Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Jeff Fisher Monday Press Conference

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Jeff Fisher Monday Press Conference

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer;470731[B
    ]Beatdowns can be accepted by some Ram fans. Others have higher expectations.[/B] Losing happens in the NFL for sure. I expect much more from this team. 16-0....not even close. More then 1 first down in the first half.....absolutely.
    Again what other choice do you have? Turn off the game? kick the dog? No fan is entitled to a great football team. We are all fans of the Rams we all want them to win every game they play. The reality is we as fan have no control, so you have to accepted the out come of the game and move on to the next one.

I for one do not accept that type of performance.
    Jeff Fisher Monday Press Conference-qhv1qpi.png

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    National Football League,” he said. “You can’t dwell on it. You have to have a short-term memory, and if you don’t, then you won’t bounce back. This team, by and large despite that it’s young, has a short-term memory and understands the next challenge and that’s where we’re going. When we walk in the building, I’m not going to discuss anything as far as the Cowboys .... because it makes no sense to do that."
    Fisher has for the most part been a very successful coach in the NFL, so I guess this philosophy has served him well, but IMO, there are times when you've got to get in players and assistant coaches faces, and read them the riot act. The loss to Dallas was one of the most pathetic, uninspired showings by a Rams team I have ever seen. I put that in the context of a team with many players who've shown a consistent high level of play, and the ability to compete with anyone. I'd be going Vince Lombardi on everyone associated with the team, make them watch all the breakdowns and horrible play from the Dallas game, and work the hell out of them in practice. If feelings are hurt and someone gets embarrassed, TOUGH! This team needs to be challenged.

That's just the way I see it though.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Fisher has for the most part been a very successful coach in the NFL, so I guess this philosophy has served him well, but IMO, there are times when you've got to get in players and assistant coaches faces, and read them the riot act. The loss to Dallas was one of the most pathetic, uninspired showings by a Rams team I have ever seen. I put that in the context of a team with many players who've shown a consistent high level of play, and the ability to compete with anyone. I'd be going Vince Lombardi on everyone associated with the team, make them watch all the breakdowns and horrible play from the Dallas game, and work the hell out of them in practice. If feelings are hurt and someone gets embarrassed, TOUGH! This team needs to be challenged.

That's just the way I see it though.
    Mike I'm sure Lombardi head would have exploded with a performance like one we had. I wonder if he could get it done in this era. If he had to play a game and turn around and get ready to play another one in three days. The greed of the NFL. Short week and televised on national TV to boot.

Lets see how we come out Thursday, both teams got blown out Sunday. Both teams are 1-2 and are not happy. Both teams need this game big time!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Mike I'm sure Lombardi head would have exploded with a performance like one we had. I wonder if he could get it done in this era. If he had to play a game and turn around and get ready to play another one in three days. The greed of the NFL. Short week and televised on national TV to boot.

Lets see how we come out Thursday, both teams got blown out Sunday. Both teams are 1-2 and are not happy. Both teams need this game big time!
    If we beat the whiners on Thursday, I'll be extremely happy, and optimistic about the rest of the season.

As far as Lombardi, IMO he would positively get it done in any era. He is simply the greatest football coach in the history of the game.
    Varg6 likes this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Who is this Vince Lombardi that is being referred to?

E X P E C T A T I O N.........

It's very hard to control expectations after last seasons surprising outcome. I don't know about the rest of you but I didn't see 7-8-1 coming at all. Unfortunately that 7-8-1 record is our own worst enemy now. Fisher knows what he's doing and we've all seen how emotional he can get, (SUPERBOWL XXXIV) I'm sure Fisher has addressed the team and I would bet it wasn't pretty. He's not going to share that with us or the media. He is the leader of this team and he has to show composure and not panic in the public eye. Especially with our team being so young.

I'm as disappointed as everyone else is. I thought we would at the very least play a competitive game against the COWBOYS! However as Fisher says it's time to move on. Bring on the Whiners!!!!

macrammer is offline Registered User

I sometimes wonder if some Ram fans suffer from the Stockholm Syndrome. Far be it for a fan to voice his complete and utter disdain to what transpired last Sunday by a Jeff Fisher coached team.

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    I sometimes wonder if some Ram fans suffer from the Stockholm Syndrome. Far be it for a fan to voice his complete and utter disdain to what transpired last Sunday by a Jeff Fisher coached team.
    I can only speak for myself. The Rams don't control me.

I like you have expectation and when they are not met I like you will voice them. I just won't go into a thread that is meant to be positive after a tough beat down and lay it out there. I would start the thread myself and voice my issues about the team. Although I have no issues with you voicing yours in this thread, I just don't want to be made out to be the bad guy that is not letting you vent. I responded to your reply directed at me with my take on where we are at this time in the rebuild. You and I happen to be in a different place at the moment but who knows if you start the dump Jeff Fisher thread by the end of next year I might be ready to join.

But I hope not.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't blame Rambos for remaining optimistic. I try to be an optimistic fan as well. If he's reassured by Fisher's words, great.

But my take is this: I really don't care what Jeff Fisher has to say at his press conference. I want to see the results on the field. That's how he's going to earn (or keep) my trust as a fan.
    macrammer likes this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

macrammer is offline Registered User

I can only speak for myself. The Rams don't control me.

I like you have expectation and when they are not met I like you will voice them. I just won't go into a thread that is meant to be positive after a tough beat down and lay it out there. I would start the thread myself and voice my issues about the team. Although I have no issues with you voicing yours in this thread, I just don't want to be made out to be the bad guy that is not letting you vent. I responded to your reply directed at me with my take on where we are at this time in the rebuild. You and I happen to be in a different place at the moment but who knows if you start the dump Jeff Fisher thread by the end of next year I might be ready to join.

But I hope not.
    I am not advocating "dump jeff".......not my style. I am though, disgusted with the play on the field from last Sunday. Some might say, well a loss is a loss.....and in most cases, I would agree. But, the Rams were ill prepared, outcoached, outhustled and outplayed in all facets of the game. Looking like the Rams did is worrisome to me....way more then the Pats game last year. I hope it was a blip.

punahou is offline Registered User

So you don't see the Rams playing a lot of rookies and second year players? He won 5.5 more games in his first year over the last coach.

The point of the thread really is no to look at what he has done, but how he handles things when they are at their worst. If you watched the presser you might have picked up on the fact that he has faith and confidence in his team. As the media ask stupid questions about dealing with a loss he starts driving the point home you can't look back and it's on to the next game. We don't have to time dwell on it period.

“Yeah, but you know what — this is the National Football League,” he said. “You can’t dwell on it. You have to have a short-term memory, and if you don’t, then you won’t bounce back. This team, by and large despite that it’s young, has a short-term memory and understands the next challenge and that’s where we’re going. When we walk in the building, I’m not going to discuss anything as far as the Cowboys .... because it makes no sense to do that.”

Last year after we lost three games in a row and the third was a 45-7 blowout to the Pats. We went on the road and tied the whiners... we had a three games winning streak in the second half of the year, including a win of the whiners.

Rome was not built in a day and this team will not be rebuilt in 18 games played under Fisher.
    And yet,
    Jim Harbough did it from the get go

Andy Reid may be doing it this year
    Joe Philbin may be doing it this year
    Mike Tressman may be doing it this year

Im starting to think that something in St Louis doesnt want football there. Only Vermeil and for a bit-- Martz, have been able to overcome the funkiness that St Louis has presented to the Rams.........

Just made a fresh batch who wants some?

Jeff Fisher Monday Press Conference-rose-colored-glasses-strawberry-kool_aid.jpg

Can't see it from my house.

Jeff Fisher Monday Press Conference-17368b152ae0ec4fc93102f271c0a071.jpg

macrammer likes this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I think a lot is going to be revealed this Thursday on just who the Rams are and what may lie ahead for us in the immediate future. A good team with a lot of resolve will bounce back from a dreadful performance and do a better job. If you can't get up for a division rival on a nationally televised Thursday game, it doesn't speak well for anyone associated with your team. SF is reeling, is missing a couple of receivers and lost the guy who led the league in sacks to drug rehab. The game is there for the taking.

Fisher is still in his honeymoon period with the team, and we can't forget just how bad we were 2 years ago. But 7-8-1 (including a 4-1-1 divisional record) means fans don't expect regression. I don't expect to win out, but I absolutely do not want to see another game like the Dallas game again this season.
    Rambos, r8rh8rmike and macrammer like this.

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I think a lot is going to be revealed this Thursday on just who the Rams are and what may lie ahead for us in the immediate future. A good team with a lot of resolve will bounce back from a dreadful performance and do a better job. If you can't get up for a division rival on a nationally televised Thursday game, it doesn't speak well for anyone associated with your team. SF is reeling, is missing a couple of receivers and lost the guy who led the league in sacks to drug rehab. The game is there for the taking.

Fisher is still in his honeymoon period with the team, and we can't forget just how bad we were 2 years ago. But 7-8-1 (including a 4-1-1 divisional record) means fans don't expect regression. I don't expect to win out, but I absolutely do not want to see another game like the Dallas game again this season.
    What really scares me about this game is that the ***** are in the exact same boat as we are being that they are coming off 2 lackluster performances as well. (in their own house no less last week).

The difference is that for the past few years the ***** 'know' how to win and have experienced success, whereas our team has been adrift for a long time.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12