Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By laram0
  • 1 Post By Nick

Thread: Jeff Fisher meeting Sam Bradford today.

  1. #1
    Tampa_Ram's Avatar
    Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bat Yam, Israel
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,954
    Rep Power
    30

    Jeff Fisher meeting Sam Bradford today.

    Jeff Fisher Meeting with St. Louis Rams' Sam Bradford Today

    By Shane Gray
    (Correspondent) on January 8, 2012


    173 reads
    2




    Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more storiesNext
    Jeff Fisher
    NFL Photos/Getty Images
    According to a tweet from former St. Louis Rams executive Tony Softli of 101sports.com and tonysolftli.com, the prospective St. Louis Rams head coach will meet with quarterback Sam Bradford today at the Russell Training Center, better known as Rams Park.
    Fisher is reportedly still deciding if he will choose the St. Louis or Miami Dolphins head coaching job.
    According to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Fisher had a great meeting with Rams owner Stan Kronke in discussions regarding football-related issues, as well as personal interest matters, including a mutual affinity towards the state of Montana.
    It has been reported that St. Louis has received permission to speak with two Tennessee Titans executives, Lake Dawson and Ruston Webster, presumably for the vacant general manager position.
    According to many media outlets, including this one, Fisher is expected to decide this week whether to coach under the Gateway Arch in St. Louis or near South Beach in Miami.



  2. #2
    chucknbob is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Age
    31
    Posts
    502
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Jeff Fisher meeting Sam Bradford today.

    Well, if he's meeting with Sam, that makes me think that he is at least seriously considering the Rams. I consider this good news.

  3. #3
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,170
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Jeff Fisher meeting Sam Bradford today.

    by VTramsFan on Jan 8, 2012 9:56 AM CST in 2011 NFL offseason



    Good morning and welcome to another edition of Jeff Fisher mania. Yesterday there were rumors that Fisher was indeed close to selecting his choice, between the Dolphins and Rams. He also went duck hunting yesterday. Nothing can clear a man's head better than sitting in a duck bllind with a duck call.

    Looks like he bagged some ducks!

    That duck hunting trip may have swayed him toward the Rams as Tony Softli has confirmed reports that Jeff Fisher is meeting with Sam Bradford this afternoon. For what, we don't know. Perhaps he has made his choice and wants to talk to Sam before he 100% commits? Perhaps he hasn't decided but wants to meet Sam first before he jumps in with both feet?

    Of course, Fisher is scheduled to be in St Louis today for a "look see" after meeting with Stan Kroenke in Denver last week.

    Typically when a coach wants to meet with a specific player (particularly a cornerstone) it's usually pretty telling on how serious that coach is about coming to the team. Similar to a coach calling a player on draft day.

    Could Fisher be announced as the next Rams head coach soon? We'll all know shortly i'm sure. Stay tuned and we'll let you know more as we hear it.

    Small Update: Other reports coming in saying that Fisher will likely bring current NO DC Gregg Williams with him wherever he goes. Williams is in his last year of his contract as the Saints DC. The Rams did interview Cardinals DC Ray Horton friday, and said they were very impressed.

    I can't figure out what the offense system would be with Fisher as the coach? WCO maybe? I know we would be a hard pounding running team. I can't figure out who the offensive coordinator would be maybe he wants to see what Bradford thinks and to snuff out the rumors he's not in love with his game. That would not be a great start to have your QB thinking he's not the guy.
    Last edited by Rambos; -01-08-2012 at 01:15 PM.

  4. #4
    GROUND DOG 39's Avatar
    GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MANCHESTER, U.K.
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Jeff Fisher meeting Sam Bradford today.

    Quote Originally Posted by chucknbob View Post
    Well, if he's meeting with Sam, that makes me think that he is at least seriously considering the Rams. I consider this good news.
    He may have done the same, with Miami's starting QB. But Im extremely confident that Sam Bradford will impress the hell out of him today. So its advantage Rams here.???
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -01-08-2012 at 12:58 PM.

  5. #5
    Tampa_Ram's Avatar
    Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bat Yam, Israel
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,954
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: Jeff Fisher meeting Sam Bradford today.

    Would be awesome to snag Williams away from NO. Im really starting to wonder who our OC possiblitlies are.


  6. #6
    FestusRam's Avatar
    FestusRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Festus, Missouri
    Posts
    1,212
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Jeff Fisher meeting Sam Bradford today.

    Im confident that if he talks to Sam, he will be swayed to come here. Sams the real deal, Matt Moore isnt. No matter what anyone says, Fishers decision will be impacted by the talent of the most critical position in the game.

  7. #7
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,223
    Rep Power
    108

    Re: Jeff Fisher meeting Sam Bradford today.

    Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    Im confident that if he talks to Sam, he will be swayed to come here. Sams the real deal, Matt Moore isnt. No matter what anyone says, Fishers decision will be impacted by the talent of the most critical position in the game.
    The talent at the most critical position is Fishers wallet. Who's kidding who here? I hate to continue to read that the Dolphins won't be outbid! Money talks!
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

  8. #8
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,469
    Rep Power
    128

    Re: Jeff Fisher meeting Sam Bradford today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    Would be awesome to snag Williams away from NO.
    I agree, getting Williams would be a major coup.

  9. #9
    FestusRam's Avatar
    FestusRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Festus, Missouri
    Posts
    1,212
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Jeff Fisher meeting Sam Bradford today.

    Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    The talent at the most critical position is Fishers wallet. Who's kidding who here? I hate to continue to read that the Dolphins won't be outbid! Money talks!
    Kroenke has the money to pay the man what he wants.

    Besides, if you look at it from a longer perspective, this is only the first of multiple contracts.

    He isn't guaranteed the job past only a couple years. The NFL is a very impatient sport in terms of winning, so he needs to win asap. He has the best chance of doing so with a QB in place.

    Because if he doesnt win, he's going to lose a hell of a lot more money than he would by choosing the lesser of the two in terms of money.

    So, if I'm Jeff Fisher, i'm thinking of the future as well. Not just this contract, but others to come. How do you get contract extensions? Winning! IMO, he has a better chance of winning with the Rams now with Bradford, Our high draft picks, and cap space.

  10. #10
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,223
    Rep Power
    108

    Re: Jeff Fisher meeting Sam Bradford today.

    Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    Kroenke has the money to pay the man what he wants.

    Besides, if you look at it from a longer perspective, this is only the first of multiple contracts.

    He isn't guaranteed the job past only a couple years. The NFL is a very impatient sport in terms of winning, so he needs to win asap. He has the best chance of doing so with a QB in place.

    Because if he doesnt win, he's going to lose a hell of a lot more money than he would by choosing the lesser of the two in terms of money.

    So, if I'm Jeff Fisher, i'm thinking of the future as well. Not just this contract, but others to come. How do you get contract extensions? Winning! IMO, he has a better chance of winning with the Rams now with Bradford, Our high draft picks, and cap space.
    I'm not so sure that he has a better chance of winning with our team. The Dolphins were better than us last season with Moore at QB. Plus Fisher is alot more familiar with the AFC.

  11. #11
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,522
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Jeff Fisher meeting Sam Bradford today.

    So maybe a little wine, a little dancing, and before long Jeff Fisher will be among those who love Bradford.
    GROUND DOG 39 likes this.

  12. #12
    FestusRam's Avatar
    FestusRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Festus, Missouri
    Posts
    1,212
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Jeff Fisher meeting Sam Bradford today.

    Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I'm not so sure that he has a better chance of winning with our team. The Dolphins were better than us last season with Moore at QB. Plus Fisher is alot more familiar with the AFC.
    We are in a better position to emerge as a playoff contender year in and year out with our picks, core players, future cap space IMO. How many games either team won last year doesn't necessarily matter to Fisher, because they weren't coached by him.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: -01-06-2012, 02:18 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: -01-04-2012, 10:29 PM
  3. Why Jeff Fisher?
    By DE_Ramfan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: -11-28-2011, 05:03 PM
  4. PFT: Niners, Crabtree meeting today
    By Nick in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -10-08-2009, 10:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •