Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 45 of 45
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Jeff Fisher is a moron, apparently.

  1. #31
    Ram Dragoon's Avatar
    Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,226
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Jeff Fisher is a moron, apparently.

    "I'm not sure how they keep winning, although most of their games have come down to the last second. Bradford does have great 4th quarter comebacks as with Tom Brady. This year was an up year for Bradford because of the talent that surrounded him, even with the stalling run game, he still did well"

    Part of that can be answered, because:
    the Jets
    the Bills
    the Dolphins

    I can't recall did any of those teams post .500 record? If so it wasn't much above .500

    Second reason:

    The Pats actually have talent..., at OC and DC. How many times have you seen the Pats come into a game where the "I's" and "T's" where not crossed? Sadly for the Rams, you got to wonder, "What the Hell where they thinking..."

    After a Ram loss many fans where thinking, "we got so and so..., we should have...we could have...etc. etc...." I have had to look at a lot of games in yes there where individual failings here and there, there where breakdowns in discipline--that the game of football, it happens. But as a whole I pin the majority of the Ram defeats squarely on the coaching staff which is Jeff Fisher's door step.
    Last edited by Ram Dragoon; -01-01-2014 at 08:58 PM.


  2. #32
    LA Rammer's Avatar
    LA Rammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wilmington, CA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,679
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Jeff Fisher is a moron, apparently.

    Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    =( draft is may this year........for some unknow reason that probably involves money somehow.
    not april?????
    Jeff Fisher is a moron, apparently.-homer_simpson_doh_02.gif
    LA RAMMER

    It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

  3. #33
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,550
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: Jeff Fisher is a moron, apparently.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    If you want to see someone who has "it", just turn your television to ESPN… Johnny Football definitely has it! Even though his team is down big, he's still on the sidelines yelling and pumping up his teammates and he's leaving it all on the field
    #2 - The world is flat.

    #3 - The sun travels around the earth.

    #4 - Walter Mondale can win this!

    #5 - I've got an idea; here, hold my beer.



    .....oh, I'm sorry. I thought we were just saying things that some people believe, but have no bearing in reality whatsoever. Things like a geo-centric system, President Mondale, and the "it" factor.
    gap likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  4. #34
    renrawtruk is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    333
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Jeff Fisher is a moron, apparently.

    The Patriots win because they have a great head coach and Tom Brady has control of the system after this many years and matters less which skills players they plug in the system. (But the upside is huge when they have talented skills players). Also, a solid defense most years, also due more to coaching than talent.

    As for this whole thread, I've always wondered if Fisher has truly been a huge Bradford fan, or if he knew when he got here that the Franchise was tied to Sam Bradford given his salary so the only option is to say "Bradford is my guy". Why would you say anything else other than "I am 100% behind this guy". There is really no other option as we have not had any choice but to play him.

    I think if Fisher drafts a QB in the first 3 rounds this year, which he should, we might see a pretty short leash on Bradford next season.

  5. #35
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,495
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Jeff Fisher is a moron, apparently.

    Quote Originally Posted by renrawtruk View Post
    As for this whole thread, I've always wondered if Fisher has truly been a huge Bradford fan, or if he knew when he got here that the Franchise was tied to Sam Bradford given his salary so the only option is to say "Bradford is my guy". Why would you say anything else other than "I am 100% behind this guy". There is really no other option as we have not had any choice but to play him.
    Actually, he had the option of coaching the Dolphins and picking his own QB.

    I think if Fisher drafts a QB in the first 3 rounds this year, which he should, we might see a pretty short leash on Bradford next season.
    Let's break this down...

    I see virtually no chance that the Rams will take a QB in the first round.

    I highly doubt they'll take a QB in the second round.

    If they take a QB in the 3rd round, it will be to groom him for the future... not to have him compete for Bradford's job in 2014.

  6. #36
    punahou's Avatar
    punahou is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    HAWAII
    Posts
    621
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Jeff Fisher is a moron, apparently.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    "I'm not sure how they keep winning, although most of their games have come down to the last second. Bradford does have great 4th quarter comebacks as with Tom Brady. This year was an up year for Bradford because of the talent that surrounded him, even with the stalling run game, he still did well"

    Part of that can be answered, because:
    the Jets
    the Bills
    the Dolphins

    I can't recall did any of those teams post .500 record? If so it wasn't much above .500

    Second reason:

    The Pats actually have talent..., at OC and DC. How many times have you seen the Pats come into a game where the "I's" and "T's" where not crossed? Sadly for the Rams, you got to wonder, "What the Hell where they thinking..."

    After a Ram loss many fans where thinking, "we got so and so..., we should have...we could have...etc. etc...." I have had to look at a lot of games in yes there where individual failings here and there, there where breakdowns in discipline--that the game of football, it happens. But as a whole I pin the majority of the Ram defeats squarely on the coaching staff which is Jeff Fisher's door step.
    Its funny that this is said, as that OC couldnt do anything with our guys.
    live4ramin likes this.

  7. #37
    gap's Avatar
    gap
    gap is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,229
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Jeff Fisher is a moron, apparently.

    Quote Originally Posted by renrawtruk View Post
    The Patriots win because they usually have one of the easiest schedules in the league (including toughest matches on home turf) and the guys in stripe are on the cheatriots payroll.
    I fixed that reasoning for you.

    I doubt the RAMS will ever have the type of support required to win the way the cheatroits win.


    gap
    .

  8. #38
    macrammer's Avatar
    macrammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Cal
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,953
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Jeff Fisher is a moron, apparently.

    All sarcasm aside......Claiming Sam would have led the Rams to a winning record is purely conjecture since he was not around to do so. The fact of the matter is the Rams still are looking for a winning record. In four years, Sam has been injured in two. Yes, good to see that Sam was starting to rev up when he got hurt. Bad news....he got hurt. Again. Hopefully he goes on to play many injury free years.

    One thing I saw this past year was a team that is ready to WIN. And the good news, it would appear our QB need not be Payton to do so. A good steady play with ability to make key plays when required will get us there. Sam can easily fulfill this role. Nothing flashy required....just good consistent play week in and out.
    live4ramin and PARamfan like this.

  9. #39
    Barry Waller is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Alton, Il. USA
    Age
    63
    Posts
    908
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Jeff Fisher is a moron, apparently.

    I don't see that many real sportswriers or analysts going after Fisher, or doubting Bradford for that matter as his QB.

    You are confusing some loud idiotic fans with people who actually understand the game.
    Barry Waller

  10. #40
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,495
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Jeff Fisher is a moron, apparently.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    I don't see that many real sportswriers or analysts going after Fisher, or doubting Bradford for that matter as his QB.

    You are confusing some loud idiotic fans with people who actually understand the game.
    I, quite frankly, don't know what the definition of "real sportswriter" is at this point.

    I can tell you that (aside from the "loud idiotic fans"), just in the last week, I've heard/read comments dismissing, or at least strongly questioning, Bradford's viability as a starting QB from Colin Cowherd and the ESPN Power Ranking Panel (John Clayton, Ashley Fox, Dan Graziano, Jamison Hensley, Mike Sando and Kevin Seifert), just to name a few.

  11. #41
    macrammer's Avatar
    macrammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Cal
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,953
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Jeff Fisher is a moron, apparently.

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I, quite frankly, don't know what the definition of "real sportswriter" is at this point.

    I can tell you that (aside from the "loud idiotic fans"), just in the last week, I've heard/read comments dismissing, or at least strongly questioning, Bradford's viability as a starting QB from Colin Cowherd and the ESPN Power Ranking Panel (John Clayton, Ashley Fox, Dan Graziano, Jamison Hensley, Mike Sando and Kevin Seifert), just to name a few.
    Av,

    These guys are just talking heads.....which is what we have on this day and age. I know you KNOW that. The best way to deal with a talking head is to
    a) ignore
    b) retribution

    As to the latter, next year I predict these same "sportguys" will be singing Sam praises as the Rams enter in to the 2014 playoffs.......
    PARamfan likes this.

  12. #42
    PARamfan's Avatar
    PARamfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    529
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Jeff Fisher is a moron, apparently.

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I, quite frankly, don't know what the definition of "real sportswriter" is at this point.

    I can tell you that (aside from the "loud idiotic fans"), just in the last week, I've heard/read comments dismissing, or at least strongly questioning, Bradford's viability as a starting QB from Colin Cowherd and the ESPN Power Ranking Panel (John Clayton, Ashley Fox, Dan Graziano, Jamison Hensley, Mike Sando and Kevin Seifert), just to name a few.
    You lost me at Colin Cowheard! 'Nuff said!

  13. #43
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,495
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Jeff Fisher is a moron, apparently.

    Quote Originally Posted by PARamfan View Post
    You lost me at Colin Cowheard! 'Nuff said!
    I agree that he's an idiot, but he's an idiot with a national audience.

  14. #44
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,598
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Jeff Fisher is a moron, apparently.

    If the Rams have Bradford on a six-year plan he's right on schedule.

    Problem is, most people think the 1st pick in the draft should be an All Pro by at least his 3rd year.

    So it's no big surprise that people have grown impatient with Sam Bradford. And calling them idiots is besides the point. Whether they're idiots or not, the reality is Sam is behind schedule in most people's eyes.

    Jeff Fisher may have a bit more patience with Sam because this is only his second year with him. The rest of us have been here for all four. So yes, it's time to put up or shut up and understandably so.

    Yes, I fully expect Sam to seize his opportunity, he played well just prior to his injury, but at the same time, I fully expect next year to be his last rookie audition. Not even injury should be able to save him because that will mean he's injury prone in my book.

  15. #45
    berg8309's Avatar
    berg8309 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,897
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Jeff Fisher is a moron, apparently.

    Maybe a good player to look at would be Cam Newton. I choose him because last year, Cam Newton was apparently crud. He was pouty, didn't lead him team, had a bad season offensively, and overall his future as an NFL QB was in question. This year, Newton, according to the media, turned things around. He became a real QB and started leading his team to victory time and time again. I mean, it's evident by going from 7-9 to 12-4 and winning the division right? A quick look at Cam Newton's numbers don't show that kind of change though.

    2012
    In 2012 Cam Newton Completed 280 passes for 3,869 yards, 19 TDs, and 12 INTs for a QB rating of 86.2. He also rushed for 741 yards and 8 TDs.

    The Carolina Panthers as a team had 5,771 yards of total offense/360.7 per game, and scored 357 points/22.3 per game.

    2013
    In 2013, however, Cam Newton blew his 2012 stats away by completing 292 passes for 3,379 yards, 24 TDs and 13 INTs for a QB rating 88.8. He also rushed for 585 yards and 6 TDs.

    The Carolina Panthers as a team had 5,069 yards of total offense/316.8 per game, and scored 366 points/22.9 per game.

    Offensively, the Panthers weren't a much different team than the year before when they won 5 less games. They gained more yards in 2012, and scored basically the same number of points per game. I don't think I have to tell anyone that defense was the real difference, not Cam Newton. Now, I know the Carolina defense gets a lot of hype and credit, and it's not all given to Cam. But he has certainly received much more praise than last year despite having a practically identical year. At least that I've seen. (Mainly from phrases like this "Through the moping and high throws, the bad news conferences and maturity questions, Newton, at 24, has emerged as a top quarterback and a leader of men.")

    The point of all this is to show that the perception of a QB is really about the team around him. One QB with almost identical stats from one year to the next has an entirely different perception because of his team's record. (Among a couple of other things I am aware) Newton didn't change that much, except for he stopped being as pouty and showy on the sidelines, but the defense was suddenly dominant.

    Carolina did have a good defense in 2012, but it gave up 5329 yards and 363 points. The Carolina defense in 2013 only gave up 4,888 yards and 241 points! That is a pretty insane point differential. And that is the real reason Carolina is 12-4, and Cam Newton looks like a stud again.

    If Bradford had his 2012 stats for a team that won 12 games, no one would be talking about replacing him. They may not talk about him as an elite QB, but he certainly wouldn't be the "problem". But because his team was 7-9, that makes it Bradford's fault to some.

    Personally, when I watch Bradford, I like what I see for the most part. What I don't like is how he gets frustrated when receivers have a few drops, and his throws become off target. I suppose every QB gets frustrated, but you have to keep nailing them in the hands, even if they can't catch it.

    Is Bradford the answer? Maybe with a better defense, yes. Our offense wasn't that far behind Carolina's despite losing our QB for more than half the year. This team can win with Bradford, we just need the defense to step up more consistently as well, and I think Fisher knows that.
    live4ramin likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Jeff Fisher
    By NJ Ramsfan1 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -11-12-2012, 04:34 PM
  2. Q&A With Jeff Fisher
    By Rambos in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -06-02-2012, 04:21 PM
  3. Jeff fisher?
    By laram0 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: -04-05-2012, 12:57 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -01-17-2012, 09:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •