry outplayed Smith, and thats cool with me. They realized that Smith is a bust and is eating a big salary hit, so they went out and replaced him with Hunter who is just as bad as he is, and saved us a couple million. I like the move, just created cap space so we can go after some roster cuts. Its the fact that I was attacked for forming an opinion that probably around 99% of the league form, but it just isn't good enough for Avenger the Almighty!


    THE DREAM TEAM

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jason Smith put on IR
    By Tampa_Ram in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: -11-27-2011, 12:19 PM
  2. Jason Smith
    By RebelYell in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: -10-05-2011, 12:14 PM
  3. Jason smith??
    By GROUND DOG 39 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -09-21-2009, 02:48 PM
  4. Jason Smith
    By AtlantaRamFan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -07-06-2009, 12:26 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -04-21-2009, 02:58 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •