BM_Face is online now Registered User

Jason Smith a symbol for disappointing Rams

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 26, 2011, 9:19 AM EDT

They haven’t received a lot of media attention, but few teams have been more disappointing than the Rams thus far.Yes, we know the schedule hasn’t been easy. But they lost by 18 at home to the Eagles (Philly’s only win), 30 at home to the Ravens, and played sloppy football in a road loss to the Giants.

This was supposed to be a year to take a step forward, but St. Louis looks like one of the worst teams in the league. Some of their young players, notably tackle Jason Smith, appear to be regressing.

The No. 2 overall pick of the 2009 draft was benched during another poor performance Sunday.

“It wasn’t my best game. And the coaches pulled me out,” Smith said via the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “I had some penalties in crucial situations. . . . And I need to play better so I can help the team.”

The Rams drafted Smith to play left tackle and he’s on the right side now. It’s debatable whether he’s even a league-average starter there.

The good news for St. Louis is that they still play in the NFC West. The bad news: No division games until Week Nine.

A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: Jason Smith a symbol for disappointing Rams

The bum is making almost 12 mil a year. He needs to get his crap together or get the heck out of town. A team in our position can't afford to give someone that much money for little to no return.

richtree is offline Registered User

Yeah, I like he will bounce back....he has the talent and all he needs is to block and not get penalties...

I think our line isn't too bad....We had no atheltes on this team last year, and we still have none....

We picked up an older MIkel and really don't have speed on offense. On defense there isn't a sense of fear, nor a sense of pressure.....

seems like 4-5 players have to be added....2 impact players on defense, and 2 impact players on offense...

heff is offline Registered User

This is surprising since he was drafted out of a powerhouse football factory like Baylor...

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

I like Smith. He is developing some really nasty features this year, just dont be stupid and get a penatly for throwing a punch. I dont see what his problem is. Either re-work that contract or goodbye in my opinion.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I like Smith. He is developing some really nasty features this year, just dont be stupid and get a penatly for throwing a punch. I dont see what his problem is. Either re-work that contract or goodbye in my opinion.
    Must be due to having Dahl next to him, hope he can be less short-tempered and more disciplined for that matter because having Goldberg protect Bradford at tackle really worries me..

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Must be due to having Dahl next to him, hope he can be less short-tempered and more disciplined for that matter because having Goldberg protect Bradford at tackle really worries me..
    Having this entire line protect bradford worries me right now. They all have talent, and yet the line is bursting at the seams, doesn't make sense.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Having this entire line protect bradford worries me right now. They all have talent, and yet the line is bursting at the seams, doesn't make sense.
    I think it all comes down to Bradford and his incompetence of making reads off the presnap. Josh McDaniels gave him the chains to adjust the O-line, which is an excellent way of garnering experience but I think through the rest of the schedule until Bradford can finally recognize the blitz, the responsibility for O-line adjustments should go to Jason Brown.

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

Jason Smith is a pretty big disapointment so far IMO. he needs to step his game up big time.