Thread: Jeff Fisher Monday Press Conference

Rambos is offline Registered User

Jeff Fisher Monday Press Conference

I still trust this Fisher guy!

Head Coach Jeff Fisher Monday Press Conference
    lostsoul likes this.

chucknbob is offline Registered User

Re: Jeff Fisher Monday Press Conference

He says the right things, but his body language told me he's worried. I agree, I like Fish and I trust him to turn this around, but that he looked like a beat puppy up there.

Quote Originally Posted by chucknbob View Post
    He says the right things, but his body language told me he's worried. I agree, I like Fish and I trust him to turn this around, but that he looked like a beat puppy up there.
    Did you watch it all? I thought he looked pretty pissed with JM and his how do you get these guys to forget about that game and on to the next one. He will get these guys up for the whiners.

Boozer71 is offline Registered User

I'm sure after yesterday, that USC job is sounding much more appealing....
    live4ramin likes this.

SavageRam is offline Registered User

I trust him too.

We'll have a better idea Thursday night whether he deserves our trust. That trust will start to erode though if the team doesn't bounce back at home against the niners.
    Last edited by SavageRam; -09-23-2013 at 05:22 PM.

citr92 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer71 View Post
    I'm sure after yesterday, that USC job is sounding much more appealing....
    ........no

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SavageRam View Post
    I trust him too.

We'll have a better idea Thursday night whether he deserves our trust. That trust will start to erode though if the team doesn't bounce back at home against the niners.

Whether I like a coach or trust him....(I happen to like and trust him) it really makes no difference in the NFL. It is all about winning regardless of who you are.

Thursday will be interesting to see how the team rebounds. The Rams have talent all around, centered with the top draft pick leading the offense, top picks for the d line, corners, Wr's....and key free agent pickups.

While we are obviously still trying to recover from the Linehan/Spags crater, there is no excuse for the way the team displayed themselves on the field yesterday in Dallas. Concern has crept into my psyche with Jeff. I hope it is easily rooted by more inspired play. We shall see

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

I just don't understand the trust comments.

Fisher's job is to develop this young talent and win games. So far, I'm not seeing alot of either.
    live4ramin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Horns View Post
    I just don't understand the trust comments.

Fisher's job is to develop this young talent and win games. So far, I'm not seeing alot of either.
    So you don't see the Rams playing a lot of rookies and second year players? He won 5.5 more games in his first year over the last coach.

The point of the thread really is no to look at what he has done, but how he handles things when they are at their worst. If you watched the presser you might have picked up on the fact that he has faith and confidence in his team. As the media ask stupid questions about dealing with a loss he starts driving the point home you can't look back and it's on to the next game. We don't have to time dwell on it period.

“Yeah, but you know what — this is the National Football League,” he said. “You can’t dwell on it. You have to have a short-term memory, and if you don’t, then you won’t bounce back. This team, by and large despite that it’s young, has a short-term memory and understands the next challenge and that’s where we’re going. When we walk in the building, I’m not going to discuss anything as far as the Cowboys .... because it makes no sense to do that.”

Last year after we lost three games in a row and the third was a 45-7 blowout to the Pats. We went on the road and tied the whiners... we had a three games winning streak in the second half of the year, including a win of the whiners.

Rome was not built in a day and this team will not be rebuilt in 18 games played under Fisher.
    Last edited by Rambos; -09-24-2013 at 07:16 AM.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    So you don't see the Rams playing a lot of rookies and second year players?
    I'm looking for the continued development of those players in the form of improvement on a weekly basis. It's interesting how the team can take backwards steps but no one should go back and ask questions as to why they are falling back.

Perhaps he will turn things around. I think we all hope for and want that.

In the meantime you won't catch me guzzling the kool aid!

So you don't see the Rams playing a lot of rookies and second year players? He won 5.5 more games in his first year over the last coach.

The point of the thread really is no to look at what he has done, but how he handles things when they are at their worst. If you watched the presser you might have picked up on the fact that he has faith and confidence in his team. As the media ask stupid questions about dealing with a loss he starts driving the point home you can't look back and it's on to the next game. We don't have to time dwell on it period.

“Yeah, but you know what — this is the National Football League,” he said. “You can’t dwell on it. You have to have a short-term memory, and if you don’t, then you won’t bounce back. This team, by and large despite that it’s young, has a short-term memory and understands the next challenge and that’s where we’re going. When we walk in the building, I’m not going to discuss anything as far as the Cowboys .... because it makes no sense to do that.”

Last year after we lost three games in a row and the third was a 45-7 blowout to the Pats. We went on the road and tied the whiners... we had a three games winning streak in the second half of the year, including a win of the whiners.

Rome was not built in a day and this team will not be rebuilt in 18 games played under Fisher.
    Rambos,

Let's call it what it is. The game against the Cowboys was as bad as any Spags Linehan game. Rams had one first down in the FIRST HALF. 18 total yards. I suppose if I was the very well paid coach, I would not want to answer any questions about such a horrible showing either. The only thing the coach had to say was "I did not see this coming."

I for one do not accept that type of performance. I expect more from this team. This team that has added and drafted quality individuals, regardless of their age or experience. This team that had quite a bit of pre season hype.

We proved two things last year. We can play within our division very well. We cannot play outside of our division very well. The Rams will not move forward to a winning tradition unless they can do both. So far, it looks to be the same as last year in that regard.

I understand moving forward and not dwelling on the debacle in Dallas but this long suffering Ram fan is not so accepting of such play regardless of the coaches credentials. 4 winning seasons in 23 years can do that to a fan.

As for Thursday's game, I want/expect nothing less then a victory to truly put past Sunday's game behind us. The Whiners are hurting all over the place. They are ripe to have another loss. I hope the Rams are ready, top to bottom, to accommodate this.

citr92 is offline Registered User

austin is getting more catches

bailey is getting in the game

quick seems a bit more involved

tj mcdonald hasn't made a bonehead craig dahl move ONCE so that's awesome right there

ogletree hasn't been talked about a whole bunch lately, but nothing negative either

haven't heard much about armstrong

anyway...my point is the rookies so far haven't really been glaring weaknesses...which is VERY good imo

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    Rambos,

[QUOTE

Let's call it what it is. The game against the Cowboys was as bad as any Spags Linehan game. Rams had one first down in the FIRST HALF. 18 total yards. I suppose if I was the very well paid coach, I would not want to answer any questions about such a horrible showing either. The only thing the coach had to say was "I did not see this coming."
    That game in Dallas was a beat down for sure. No excesses. Sometimes you have to just give it up to the other team, they beat us down. The point is the Rams don't have time to think about it, we play another game in two days. Just like in real life, sometimes you get dealt a bad hand you play it and move on. You ever had a really bad day? You get through it and go to the next one and hope it not going to be a really bad week.

Spags and Linehan are like Privates Fisher is a four star General compared to those clowns. Spags is doing what now? Linhan is working for one of Fisher disciples.

I for one do not accept that type of performance. I expect more from this team. This team that has added and drafted quality individuals, regardless of their age or experience. This team that had quite a bit of pre season hype.
    You have no choice in the matter when you think about. You can stop watching until he's gone or the team is rebuilt and meets your standards as a fan. Your call. As far as the hype goes just ask the Whiners, don't believe everything you read about your football team.

We proved two things last year. We can play within our division very well. We cannot play outside of our division very well. The Rams will not move forward to a winning tradition unless they can do both. So far, it looks to be the same as last year in that regard.
    Ok well that's a start, considering prior to Fisher we have been door mats in our own division for what five years or longer. By the way how many times did Spags or Linehan dominate the west? AZ still has yet to beat Jeff Fisher and you can also add Harbaugh to that list as well. I think we would both agree that Harbaugh had way more talent on his team then Fisher did last year but he still got beat. So far it does look like last year... so far being the key to your statement.

I understand moving forward and not dwelling on the debacle in Dallas but this long suffering Ram fan is not so accepting of such play regardless of the coaches credentials. 4 winning seasons in 23 years can do that to a fan.
    Sounds like a personal problem to be honest. If you are long suffering then you know how bad we where before Fisher came here. If you thought he had a magic wand and we would never have another bad game, sorry it's going to happen again so don't be fooled by the hyped we will lose games in the future it happens to all football teams and fans. I'm not saying Fisher is the greatest coach, hey he's not the best coach in the league today IMO. That said he was the best that was available and he's better then most and he's far and above anything we have had in years here. When you make reference to his career record tells me you did not like the hire, which is fine I get that, kind of explains your lack of patience and not looking at the big picture.

As for Thursday's game, I want/expect nothing less then a victory to truly put past Sunday's game behind us. The Whiners are hurting all over the place. They are ripe to have another loss. I hope the Rams are ready, top to bottom, to accommodate this.
    I like you and all the Rams fans would like a win. Last Sunday is over wining this week does not change anything that happened in that game. Dallas beat us in all fazes of the game it happened.
    Last edited by Rambos; -09-24-2013 at 12:23 PM.

I like you and all the Rams fans would like a win. Last Sunday is over wining this week does not change anything that happened in that game. Dallas beat us in all fazes of the game it happened.
    Beatdowns can be accepted by some Ram fans. Others have higher expectations. Losing happens in the NFL for sure. I expect much more from this team. 16-0....not even close. More then 1 first down in the first half.....absolutely.

richtree is offline Registered User

I think if we bounce back and win a division game this would be forgotten.....

I think the Rams still have the same concerns:

1. Give up too many big plays
    2. Oline not showing up
    3. Bradford not getting big plays ....ever
    4. Rams running game not good
    5. Offense can't stay on field long enough

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast