View Poll Results: Would you trade Sam Bradford for any of the QBs listed?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Colin Kaepernick (#11)

8 14.81%
  • Russell Wilson (#12)

6 11.11%
  • Robert Griffin III (#13)

8 14.81%
  • Jay Cutler (#14)

1 1.85%
  • Tony Romo (#15)

0 0%
  • Matthew Stafford (#16)

6 11.11%
  • Philip Rivers (#17)

2 3.70%
  • Cam Newton (#18)

3 5.56%
  • Andy Dalton (#19)

2 3.70%
  • Alex Smith (#20)

1 1.85%
  • I would not trade Sam for any of these QBs.

34 62.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The Jaworski Project: Part 2

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Re: The Jaworski Project: Part 2

Sorry Jaws, I will have to disagree!

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    So with 3 PRO BOWL/league leader caliber WRs, you think he could "blow it up"? That's quite a bold statement!
    He didn't go to a probowl while with the rams did he?
    Semper Fi!

Bing69 is offline Registered User

Kaepernick, Wilson and RG3 all made me stop and think, but as we've only seen 1 season of each i dont have enough of an evaluation to justify swapping Bradford for any of them. From what ive seen of Bradford over the past 3 seasons, he has all the tools to be top drawer, the other 3 have just 1 season under their belts, lets not forget that Bradford had a very good rookie year too, on a much worse team than those 3.

The other name that intrigues me is Andy Dalton, but i fear he'll never reach the upper tier of QBs, but rather just a very good one.

Sticking with Bradford on this one.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

I voted none this time again although it wasn't as easy to do as round 1. But I believe none of these guys are a VAST improvement over Bradford.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Funny how circumstances never get brought up with crap like this. Lets put Kaepernik,Griffin, and Wilson and any other qb for that matter through 3 different offensive systems with little to no weapons around them and see how they perform. The cards have been stacked against Sam plain and simple. Finally he gets some stabability on the offensive side of the ball with some good coaching and some talent at the wr position. I wouldnt put any qb through what Sam has gone through and expect them to be great.
    thoey and viper like this.
    Just Fix It

Randart is offline Registered User

Guys that made me take a moment were, Cutler, Cam & Stafford I just like how they play and their arms. The rest could be fails, although Romo has alot of skill if they block for him. But not as big a arm as the three I mentioned. The young guys (i/e RG III, Kraperneek, & Wilson) could all fall off the map this season and I would kinda enjoy that if they did. So in the end I stayed with Slingin' Sammy Bradford... Hope Sam can lead us to the promised land and show his nay sayers what fer!

macrammer is offline Registered User

For me, RGIII is the only one on the list I would look to make a change.........

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I voted none of the above. I had to sit back and really think about this though. Certainly some interesting options to choose from.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

To me, this is the more interesting question, for the simple fact that of the top 10, I'd probably trade Sam for at least 6, 8 if it's just for one year(Peyton and... grumble grumble... Tom "I'm a whiny pants" Brady).

But Luck, Ryan, Eli, Rodgers, Brees, and probably Flacco are all no brainers. Of course I'd take Pro bowl/all-pro/SB MVP players at the most important position.

This is the interesting one, because these are guys who have seen some success, but not Super Bowl level(except for Kap) or sustained playoff ability(Here's where Kap gets the toss down to the teens). So, it's interesting, but I'm actually more intrigued by the guys closer to Sam than those higher.

I think that Dalton and Smith are ones that I actually might trade for, simply because they take care of the football. Smith won't thrown interceptions, and with the defense that we have, we could win a 2000 Ravens or 2002 Bucs type Super Bowl with him. Reason why I think the Whiners are stupid to have gotten rid of him. Once Kapernick gets hurt or the NFL adapts(defense always does), then he's going to go back to relying on his arm, just like every quarterback does.

This is why a "running QB" has never won the Super Bowl. Quarterbacks who scramble have won, look at Elway. But planned runs were never a part of his game, specifically when he actually won his Super Bowls, he just got away and kept going. Very much like Rodgers. Throw first, throw second, scramble when you need. The linebackers and safeties, those who will usually tackle the QB are too big and too fast to escape the brutal, injuring hit forever.

And so, the three that I would consider, if the price is right(meaning straight up or in our favor, most likely), Stafford(one of 4 guys ever to throw for 5000), Dalton(better be in our favor, definitely), and Smith(again, in our favor, but he's a classic protect the ball and let the defense win QB). But would I trade for any of these guys as the buyer... no, I don't think so.
    I believe!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I would probably trade Sam for Stafford and Griffin, either in the short or long term, though I would not be surprised if that changes after this season if Sam puts together a strong campaign.

Griffin, to me, is a new breed of "running" quarterback. I view him as the upgraded model of Vick because I feel he's much better as a passer and isn't as quick to tuck the ball and run when things break down. Having the ability to throw accurately all over the field combined with dangerous wheels makes him intriguing.

Stafford has benefited from a great weapon in Megatron, but my impression is he hasn't had a whole lot else to work with. His durability concerns me, but I feel like he has the courage and the arm to really make things happen, especially in a more balanced and effective offense.

I'm not confident in Kaepernick as a long term successful quarterback. I think eventually Wilson's limitations will cap his success. I've never been much of a fan of Cutler; I think he has some attitude issues and just isn't efficient enough. Efficiency concerns turned me away from Romo as well. Rivers is getting up there and, as Av said, I think he's peaked. Newton has the talent but I question if he has the attitude to make the most of it. Dalton doesn't really wow me. Smith... ha!

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

Stafford, RGIII, and Cutler are all great QB's that could win a SB with the right talent around them. I just hope Sam shows up on this list of 11-20 next year, cuz most of these are QB's that have proven they can take their teams to the playoffs, and currently, I can't argue that Sam does not belong in this group.

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

My top answer is not trading Bradford for any of them. However, Kaep, Wilson, and RGIII did have me thinking but I have to see more from them. One thing about Bradford is that he has gotten better every year. I need to see what these young QBs do this year.

Agrajag is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Funny how circumstances never get brought up with crap like this. Lets put Kaepernik,Griffin, and Wilson and any other qb for that matter through 3 different offensive systems with little to no weapons around them and see how they perform. The cards have been stacked against Sam plain and simple. Finally he gets some stabability on the offensive side of the ball with some good coaching and some talent at the wr position. I wouldnt put any qb through what Sam has gone through and expect them to be great.
    Yes he has some talent finally, but they're inexperienced as well. Our most experienced receiver is a tight end in his first year with the team.

If I had to give a reason that the Rams are going to improve offensively I would say that the offensive line at least on paper and barring injuries, has the chance to allow Sam to show what he can do.

Robert Griffin the who? I'm sorry but I'd take that trade again without blinking. We needed the picks then and we'll need all we can get until the team has depth on the O line and solidifies at safety and LB.

This is football, it's a team sport and these are the Rams, who I've not seen a winning record from in 10 years. No, I'm not putting the team down. I'm just keeping it in perspective. They had a 500 season in 2006. This has been a bad football team for a long time. I always felt like they should have traded down for picks when they drafted Sam because the team simply wasn't in place for a good quarterback much less a great one.

And now they are on the rise sure, but the competition has gotten a lot tougher. The league won't let up on their favorite punching bag until it beats them back down, so we have to break them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12