Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Jeff Fisher and the whole titans squad

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    Ya spags looked disgusted. He wasn't even looking when Jeff shook his hand, and walked away immediately.
    he should be disgusted but jeff fisher is the last person he should be disgusted with. take a look at your team and then take a look in the mirror.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

If this were a matter of scoring on big plays or something I would agree that it's up to the defense to stop them and it's not really a matter of running up the score. When you go for the fourth down touch down late in the 4th against a team that obviously can't score enough points to catch up...that's an entirely different matter. *That* is running up the score.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I don't mind teams scoring if they can score. This is football and everyone is getting paid good money to compete. However going for it twice on 4th down when you are up by 30 is a little disrespectful.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

The Super Bowl was a decade ago with very few left from it on either side. That was not a factor.

Once we went for it on a fake punt and challenged that long reception later on in the game, Spags effectively told Fisher to "bring it" for the rest of the game. We should consider it brought.

Ultimately, if you want mercy, you yourself need to stop playing 100%.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    The Super Bowl was a decade ago with very few left from it on either side. That was not a factor.

Once we went for it on a fake punt and challenged that long reception later on in the game, Spags effectively told Fisher to "bring it" for the rest of the game. We should consider it brought.

Why should you stop playing at 100%, you are the one down by an enormous amount. Why shouldnt they people who are obviously gonna win the game just slack up a little bit against a team that is obviously inferior and has no chance of winning by that point in time. I dont understand how Jeff fisher being a douche is spags fault.

coolguy67 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post

This. Some homers kill me.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

did anyone mind when the GSOT put up alot of points in games when they could have pulled back ?

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    did anyone mind when the GSOT put up alot of points in games when they could have pulled back ?
    Started watching football, and the rams in 2005, so i wouldn't know. But yes i would be equally upset if the rams ran up the score like that.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Switching positions in this particular game (I'm not going back in time to speculate on games I barely remember) I would be less furious (because I and my team wouldn't be the ones being insulted) but I would still think it was the wrong thing to do and would be dissappointed.

ramhomer is offline Registered User

Why should you stop playing at 100%, you are the one down by an enormous amount. Why shouldnt they people who are obviously gonna win the game just slack up a little bit against a team that is obviously inferior and has no chance of winning by that point in time. I dont understand how Jeff fisher being a douche is spags fault.
    If only our head coach could be such a DOUCHE. This is the NFL not some rec league.Players make money and players have bonuses based on yds,tds,ints,etc. The Rams ARE the worst team in the league and maybe a few more ass wuppins will wake a few players up who are out there searching for their paystub and not going all out.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Here's a thought, prepare your team to play better and maybe they won't be in the position of getting blown out of a game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

If I was a pro player, that would get a bonus for every yard I win , I don't care if we are winning 6-3 or 40-0 I would still win every yard so I can get my bonus.
    Plus, I know it's been a long time, but don't forget that when Warner, Faulk and company started their engines they never stopped. Even when Jeff Wilkins got hurt we went for 2PT after every TD... and we got it. Ask the vikings in the playoffs.

Hopefully, next year we'll play again, and we'll beat them 44-3, that's up to us, not fisher and team

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

If we are going to keep trying to win (ie play 100%, fake punt, challenge plays), Tennessee is within their rights to do whatever it takes to prevent it, including scoring at will on the Rams.

Note the USC-UCLA game this year. The Trojans were trying to kneel and run out the clock up by 14, but UCLA called a seemingly pointless time out with under a minute left so they could get the ball back. USC then drops a bomb to go up by 21. Essentially, if you challenge another team in the manner that Spags did in the midst of a blowout, you are implicitly saying that we are prepared to stop you and that you should do your worst.

Again, if you want mercy or Tennesse to "lay off" you need to stop doing your best to take the game from them.

eldfan is offline Registered User

He got his butt kick early in the year 59-0 so I guess he want to do some butt kicking today. I would have not done it if I was a HC but these guys are pros so we should have done something about it on the field. Play hard hit hard every yard should have been painful to them and they probably would have taken there starters off the field.
    :ramlogo:

andylopez105 is offline Registered User

Im new to the forum, but have been a Rams fan for many years now and all I have to say is that the nfl breaks the core values and rules of sportsmanship. That score and that game was entirely unnecessary. Going for it on 4th and 2 and running up the score. It comes back to bite them like last year when they lost johnson in game one of the playoffs. They should take out the starters and sit on the victory. Not be royal douche bags. Although maybe the Titans organization is still bitter over our Super Bowl victory. Maybe Fischer was venting his anger right at Incognito who has clearly been a cancer to the team

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast