throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Jeff fisher?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Jeff fisher?

Scott Linehan lasted for 2 full seasons and 4 games into his 3rd season before being fired.
    (36 regular season games)

Spags lasted a full 3 seasons before being fired.
    (48 regular season games)

How many games are you going to allow JEFF FISHER before you start calling for his head?
    Last edited by laram0; -04-01-2012 at 01:43 PM.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Re: Jeff fisher?

I'm not exactly the king of patience, but Fisher will be given a lot more leeway from me because he is an experienced head coach who knows what he's doing- unlike Linehan, who was completely incompetant and Spags, who appeared in over his head running an entire team.

I'm also not one to set the bar low, but I do not feel 6-8 wins this season is an unreasonable expectation.
    39WillRunYaOva likes this.

macrammer is offline Registered User

I think most folks supported Spags until the 2012 debacle. I support (insert HC NAME) and I will for as long as Rams play smart, fundamentally sound football resulting in game over game improvement resulting in increased victories on the road back to sustained respectability.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Lets hope he is bringing in a solid strength/conditioning person, who may have a plan that will help keep the roster healthy. This has got to be THE MOST injured franchise over the last 4-5 years. If the roster can stay reasonably healthy, I expect notable results by season 2.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

I always give two free years. At that point they're either moving up or down, and I'm watching which way.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    I always give two free years. At that point they're either moving up or down, and I'm watching which way.
    Yep, two years to turn it around. Third year is "show me a winning season or the Rams should show you the door".
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    Ill give Fisher the benefit of the doubt, in the initial stages of the rebuild. But I still expect to see competitive football from the team in the near future. The amount of money Fisher is earning as HC, will leave him open to attack from fans, so the balls in his court on this one.
    Even with a roster resembling a tea bag. I still feel their is no excuse for uncompetitive football this year. So Im going to hold Fisher to this, right from the beginning.
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -04-02-2012 at 08:23 AM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Truly interesting. It appears most folks are willing to give Fisher more time than Linehan or Spags.

But as a 16 year HC, shouldn't his learning curve be LESS than two brand new HC's? Shouldn't he be producing faster than Linehan or Spags?

And for the record, I'm not advocating one way or the other, just asking questions.
    Rammed and GROUND DOG 39 like this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Truly interesting. It appears most folks are willing to give Fisher more time than Linehan or Spags.

But as a 16 year HC, shouldn't his learning curve be LESS than two brand new HC's? Shouldn't he be producing faster than Linehan or Spags?

And for the record, I'm not advocating one way or the other, just asking questions.
    I actually think this is right.

The upward curve on the performance graph should be more acute than that of a N00b in the job who has little to no HC experience.

I expect this of Fisher, and will be disappointed if his achievements mirror anything like the last two/three coaches we've had during the first 3 years.

(Wow! The 300!! - 'THIS - IS - CLAN RAM!!!!')
    Last edited by UK Ramfan 83; -04-02-2012 at 01:09 PM.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post

Even with the previous head coaching experience I feel it takes two years to hopefully flush bad draft choices and FA acquisitions as well as get his system into the minds of the players that he does end up with.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

berg8309 is offline Registered User

2nd quarter, game 1
    MoonJoe likes this.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

You get paid more, I expect immediate results. He hired a friend to be defensive coordinator and Fisher himself didn't know the NFL had been investigating him for several months already. Not a blazing start.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    You get paid more, I expect immediate results. He hired a friend to be defensive coordinator and Fisher himself didn't know the NFL had been investigating him for several months already. Not a blazing start.
    Define "immediate" and "results".
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

NorCalRam Guest

In response to laram0, I believe that Fisher is head & shoulders above Spags & Linehan & truly hope he's our answer at head coach..

*NorCalRamFan*

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm a huge Jeff Fisher fan. I can't wait to see him on the sidelines motivating our players as we go on to win our 2nd SUPERBOWL. Whether it takes 2, 3, 4 or even 5 years I'm with Fisher for the long haul.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast