Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By NJ Ramsfan1
  • 1 Post By AvengerRam

Thread: Jeff Fisher

NJ Ramsfan1 is online now Registered User

Jeff Fisher

I am happy Jeff Fisher is our coach and urged his hiring from day one. He is an excellent football coach whose strengths lie in implementing a tough style of play and instilling confidence in his guys. Running not one but TWO successful fake punts is a product of film study and being aware of an opponent's tendencies. It is also a measure of the faith Fisher has in certain guys' ability to make a critical play. When was the last time you saw a fake punt from near a guy's own end zone??!! The improvement in many aspects of this football team is evident, and Jeff Fisher will hopefully be here a long time. We will see GREAT football in the not-to-distant future.

With all of that said, I am disappointed with a couple of things. Not milking the clock more at the end of regulation was a huge mistake. I really have no idea what the point of taking a timeout was with over a minute to play. It gave SF the opportunity to march down the field and tie the game. The defense did a bad job in allowing that to happen, but they should have never been put in that position. And the delay of game with a field goal being kicked in absolutely inexcusable. The Rams showed no urgency- and regardless of whose fault it was, this falls on Fisher. We need to get out of this mindset that Zeurlein can erase all mistakes with a powerful leg. He can't. he's human. And yesterday illustrated that.

I'm also disgusted with the penalties. We've had a ton of them this year- specifically 12 vs. New England and 13 yesterday. This simply has to improve. GOOD teams cannot overcome this type of play; to a team like the Rams it is fatal. You cannot shoot yourselves in the foot at critical junctures like we've done and expect success.

It falls on the coaches to correct this- and to avoid the mistakes which cost us yesterday.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Jeff Fisher

Coach Fisher had a tough day at the office, but I can't think of anyone (who was available) who I'd rather have coaching the Rams.
    Truth likes this.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Re: Jeff Fisher

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    With all of that said, I am disappointed with a couple of things. Not milking the clock more at the end of regulation was a huge mistake. I really have no idea what the point of taking a timeout was with over a minute to play. It gave SF the opportunity to march down the field and tie the game. The defense did a bad job in allowing that to happen, but they should have never been put in that position. And the delay of game with a field goal being kicked in absolutely inexcusable. The Rams showed no urgency- and regardless of whose fault it was, this falls on Fisher. We need to get out of this mindset that Zeurlein can erase all mistakes with a powerful leg. He can't. he's human. And yesterday illustrated that.
    I agree with the timeout taken on the last drive of regulation. Even if you need to clear things up, and take a timeout, wait until the play clock is at one. Big mistake.

There was no need to take a timeout at the game winning FG, as the snap was right at 00. There was no delay of game, and the RAMS won the game right there. If you want to complain about anything with that play, complain about the official not doing his job. His job is to watch the play clock AND THEN look to see if the ball was snapped. Had he done that, he would have seen the ball was snapped. What he actually did was watch the play clock get to zero, and then blow the whistle - without checking to see if the ball was snapped.

gap