Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Jeff Fisher and the whole titans squad

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Your absolutely sure about that? Your sure no one ever ran a gadget play or challenged a play when the GSOT was up big I highly doubt that.

So your saying because Spags ran a fake punt and challenged a questionable catch that he deserved it? I'm glad he did those things it shows he doesnt give up. However on 4th down Fisher should have just kicked the field goal. It was 33-0 i didnt think anything the Rams did was cute. I saw a coach who wanted to see his team get down and be able to score some points. It's an unwritten rule if your up 30 points you dont go for it on fourth down inside the 5 late in the fourth qtr.
    When you do those things you are signalling to the opposing coach that you are not ready to stop playing, and therefore are prepared to stop anything in theory. To expect otherwise is to expect to have your cake and eat it too. Jeff Fisher obliged us by doing "anything". Hopefully Spagnuolo learned a valuable lesson today about what to do late in blowouts. Especially blowouts that he is treating as de facto exhibition games.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    When you do those things you are signalling to the opposing coach that you are not ready to stop playing, and therefore are prepared to stop anything in theory. To expect otherwise is to expect to have your cake and eat it too. Jeff Fisher obliged us by doing "anything". Hopefully Spagnuolo learned a valuable lesson today about what to do late in blowouts. Especially blowouts that he is treating as de facto exhibition games.
    That is rediculous, why would you stop playing down 30? I dont think Spags was asking Fisher to quit playing. Kick the dang field goal on fourth down. The score would have been 36-7 instead of 40 and rubbing it their faces. I guess Spags deserved it for not telling his guys hey lets quit so Fisher will quit going for it on 4th down. The int for a td doesnt bother me they throw you a ball you run it in, thats fine. I'm sure even Fisher knew at the end of the game why he got the cold shake at the end. Whether you like it or not is is an unwritten rule to not do that to opposing teams when the game is over. I on the other hand was completely unaware of the unwritten rule to not try gadget plays or challenge questionable call when your getting your arse kicked, your just supposed to quit. Fisher should have kicked the field goal but instead he took the classless path and went for it. But hey we kicked his ass in the Superbowl so I guess we deserved it.
    Just Fix It

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    These people showed absolutely no class today, I was really up set with the Titans organization. I can understand having first team offense in for the first 30 points, you want to build up a big lead so the other team cant come back. But going for 17 more points after that is completely unacceptable. You would think a coach who suffered through his own 59-0 lopsided loss would show a little more compassions for a team that obviously was no match for his. I'm thoroughly sick with this man. I completely understand the perspective of, if you want us to stop scoring, stop us. But at some point you put in backups and make us stop them.

And it isnt just the coach, the last two null interceptions were run back as far as they could be, one for a touchdown. I dont care who you are if you are up by 30-40 points you take a knee when you get an interception.

I generally hate very few teams in the NFL, Seahawks and Patriots were the only one before today. You can chalk another team up on my *%@& list.
    This post makes you sound like a Whiner! This is the regular season and the titans are in a fight for the playoffs. Perhaps you need to check out the tiebreaking procedures. Several are based on points.

The titans did nothing dirty. Please take your beating like a grown fan!

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

That is rediculous, why would you stop playing down 30? I dont think Spags was asking Fisher to quit playing. Kick the dang field goal on fourth down. The score would have been 36-7 instead of 40 and rubbing it their faces. I guess Spags deserved it for not telling his guys hey lets quit so Fisher will quit going for it on 4th down. The int for a td doesnt bother me they throw you a ball you run it in, thats fine. I'm sure even Fisher knew at the end of the game why he got the cold shake at the end. Whether you like it or not is is an unwritten rule to not do that to opposing teams when the game is over. I on the other hand was completely unaware of the unwritten rule to not try gadget plays or challenge questionable call when your getting your arse kicked, your just supposed to quit. Fisher should have kicked the field goal but instead he took the classless path and went for it. But hey we kicked his ass in the Superbowl so I guess we deserved it.
    While I frequently agree with you, I have to disagree here ...

I don't think Fisher was malicious here. Even Spags said in his press conference that you'll got to stop them there ...

One defensive stop and it's still 33, not 36, or 40 ....

Those types of challenges from opposing teams are crucial to the development of a young squad, and while Spags may have been pizzed at the time, I am sure looking back on it, he will not be ....

Had we stopped them there it would have done wonders for our confidence. Not stopping them probably motivated the players to knock some heads, and it showed in a couple of the guys ...

Psychop1 is offline Registered User

Titans' fan here.

Unbelievable. Fisher was running up the score?

Anyone else notice Titan's QB Vince Young was injured? Fisher may have Collins under center for the next few weeks. The Titans have a very very slight chance at playoffs. Fisher simply didn't want to see his offense having to settle for field goals. Leading up to the fourth down try, the Titans settled for two or three field goals in a row.

Bipolar The Titan is offline Registered User

Hello all. Haven't visited in some time.. great site. (as always)

I only had a few minutes to look at this thread. It was shown to me on another mb. I didn't look at it long honestly, but I just have a question...

awww... screw it...

just review this link for me...

2001 St. Louis Rams Statistics & Players | Pro-Football-Reference.com

seriously? Compassion?

C'mon MAN!

These people showed absolutely no class today, I was really up set with the Titans organization. I can understand having first team offense in for the first 30 points, you want to build up a big lead so the other team cant come back. But going for 17 more points after that is completely unacceptable. You would think a coach who suffered through his own 59-0 lopsided loss would show a little more compassions for a team that obviously was no match for his. I'm thoroughly sick with this man. I completely understand the perspective of, if you want us to stop scoring, stop us. But at some point you put in backups and make us stop them.

And it isnt just the coach, the last two null interceptions were run back as far as they could be, one for a touchdown. I dont care who you are if you are up by 30-40 points you take a knee when you get an interception.

I generally hate very few teams in the NFL, Seahawks and Patriots were the only one before today. You can chalk another team up on my *%@& list.

seriously! How many teams were just blown away by the "greatest show on turf" over those years?

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
    seriously! How many teams were just blown away by the "greatest show on turf" over those years?
    I wouldnt know

Started watching football, and the rams in 2005, so i wouldn't know. But yes i would be equally upset if the rams ran up the score like that.

Kick the dang field goal on fourth down. The score would have been 36-7 instead of 40 and rubbing it their faces. I guess Spags deserved it for not telling his guys hey lets quit so Fisher will quit going for it on 4th down.
    fg? why? nothing to lose but possession if that short kick was missed... It could be blocked and returned for a TD...

what worse, do you have any idea how many rz visits the Titans have had that DID NOT end in a td, but rather a turnover or FG?

The Titans actually have something to play for right now. It's long odds but at least they have odds. There is something to be said for the confidence that can be built executing live.

Seriously. Am I wrong?
    Last edited by Bipolar The Titan; -12-14-2009 at 02:34 PM.

Eddyc85 is offline Registered User

The GSOT put up points on big plays and a lot of their blowouts did not happen because they went for it on fourth down when up by thrity points from the 2 yard line. As a matter of fact one of our blowouts vs the whiners when Marts was coach I specifically remember wanting us to run up the score because i hated the whiners. We were on the one yard line and Mike Martz even kneeled tha ball, and the crowd was cheering for him to go for it. It is about respect, and all this then stop them crap is b.s. There is absolutely no reason to go for it on fourth down from inside the 5 when your up 30. It would have been funny if one of their starters had gotten hurt for being in the game when it was completely out of hand. Jackson hurt his quad when the Rams were up big and thats usually how karma works. Respect goes a long way in this league and I'm sure Spags will remember that in the back of his head when the tides have turned. That is just something professional teams rarely do. Spags knows his team isnt very good but they were good enough to stop them on 3 downs inside the five. That is stopping them, but for Fisher to then make the decision to pile on is one of the most CLASSLESS Bellichek type moves i've seen in recent years.
    Just because we go for it doesn't mean we will get it. If the Rams had stopped us maybe we don't get a TD much less a FG. Don't blame our team for your own teams deficiencies.

I wouldnt know
    well, I posted the record book. There's a handful on that page and more in other seasons. It's right there.

hey Eddy, Psychop1...
    Fancy seeing you here. Be good please. These people fight enough amongst themselves. Lets not go pouring salt in the wound.

when was the last time Fisher ran the score up on anyone? I mean, seriously.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Could the Titans fans please invade the Post Dispatch boards instead? You're not helping advance the cause of reason among the paranoid.

For the last time, its not about the Super Bowl. Outside of some low level staffers, Little is the ONLY figure left from the 99 team in the entire organization. There is no reason for revenge.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    This is one funny thread ...

Nobody ran up the score in this game, plain and simple ...

We lost 47 to 7 because we are a bad team ...

GET OVER IT ...

Ohhhhhhhh, Spags was upset. Boohoo. Maybe he should focus on doing a better job coaching rather than worrying about Jeff Fisher "running up the score", and maybe then we wouldn't get whipped like that ....

Just think about what you are saying when you complain about Fisher going for it on 4th and 3. All we had to do was STOP THEM ...

This post sums it up. This debate just makes the Ram fans look like whiners. Take the beat down we received and let's move on. Any talk of this so called pile on is fruitless and does nothing on helping the team to fix what is wrong. Spag's, do not like getting you butt handed to you? Fix the problem.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast