View Poll Results: Would you trade Sam Bradford for any of the QBs listed?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aaron Rodgers (#1)

44 86.27%
  • Peyton Manning (#2)

8 15.69%
  • Tom Brady (#3)

12 23.53%
  • Joe Flacco (#4)

4 7.84%
  • Matt Ryan (#5)

16 31.37%
  • Drew Brees (#6)

17 33.33%
  • Ben Roethlisberger (#7)

3 5.88%
  • Eli Manning (#8)

8 15.69%
  • Matt Schaub (#9)

1 1.96%
  • Andrew Luck (#10)

28 54.90%
  • I would not trade Sam for any of the QBs listed.

5 9.80%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: The Jaworski Project: Part 3

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

The Jaworski Project: Part 3

Okay... let's finish this thing!

Sam fared well in Part 2. About 35% would trade him for at least one of the QBs ranked between 11 and 20 by Jaws.

Now comes the moment of truth: the Top 10.

Would you trade Sam Bradford for any of the QBs listed?

Remember:

1. This is multiple choice, so vote for all the QBs you would trade Sam for (or indicate if you would not trade Sam for any of the listed QBs);
    2. Take age into consideration; and
    3. Do not take salary into consideration (assume all QBs have the same salary).

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: The Jaworski Project: Part 3

I voted "yes" for 3 QBs, and its probably not who you'd guess.

First one was easy. I would take Aaron Rodgers over Sam.

The next two were tough. If it were a one season deal, I'd take Peyton Manning (37) and Tom Brady (35) over Sam. However, for long term, I'll take a chance on Sam's development over the short-term gratification.

Flacco and Ryan are next. I said "no." I truly believe that if Sam had been drafted to teams like the Falcons or Ravens, his numbers would be up there with them. Ryan was actually a close call for me. I flipped a coin.

I voted "yes" on Drew Brees. Though his age was a concern (34), I think he'd be worth the 3-4 years you'd get out of him.

Roethlisberger, Eli Manning and Matt Schaub were easy "no" votes. Big Ben was the toughest call of the three.

Finally, I voted "yes" on Andrew Luck. Unlike guys like Kaepernick and RGIII, he didn't succeed because of a gimmick offense that relied on his running ability. He's a classic drop back passer who's younger than Sam and more athletic. While I had to give it some thought, he got my "yes" vote.

So, does that mean that I think Sam is the 4th best QB in the league. Of course not.

But, as a long term prospect, I'll take Sam Bradford at age 24 over most of the starting QBs in the NFL at this point.

I just hope I feel the same way in January (I'm confident I will).

macrammer is offline Registered User

I voted for Rogers, Ryan, Brees and Luck......and RG III........But I still feel that Bradford will deliver for us since we now have him set up for just that........

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

I picked Rodgers, Luck, or none of the above. While these QBs are more proven than Bradford at the moment, they all have their own flaws that don't interest me in partaking.

Brady, Brees, and Manning are the elite but are getting old so after a couple of seasons, we'd have to pick another franchise QB and even going to a new system, they'd have their fair share of hiccups.

Flacco and Ryan are better than Bradford at this point, no doubt about it. But they've benefited off the likes of Boldin, Smith, and Pita/White, Jones, and Gonzalez respectively. I assume they're at their peak as well. I look forward to seeing Bradford mold with his new toys.

I almost picked Roethlisberger but given the nature of the way he plays (likes to hold the ball too long and take hits), I'd be worried about having him around.

E. Manning was on the verge of being labeled a bust shortly before his first Super Bowl win. His production during his early years are similar to Bradfords (sans the sacks) so I'd gamble on thinking Bradford can be like Eli or even better. His main flaw is that he's consistently inconsistent, he'll make those derpy throws that will make you want to facepalm through your face but Bradford does the same thing too sometimes, but he's improving as well. Overall, Eli is on his peak while Bradford has tremendous upside I'd like to see us tap on.

As for Schaub, I'm sure he's peaked as well and he's pretty underwhelming during the postseason.

Rodgers's relatively young IMO and his prolific passing ability intrigues me a lot so I'd want him on this team. Luck while he's only had one season, he's shown to make better decisions and reads than Bradford at this point but his arm strength concerns me he looks to be an 85% passer 15% runner type QB and his athleticism is pretty fly for a white guy.

If I had the first choice though, I'd still stick to Bradford at this point. Call me biased but I believe Bradford can be a Top-10 QB and that's what we need along with a complete team to win a Super Bowl. The QBs for their respective teams complement them well, I don't know how well they'd fare with us in the long run.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I voted yes on Rodgers, but that's it. I like what I see from Luck, but one good year does not make him a bankable quantity.
    sosa39rams likes this.

citr92 is offline Registered User

i voted no one....sure there are a few i'd like

but bradford STILL has yet to be on a really decent offense....broken record yes, but getting sacked a bunch and no consistency would doom any quarterbacks

plus, dude has ice in his veins, game winning drives seem to come easy with him

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

plus, dude has ice in his veins, game winning drives seem to come easy with him
    Huh?? Someone must be editing those out of the Ram's games I watch.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

RealRam is offline Registered User

Brady; Rodgers, or Luck. ONLY if "trade factors" would make it the right deal. Otherwise, NO trade.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

As I mentioned a short time ago in the part 2 thread, I felt like this was the easier of the two parts for me. These are guys that mainly have had continued success and a number of the have all-pro or Super Bowl MVP credentials.

Put me down for Brees, Rodgers, Ryan and Luck guaranteed. On a one season basis, "Suck my" Brady and Peyton are in. And Eli, while maybe right at the peak of his career, still has more rings than his Brother. I'll take him too.

Trust me, I love Sam, and love his still 10 year potential. But to bring an established, winning field general in, I'll take that even for the short term.
    I believe!

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

I picked 4 Rodgers, Manning, Brees, and Manning. but I based it upon them all winning the superbowl. although there are 3 others there that have one, I feel that they won based upon the system they play and not necessarily there skill level. Andrew Luck is a good QB but I feel Sam Has just as good a chance as him to lead a winning team.

Bing69 is offline Registered User

QBs are kind of like cars, there are many varieties. You may crave a certain type of car but when you actually drive it, you may find that you dont like it all that much. You may already have a perfectly servicable car for several years but have your head turned by a new top of the range car with through the roof promises of performance and style. In the end, although you may not have the best car of the fleet, you have to find a car that is right for you, which sometimes involves dismissing the top of the range cars and trusting the mid of the range car which in time with a few modifications and additions could equal or surpass the performance and style of the current upper echleon of cars.

TIB - Trust In Bradford
    RealRam likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I voted yes on Rodgers, but that's it. I like what I see from Luck, but one good year does not make him a bankable quantity.
    Exactly what I did. Next year AV's gotta do this poll again and we'll see where Sam ranks (I'm willing to bet top 10 and almost nobody will want another QB). Jaws will be eating dirt.

THE DREAM TEAM

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't mean to be difficult, but I think it depends on the fine print. I know one caveat was to take age into consideration, but my bigger question is objective.

If I'm building a team for 2013 only, then I would trade Sam for nine of these guys (all but Schaub). If I'm building a team for 2013 and beyond, as in I'm looking for a long-term answer, then I'd probably only trade Sam for four of the listed players: Rodgers, Flacco, Ryan, and Luck.

As sosa said, I do think it'll be interesting to look back on Jaws' list after the season. I expect Sam will have made a case to move up from #22 in Jaws' rankings.
    SWFCRAM and KoaKoi like this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Rodgers, Flacco, Brees, and Luck were all easy picks for me, I also went with both Mannings but would only do that if I felt It would be for multiple seasons. If I ever saw Brady in a Rams uniform it would nauseate me I don't care how good people think he is. Ryan is super hyped and has been in a great situation for years. Shaub just makes me go meh..... And Big Ben is probably gonna be a Steeler for life.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I voted Rodgers and Big Ben.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast