Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Jeff Fisher is a moron, apparently.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Re: Jeff Fisher is a moron, apparently.

Jeff Fisher's loyalty to Sam doesn't make him any more of a moron than it makes him a genius. The fact is Fisher is doing what he's supposed to be doing, and that's sticking with his young, promising QB; you seriously think Jeff would throw Sam under the bus and go with an unproven player? I haven't always been the biggest fan of Sam and I think he's only been a slightly above-average QB up to this point, but his potential is still pretty high and if he were to be in this year's draft I think he'd be the top QB taken.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

I know Jeff Fisher is short, I saw him on the elevator across from mine in Detroit, but I don't think he is a moron. A moron usually doesn't make the money he does. I know we have a quarterback, heck I think we may have four including Sam if you count them all at the end of the season. But what I don't know is if we have a quarterback, that has "it" and can take this team to the next level. I think what we have is another "Marc Bulger" style pocket passer that does well in practice, but can't improvise when he needs to. And I don't know where to find sarcasm font, is it under S?
    RedAlice and Vinnie25 like this.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

If you want to see someone who has "it", just turn your television to ESPN… Johnny Football definitely has it! Even though his team is down big, he's still on the sidelines yelling and pumping up his teammates and he's leaving it all on the field
    MoonJoe likes this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=AvengerRam;481964] You have an uncanny ability to miss the point.[/

Well......better to miss it, than to get stuck by it.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -01-01-2014 at 12:49 AM.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Avenger is a seditious provocateur. Ban him. Ban him now before he drives us into anarchy. Dogs and cats living together.....

Seriously, with Sam, The Rams probably have their first winning season in forever. Fisher did well with what he had but just thinking about some of the missed chances we'd already seen Bradford grab too often, it makes me a little sick to my stomach. Those of us who agree with Fisher, saw the performance, read & placed in context the numbers, we will have to endure a lot of this noise until Bradford plays through.There's room to question Fisher/Snead's talent evaluation but not about Bradford on any meaningful grounds,imo.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    If you want to see someone who has "it", just turn your television to ESPN… Johnny Football definitely has it! Even though his team is down big, he's still on the sidelines yelling and pumping up his teammates and he's leaving it all on the field
    I saw the game and it was good! Normally I shy away from the likes of Johnny Football, but there is something about this kid that has me intrigued...
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

emuen is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Seriously, with Sam, The Rams probably have their first winning season in forever.
    One should expect so, with the talent around him that made Clemens go 4-5.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I understand the sarcasm. I also have quite honestly not heard many reputable talking heads on TV or in the newspaper talk much about Bradford at all, much less offer negative opinion about him. The little commentary that was offered shortly after his injury was pretty favorable, acknowledging his good start while regretting his season-ending injury.

Most of the criticism- fairly or unfairly- has been levied by Rams fans who want a winner after 10 years of terrible football. And it is clear next year is a HUGE year for him- one in which he must not only come back healthy, but lead this football team to a winning season. Talent upgrades around him and the establishment of a decent running game make this not only possible but expected, in my opinion.

Fisher's belief in Bradford was obviously a big factor in accepting the Rams job. I've seen nothing to indicate those beliefs weren't genuine nor have they changed.
    live4ramin and mde8352gorams like this.

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    This thread is pretty moronic, if you ask me. Does taking Matt Leinart make Ken Whisenhunt a moron? Does taking Jason Smith make Spags a moron? Does taking Mark Ingram make Sean Payton a moron? Just because a guy falls in love with a prospect that doesn't work out does not make that man a "moron". Sam may or may not be the answer, but for no certain reason is Fisher an idiot for staying or leaving with Bradford. Guys have been wrong 10 million times before and will continue to be wrong, no matter what everyone around them is saying...

Hell yes as stated when we did it.

Trevor is offline Registered User

A lot of people forget that Sam Bradford was on pace to have a career year, his stats show that. There is no doubt in my mind that if Sam Bradford didn't go down, the Rams would have a winning record. Clemens is a horrible QB and it doesn't take an idiot to see that Sam Bradford is clearly better and it can be strongly argued that some games came down to poor QB play. This team has something that it didn't have a season ago, talent. The Rams now have talent and unfortunately Bradford went down.

But I agree, Fisher is a moron and its evident that fans know more about football than Fisher does, I mean, you get a feel of the game by just watching highlight reels and sitting in the stadium.
    LA Rammer likes this.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Alright lets close this one out and lets focus on April >>>> GO RAMS 2014!!!!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    Alright lets close this one out and lets focus on April >>>> GO RAMS 2014!!!!
    =( DRAFT is May this year........for some unknow reason that probably involves money somehow.
    gap likes this.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    =( DRAFT is May this year........for some unknow reason that probably involves money somehow.
    Radio City Music Hall was already booked all through April. Had to push the draft back because no one could guess the NFL would have another draft.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Poor Sam

Lets look at his career with the Rams...number one pick, contracted for serious coin; so far so good if your Sam Bradford.

However, he steps into a situation where there isn't a lot to work with when joining the Rams. Had Sjax for several seasons which helped, but also had J. McDaniel as OC and put into a system where the Rams didn't have the talent level to run. Until last year's draft he didn't have any real toys to play with--also it wasn't till last season that the Rams FA acquired him another weapon.

Sadly, as EVERYONE pointed out the O-line wasn't really up to NFL standards and somehow the Rams lost their ground game for the first half of the 2013 season--then he gets hurt. So when was it that Bradford in his short career that he had enough pieces around him to really be tested if he is an elite QB or not? Answer: NEVER

So is Jeff Fisher a moron? So far as to getting really good players, no he isn't. But how <HIS> coaching staff using those players, oh yah moron stamped all over his forehead. The good news for Sam that the handwritings is on the wall thanks in no small part the Rams results against 49whinners/Seagulls in getting an O-line for 2014
    Trevor likes this.

Trevor is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    Poor Sam

Lets look at his career with the Rams...number one pick, contracted for serious coin; so far so good if your Sam Bradford.

However, he steps into a situation where there isn't a lot to work with when joining the Rams. Had Sjax for several seasons which helped, but also had J. McDaniel as OC and put into a system where the Rams didn't have the talent level to run. Until last year's draft he didn't have any real toys to play with--also it wasn't till last season that the Rams FA acquired him another weapon.

Sadly, as EVERYONE pointed out the O-line wasn't really up to NFL standards and somehow the Rams lost their ground game for the first half of the 2013 season--then he gets hurt. So when was it that Bradford in his short career that he had enough pieces around him to really be tested if he is an elite QB or not? Answer: NEVER

So is Jeff Fisher a moron? So far as to getting really good players, no he isn't. But how <HIS> coaching staff using those players, oh yah moron stamped all over his forehead. The good news for Sam that the handwritings is on the wall thanks in no small part the Rams results against 49whinners/Seagulls in getting an O-line for 2014
    Agreed, an example would be Tom Brady, this year was his down year because he lost both of his elite TE's and practically all of his receivers. It could be well argued that he struggled this year and he has because he has nobody around him. He posted an 87.3 rating the lowest since his early days with the Patriots and if you look at his early days with the Patriots, his numbers weren't all that different than Bradford's.

I'm not sure how they keep winning, although most of their games have come down to the last second. Bradford does have great 4th quarter comebacks as with Tom Brady. This year was an up year for Bradford because of the talent that surrounded him, even with the stalling run game, he still did well.

Time will tell. I still trust Bradford. I think the wait is worth it to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast