Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Bipolar The Titan is offline Registered User

Re: Jeff Fisher and the whole titans squad

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    I didnt say they should just kneel every play after they are up 40 points. But not having the first team offense in after you are already up by 40 points. Consistently going for the td by throwing long pass plays. Going for it numerous times on 4th down while you are up by 40 points. How is that playing the game and not being a dbag?
    don't you realize our starting qb went down? Wouldn't you use all the live time you could to shake the rust off your #2 in case you have to play him the next week? Collins needed work.
    Last edited by Bipolar The Titan; -12-14-2009 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alec22 View Post
    i was upset with the 26-0 lead and going for it on 4th and 3 from the rams 20. Just take your 29-0 lead.
    Have you even kicked a cold and wet football in heavy air against the wind? We know we have a good kicker. In that situation the Titans could afford to turn it over on downs. 37 yarder isn't automatic in that weather. Plus, like I said earlier, the Titans have a history of sloppy play this year. They needed to practice being clutch.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
    Hello all. Haven't visited in some time.. great site. (as always)

I only had a few minutes to look at this thread. It was shown to me on another mb. I didn't look at it long honestly, but I just have a question...

awww... screw it...

just review this link for me...

2001 St. Louis Rams Statistics & Players | Pro-Football-Reference.com

seriously? Compassion?

C'mon MAN!
    Its not the final score is anyone paying attention? How many times did you see the Rams up by 30 go for it on 4th and goal to make the score 37? The only actual good explanation so far is that Collins was in and may have to be in for a few weeks. If that is really the case than it's kind of understandable. However if that was the case and you wanted Collins to get some work what the hell were they doing running the ball on the first 3 plays? Im sure he didnt need work handing the ball off. In my opinion it was CLASSLESS.
    Just Fix It

Quote Originally Posted by NY RAMFAN View Post
    Hopefully, next year we'll play again, and we'll beat them 44-3, that's up to us, not fisher and team
    Barring a Super Bowl rematch the Rams and Titans will not meet again until 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Its not the final score is anyone paying attention? How many times did you see the Rams up by 30 go for it on 4th and goal to make the score 37? The only actual good explanation so far is that Collins was in and may have to be in for a few weeks. If that is really the case than it's kind of understandable. However if that was the case and you wanted Collins to get some work what the hell were they doing running the ball on the first 3 plays? Im sure he didnt need work handing the ball off. In my opinion it was CLASSLESS.
    this entire thread is class deficient if you ask me.

where's the dignity?

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    While I frequently agree with you, I have to disagree here ...

I don't think Fisher was malicious here. Even Spags said in his press conference that you'll got to stop them there ...

One defensive stop and it's still 33, not 36, or 40 ....

Those types of challenges from opposing teams are crucial to the development of a young squad, and while Spags may have been pizzed at the time, I am sure looking back on it, he will not be ....

Had we stopped them there it would have done wonders for our confidence. Not stopping them probably motivated the players to knock some heads, and it showed in a couple of the guys ...
    Its not really the final score that bothers me. The fact that it was just not neccessary to go for it on fourth down. Sure we could have stopped them but there was also a penalty on that play so if we had it would have been 1st and goal again. In my opinion you show some class and kick the fg, it's not like the Rams were coming back. I thought the Rams did show some heart by stuffing Johnson 3 times in a row to get them to 4th down. I'm sure that this situation really helped out the Titans and their growth of young players though, very classy. The Rams GSOT team had been in that situation before and showed some mercy even to the hated Niners. At that time I wanted the Rams to punch it in but guess what kneeling the ball was the right and classy thing to do by Martz. I was not a big Martz fan either, but he did the right thing just like many NFL coaches usually do around the league.
    Just Fix It

also, if you want mercy then why the fake punt? The Rams coach basically said "don't you dare call off the dogs" with that...

what about that?

However if that was the case and you wanted Collins to get some work what the hell were they doing running the ball on the first 3 plays?
    If you had the leagues best running back chasing the single season rushing record playing a turkey at home, wouldn't you?

this entire thread is class deficient if you ask me.

where's the dignity?
    Then go back to your board, i dont find it classless at all, wonder how your board looked after the drubbing New England gave you guys. I also wonder if it was 52-0 and Bellichek had a 4th and goal late in the fourth and went for it how you guys would have felt???
    Just Fix It

also, if you want mercy then why the fake punt? The Rams coach basically said "don't you dare call off the dogs" with that...

what about that?
    Oh so the Rams were just supposed to quit, hell Fisher should have appreciated the fake punt since you guys "still have a shot" that was great practice for the Titans. Show you guys have something to work on. The tides will turn my friend and I hope since this kind of thing doesnt bother you that you shouldnt cry when it happens to your team.
    Just Fix It

Quote Originally Posted by Eddyc85 View Post
    I sat through the 59-0 beatdown the Pats gave us (which was much uglier than today's game) and as much as I hate the Patriots I saw nothing wrong with what they did. If we can't stop them than we deserved to get crushed like that.
    for real... after a while I just laughed at how bad it was. I was just thankful they had a whole bye week to think about it... then what happened? They ripped off 5 straight... That's football. If you can't win you get beaten.

It's not like I don't know what it feels like.

Our loss was a greater point differential plus we were BAGELED! I'm not going to call Bill Belichick classless because his team kicked the Titans ass again. I'll call him classless because he broke rules, shoves media types, and cheated on his wife a mistress he isn't even faithful too.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Who came up with the "running up the score" phrase anyway?

All NFL teams prepare for their upcoming opponent the week prior.

Some teams prepare better than others.

Maybe just maybe this is the wake-up call that SPAGS needed?

There's no crying in football, period.

If the shoe was on our foot I would have wanted to keep the pedal to the floor!

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Oh so the Rams were just supposed to quit, hell Fisher should have appreciated the fake punt since you guys "still have a shot" that was great practice for the Titans. Show you guys have something to work on. The tides will turn my friend and I hope since this kind of thing doesnt bother you that you shouldnt cry when it happens to your team.
    you are BITTER.

Rams were supposed to do what they did and play football. Your punter could have hit a knuckler that could have been fumbled away. Special teams is problematic with the Titans. I have not criticism for your coaches decision to fake but to make that fake, as pointed out by Ram fans, right here, in this thread, is to cry NO QUARTER! It's a "blaze of glory" kind of move.

Also, let me clarify the Titans are hardly in the drivers seat in the AFC. They are in standing room only for the line to the area where those on the outside looking in are permitted to stand. In other words, they are not so much "alive" as they are not mathematically eliminated.

Also, please. Refrain from sounding stupid with words like "shouldnt cry when it happens to your team". Seriously? I just wrote a post about New England beating the Titans like a drum to the tune of 59-0.
    Last edited by Bipolar The Titan; -12-14-2009 at 03:19 PM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Okay, I think this thread has served its purpose. Some people are okay with what happened; some aren't. But this thread is starting a walk down Smack Avenue, so let's just wrap it up for now.

Welcome aboard to all our new Nashville friends.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

you are BITTER.

Rams were supposed to do what they did and play football. Your punter could have hit a knuckler that could have been fumbled away. Special teams is problematic with the Titans. I have not criticism for your coaches decision to fake but to make that fake, as pointed out by Ram fans, right here, in this thread, is to cry NO QUARTER! It's a "blaze of glory" kind of move.

Also, let me clarify the Titans are hardly in the drivers seat in the AFC. They are in standing room only for the line to the area where those on the outside are looking in. In other words, they are not so much "alive" as they are no mathematically eliminated.

Also, please. Refrain from sounding stupid with words like "shouldnt cry when it happens to your team". Seriously? I just wrote a post about New England beating the Titans like a drum to the tune of 59-0.
    Look if you want to come here and have conversations thats fine but calling me stupid is crossing the line. I am not bitter and just have an opinion that is opposite of yours. I have not personally attacked you in any way. Feel free to find your way back to the Titans board and you can call people stupid there but it's not welcomed here.
    Just Fix It

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456