Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By NJ Ramsfan1
  • 1 Post By AvengerRam

Thread: Is Jeff Fisher in denial?

Rambos is online now Registered User

Is Jeff Fisher in denial?

Is Jeff Fisher in denial when it comes to our penalties, during his Monday presser.

Fisher said he thought only two of seven penalties called on Rams actually were penalties. So is he saying we have nothing to correct?

Another thing he maybe stuck in the past when it comes to our offense. If you are like me and thought we would be using the hurry up like the Packers and or Denver this year. Forget about it.

Fisher made it sound like we could not be effective running it early in a game. He made it sound as if it would just result in us giving the ball back to the other team faster.

Head Coach Jeff Fisher Monday Press Conference

Maybe Fisher is playing it close to his vest and does not want to tip a team as to what we are going to do but I kind of doubt it.
    Last edited by Rambos; -09-17-2013 at 10:35 AM.

citr92 is offline Registered User

Re: Is Jeff Fisher in denial?

um...i wouldn't say he's in denial

there were OBVIOUS bad calls or no calls that would have radically changed the game

though i did not see the presser, so i have no opinion on that yet

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

As I stated on a prior thread, when you're atop the league in penalties- as the Rams were last year- you're going to be watched extra closely. I'm as big a Fisher guy as there is, but stop with the excuse making and encourage a more disciplined approach.

DE_Ramfan is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    As I stated on a prior thread, when you're atop the league in penalties- as the Rams were last year- you're going to be watched extra closely. I'm as big a Fisher guy as there is, but stop with the excuse making and encourage a more disciplined approach.
    If they were watching extra closely they would have made better calls. We got boned on at least two occasions that should have clearly gone against the Falcons. I don't care how disciplined you play if the refs blow the calls you're screwed.

It's hard enough to beat a good team like the Falcons. It's downright impossible to beat the Refs too.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

It's time we stop bellyaching about the officials anytime we lose a ballgame. There are dozens of opportunities to win and make plays in any given game. And yes, from time to time a bad call screws us. But the notion that it happens to the Rams more than anyone else and cost us a win Sunday is wrong. It's excuse -making 101. We lost to the Falcons on Sunday because we made more mistakes than they did- pure and simple.
    live4ramin likes this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

It seems to me that penalties are being called at an alarming rate throughout the league.

Makes me wonder if the league office might send a message to the officials stating (off the record) that they need to be a little less quick with the flag, particularly on penalties that don't impact the play or put a player at risk.

As I noted in another thread, the biggest showcase game this week, San Francisco vs. Seattle, was almost unwatchable due to the constant penalty calls.
    Varg6 likes this.

citr92 is offline Registered User

thing is, we KNOW how the rams lost...don't need to keep repeating that

some don't see that there were quite a few calls that were bogus
    while it's not that we're blaming the loss on the calls

but as someone else said...why should the rams have to play a perfect game when the opposing team doesn't have to?