Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 90
  1. #46
    Eddyc85 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Jeff Fisher and the whole titans squad

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonTexan80 View Post
    The tacks are a lot worst than the Texans this year. I know the Texans will finish with the better record than Tennessee. I look forward to the Titans losing this week.
    Yea yea yea. While your at it tell everyone how good of a team you guys will be next year. You guys have only made that claim for about 3 years straight now. But hey maybe next year will be your year...


  2. #47
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,648
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Jeff Fisher and the whole titans squad

    If you dont want the other team to score points, you have to stop them

    Now im not saying this is Spags fault for not having the team prepared, because quite frankly the team is severely lacking in talent and injuries have ravaged the team aswell

    But the combination of injuries and lack of talent meant that it was no surprise that the Titans put up a lot of points on us. The thing is, if they had used Chris Johnson like they could have, and if Vince Young stayed in the game, it could have been a lot worse.

    We were lucky to even get a score today, thats how bad we are right now.

  3. #48
    chiguy's Avatar
    chiguy is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,134
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Jeff Fisher and the whole titans squad

    Quote Originally Posted by GolfnRAMFAN View Post
    IMO, I have no problem with running the score up. This is pro football, and everybody on both sides are paid to do their job. I have a different perspective in college, but these guys are making more than most people on this board combined. Maybe we should just stop them...
    I have no problem with the Titans running up the score. But, calling a time out to gripe about a call when your star running back gets hit after you're thirty points is pretty classless. (Its also pretty stupid to keep your back in there, but that's a different thread.) Going for it on fourth down...is pretty classless. In college, when teams run up the score they do it by playing their regular players, running their offense, and trying some new things. That's not what the Titans did yesterday.

    By the way, Spags showed a lot of restraint in response. How easy would it have been to send Richie back in there and say, "Take one of them out"? I can't say I wouldn't have been tempted, but I'm a hot head. Good for our coach.

  4. #49
    mtah6245 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Jeff Fisher and the whole titans squad

    Fans get a clue, this is big boy ball. This is not your local pee wee league. The Rams players on the field Sunday was selected and place on the roster by spags and/or the rams organization. The Titans had no obligation to the Rams not to score as much and as often as possible. It was up to the Rams Sunday to stop the Titans from scoring not the Titans to stop themselves. In order to do something about losing and losing bad it is up to the Rams to go out in free agency and the 2010 draft to replace most of the players on this team roster with better players.
    Last edited by mtah6245; -12-14-2009 at 09:10 AM.

  5. #50
    Trevor's Avatar
    Trevor is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vicenza, Italy From Hagerstown, MD
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,289
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Jeff Fisher and the whole titans squad

    reminds me of the time belicheat ran up the score against redskins... I think it was the redskins.

  6. #51
    makersncoke's Avatar
    makersncoke is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    mo
    Age
    46
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Jeff Fisher and the whole titans squad

    Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    If you dont want the other team to score points, you have to stop them

    Now im not saying this is Spags fault for not having the team prepared, because quite frankly the team is severely lacking in talent and injuries have ravaged the team aswell

    But the combination of injuries and lack of talent meant that it was no surprise that the Titans put up a lot of points on us. The thing is, if they had used Chris Johnson like they could have, and if Vince Young stayed in the game, it could have been a lot worse.

    We were lucky to even get a score today, thats how bad we are right now.
    I'm going to dissagree with something you said here friend, I agree totally that if you don't want someone to score then you have to stop them. But I do think Spags has to bear most of the blame here. I do not think the talent level on this team is that far below what the Titans had. Remember the Titans started the season 0-6. I think Spags has to get these guys to play better, more disciplined football. That's what bothers me the most is this team does stupid thing after stupid thing and I'm not just talking about Cogs, his penalties where backbreakers for sure but so are holding penalties also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #52
    txramsfan's Avatar
    txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Poplar Bluff, MO
    Age
    50
    Posts
    7,266
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Jeff Fisher and the whole titans squad

    There is nothing wrong with what the Titans did. Absolutely nothing. I hope this was a wake up call to Spags that playing hard and having good practices (so you say Spags) doesn't necessarily equate to Wins on Sunday. How you play on Sunday matters. The Rams are terrible, we all know that. However, are they that terrible? Apparently so.

  8. #53
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: Jeff Fisher and the whole titans squad

    Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    There is nothing wrong with what the Titans did. Absolutely nothing. I hope this was a wake up call to Spags that playing hard and having good practices (so you say Spags) doesn't necessarily equate to Wins on Sunday. How you play on Sunday matters. The Rams are terrible, we all know that. However, are they that terrible? Apparently so.

    Abso-freakin-lutely ....

    But me and you, and others like us, see it differently than other people. Spags can be upset, fans can be upset, blah blah blah ...

    But there was a 4th and 3 when Fisher could have kicked a FG. Instead, he gave the Rams an opportunity to keep points off the board - they failed ...

    There was a 4th down on the Rams 1 if I recall correctly. He could have kicked another FG, technically running up the score. He gave the Rams another opportunity to keep points off the board - they failed ...

    The last INT that got ran back for a TD. The DB was not even running full speed, but then he realized he could walk in, so he did ...

    What's the problem people?

    Maybe you should be frying Incognito and our DB's, and our coaching schemes instead of worrying about the Titans and Fisher ...

  9. #54
    Ramblin` Ram's Avatar
    Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Nation of Rams
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,401
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: Jeff Fisher and the whole titans squad

    in Pro Sports i have no problem with running up the score...its not nice when you on the losing end of it..but its up to our own players to stop that from happening to us..not the opposing HC.

  10. #55
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,542
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: Jeff Fisher and the whole titans squad

    Playing another team your best game is not disrespectful. Quite the opposite actually. Had Fisher pulled his team off the field and direct snapped to Alvin Pearman all day, that would have been disrespectful.

    I'm all for every opponent giving everything they got on every play. I want to see which Rams are willing and able to step up to the challenge and which ones are just collecting a paycheck. If the Titans, or whomever, pull off the throttle, we have no way to distinguish who is ready to face adversity and who isn't.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  11. #56
    Ahmedrams81's Avatar
    Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Posts
    642
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Jeff Fisher and the whole titans squad

    I think becuase the Patsies beatdown on TEN forced them to do this to us lol. I think they're trying to redeem themselves. I'm not saying it's a good idea to run up the score, but I think I know why they did it.

  12. #57
    81~BIG-GAME's Avatar
    81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Belfast,Northern Ireland
    Age
    30
    Posts
    595
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Jeff Fisher and the whole titans squad

    This team got what they deserved, a humiliation!!

  13. #58
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,999
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Jeff Fisher and the whole titans squad

    Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    did anyone mind when the GSOT put up alot of points in games when they could have pulled back ?
    The GSOT put up points on big plays and a lot of their blowouts did not happen because they went for it on fourth down when up by thrity points from the 2 yard line. As a matter of fact one of our blowouts vs the whiners when Marts was coach I specifically remember wanting us to run up the score because i hated the whiners. We were on the one yard line and Mike Martz even kneeled tha ball, and the crowd was cheering for him to go for it. It is about respect, and all this then stop them crap is b.s. There is absolutely no reason to go for it on fourth down from inside the 5 when your up 30. It would have been funny if one of their starters had gotten hurt for being in the game when it was completely out of hand. Jackson hurt his quad when the Rams were up big and thats usually how karma works. Respect goes a long way in this league and I'm sure Spags will remember that in the back of his head when the tides have turned. That is just something professional teams rarely do. Spags knows his team isnt very good but they were good enough to stop them on 3 downs inside the five. That is stopping them, but for Fisher to then make the decision to pile on is one of the most CLASSLESS Bellichek type moves i've seen in recent years.
    Just Fix It

  14. #59
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: Jeff Fisher and the whole titans squad

    Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    The GSOT put up points on big plays and a lot of their blowouts did not happen because they went for it on fourth down when up by thrity points from the 2 yard line. As a matter of fact one of our blowouts vs the whiners when Marts was coach I specifically remember wanting us to run up the score because i hated the whiners. We were on the one yard line and Mike Martz even kneeled tha ball, and the crowd was cheering for him to go for it. It is about respect, and all this then stop them crap is b.s. There is absolutely no reason to go for it on fourth down from inside the 5 when your up 30. It would have been funny if one of their starters had gotten hurt for being in the game when it was completely out of hand. Jackson hurt his quad when the Rams were up big and thats usually how karma works. Respect goes a long way in this league and I'm sure Spags will remember that in the back of his head when the tides have turned. That is just something professional teams rarely do. Spags knows his team isnt very good but they were good enough to stop them on 3 downs inside the five. That is stopping them, but for Fisher to then make the decision to pile on is one of the most CLASSLESS Bellichek type moves i've seen in recent years.
    Conversely opponents kept the red flags in the pocket and didn't fake punt in those situations either.

    If you don't want the bomb dropped on you, don't do "cute" stuff like that in a blowout.

  15. #60
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,999
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Jeff Fisher and the whole titans squad

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Conversely opponents kept the red flags in the pocket and didn't fake punt in those situations either.

    If you don't want the bomb dropped on you, don't do "cute" stuff like that in a blowout.
    Your absolutely sure about that? Your sure no one ever ran a gadget play or challenged a play when the GSOT was up big I highly doubt that.

    So your saying because Spags ran a fake punt and challenged a questionable catch that he deserved it? I'm glad he did those things it shows he doesnt give up. However on 4th down Fisher should have just kicked the field goal. It was 33-0 i didnt think anything the Rams did was cute. I saw a coach who wanted to see his team get down and be able to score some points. It's an unwritten rule if your up 30 points you dont go for it on fourth down inside the 5 late in the fourth qtr.
    Just Fix It

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •