Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Smile Jenkins + Jin = Victory

I'm thinking the Panthers won't take anything less then a 2nd rounder for Jenkins and rightfully so. This player is a risk that we should be willing to take. Put it thas way, Pace has been injured the last couple of years. And last year he was out for half the season. If he was 27 years old , would you trade him for a 3rd rounder? I don't think so. I don't see us loosing a solid 2nd rounder, but gaining a pro bowl caliber guy in Jenkins. Thats the only way we should look at it.

In 05, we drafted Incognito but he was unavailable for the entire year.We never even saw this guy perform in the pro level, but he was still drafted. Now If thats not a risk, then i don't know what is. And was'nt he our 3rd pick in the draft that year?

If we get Jin in the 1st That would be a definate improvement with ST. People don't really think he's a need but when was the last time we saw our return guy in the other teams end zone?...He is a need!!

Jin in the 1st, and Jenkins for a 2nd rounder, thats like 2 big time 1st rounders. Or 2 big time injuried players. Whatever, take the risk, live off the edge. Those are the only 2 spots that concern me right now.

If we add those two guys with the talent we have now, there's no doubt in my mind we'll be singing the victory song more often this year....RAAAAMS BABY!!!

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Re: Jenkins + Jin = Victory

First of all Pace is not 27.

Secondly, if we're drafting players from college, we have never seen any of them perform at the pro level.

And finally the name is Ginn not Jin.

general counsel is offline Registered User

a return guy would certainly improve our team. Is it a need? Sure. But its not a need worthy of addressing with the 13th pick when we have bigger needs on defense. Defense is 50% of the plays. Improving our defense is going to impact our liklihood of wins more than a return guy.

If we are so convinced that the return game is critical, reevis is a better choice because he is a potential starting corner who will not only return but also play defense on special teams.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

itsguud is offline Registered User

See, there it goes someone makes a guud suggestion like get Jenkins and Ginn and then eveyone throws it away again. I love the idea... hope it happens.

Krames41 Guest

If the Rams waste a number one draft pick on a reciever, it's going to be one of the worst picks ever. It will be like when we drafted Trung Candidate when we had Marshall Faulk. We hurt way to bad in defensive areas such as pass rush, and rush defense. I don't mind trading a two for Jenkins but we can probably draft a tackle with more of an upside, have him longer, and be less of a risk.

just curious how anyone thinks that a tackle we draft is less of a risk than jenkins? Anyone we draft has a risk of getting hurt, but more importantly, there is the risk that the player doesnt turn into what you think he will. At least we know for sure that jenkins can play. I dont know why anyone would think that the odds are very high at all of us being able to draft a player at defensive tackle as good as jenkins, let alone trying to do so in the middle or later rounds. Everyone needs to remember that defensive tackles take time to develop, whatever you draft today at that position is highly unlikely to help the rams against the run now.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Rambos is offline Registered User

We have to draft D, we are loaded on the O. Loaded I tell you. Even if we get Jenkins we have to take the best D player on the board. I agree they all have a risk factor. But the need is to high on the D to take a KR and or Punt return guy. IMO

smizzhfx Guest

thought you were talking about this guy:

Smizz, the picture you posted is of the guy that ran a 4.21 in the 40 and had a great short shuttle time. However, i think he only weighs 135 and thus, isnt much of a prospect.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    First of all Pace is not 27.

Secondly, if we're drafting players from college, we have never seen any of them perform at the pro level.

And finally the name is Ginn not Jin.
    Thanks for the lesson Fortun-Genius. I was merely mentioning the fact that Cogs was much more of a risk as an unproven 3rd rounder who missed a year, than giving up an early pick for a proven pro bowler who is available to play for the year. And i know pace isnt 27, you just totally missed the point.

jim Guest

It seems like the main problem is the lack of "sure thing" players. IMO you can make a good case for or against about twenty different players. While it would not be my personal choice I could understand why the Rams would do it. What would be great is if after the draft someone from the Rams could explain what their reasonings were. And not just, "we were lucky he fell to us" or "he was number one on our board". Unless you show us the board before the draft. Like if one of the top DL is still on the board and they take Ginn and Linehan tells me he values the field position Ginn could provide and Ginn is extreemly motivated to learn route running and has volunteered to take as many reps as he can get at cornerback, then I will be eager to see how things work out.

blood85 Guest

If we can't get the DT we want, we could always use help in other areas: WR,LB,DB,SS.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

You're welcome Guam.

sbramfan Guest

I want Jenkins and Ginn. and still have a 3rd round pick.

Don't underestimate the number of games lost each year by the Rams poor special teams field position.

If we only fix one (defense), but not the other (ST), we will still be mediocre. It's an uphill battle all year long when we are starting on our 15 and they are starting on their 35. This offense would put up a lot of points if they were able to start drives from the 30+, which would give us a lead more often than not and make the defenses job a lot easier.