eldfan is offline Registered User

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports, Rams to be annihilated!

The St. Louis Rams are begging to be annihilated by the Dallas Cowboys by starting A.J. Feeley at quarterback.

According to Jay Glazer of Fox Sports, Sam Bradford's high ankle sprain will keep him out of Sunday's game against the Dallas Cowboys.

Any team who has to start Feeley should be very concerned. Feeley hasn't started a game since 2007, and didn't even throw a pass over the last three seasons. He played in the first game of the season against the Philadelphia Eagles, but completed just one pass out of five attempts.

The St. Louis defense has been horrible this year, so Feeley won't be able to rely on them to bail him out. The Rams are giving up over 400 yards of total offense this year. They are a terrible football team, and it's going to show this week.

Tony Romo and the Cowboys are going to explode offensively. They have the fourth-ranked passing attack in the NFL, and will be looking to exploit the Rams' below-average pass defense.

Keep your 12-pack handy if you're a St. Louis fan.

:ramlogo:

eldfan is offline Registered User

Re: Jay Glazer of Fox Sports, Rams to be annihilated!

We will see but I hope the rams can make him eat his words.
    :ramlogo:

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

AJ seems to have better timing and quicker reads going off the preseason games. A lot has changed since than, but my gut says Feeley has a good game, makes some big plays. But, will he make a easy mistake and is he clutch are my first two questions. The man is the wildcard.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

My momma always said that AJ Feeley is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you will get.

He has played and started in the league. Maybe the 3 year hiatus will get him to play well today. Let us hope. Still, though, if Jackson can get hot with the running, the Rams can win this game. I think we will try to establish the run game right out of the gate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

I think the key to a win depends on three things:

1. Pressure on Romo. One of the things I like best about Romo is the way he screws up when the pressure is on. Keeping him running scared will force him to make some mistakes - and we all know that when Romo makes mistakes, there's a good chance he will make a BIG mistake...then it depends on our D to capitalize on that!

2. Blocking the run. Dallas is going to have a new kid out there today - and if our front 4 can inject a little pain early on, then this will make him slow down just a tiny bit and take time to think before he runs...meaning it will be easier to stop him behind the line and not think about securing the ball.

3. Steven Jackson. He will need to show the Dallas D what pain is all about - by throwing out a stiffarm first chance he gets, and running over anything with a star on its helmet. We all know what he can do - and he will need to do what he does best: keep pounding the ball - he gets better the more times he carries.

OK, there's 4. Feely will HAVE to make some passes stick. I don't think he has the distance or accuracy of Bradford, or even Bulger. The only way he can do us good is if our O line gives him time and our recievers are oopen enough to get to the ball. If Sam were out there, I wouldn't worry - he is good when it comes to passing on the run. DX and Lloyd will have to reach to catch the ball today - and I think they can do it IF Feely has 3-4 seconds before he releases the ball.

To sum it up - our D and our O-line need to step it up today...and Feely needs to grow a pair and not panic.

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

Nice call Jay.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by fearsome foursome View Post
    Nice call Jay.
    Jay Glazer wasn't even close with his call on this game. The Cowboys didn't kill us through the air! They killed us on the ground!

Go back to sleep Jay!