Thread: Jerome Carter?

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Jerome Carter?

What happened to him? Did he not play yesturday?

RamsFan16

maineram is offline Registered User

Re: Jerome Carter?

He did play, most of the game. Not sure of his tackle count but he was around the ball quite a bit,(quite a bit late)

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

STLRAMSFAN Guest

I did not see much from him and I heard on the radio on the way home from work that Martz plans on moving Arch back to strong safety in order to get him closer to the line of scrimage and help stop the run. This does not mean Carter is out if its true but it is interesting. Not sure who Martz would go with at FS if this is the case.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Sounds like Carter is now the back-up SS behind Arch now.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Great. Not what I wanted to hear. I'm not a fan of Arch
    RamsFan16

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Great. Not what I wanted to hear. I'm not a fan of Arch
    But how is this a bad thing. IF the back is healthy, Arch is one of the best run support safeties in the league. He's the best near-line DB I know of...if he's healthy. If he's not, then we have a promising rookie in Carter to take his place.

I just don't see where this is a bad thing.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

DSG
    DSG is offline Registered User

I think its a bad thing if its more indicative that Arch just does not have the cover skills needed for a free saftey.Unfortunately,I believe this is probably the case and I see no way Arch is going to be able to hold up physically to strong saftey..I really like Arch but I think his days as a starter are numbered...really hope I'm wrong.

I don't think Arch will return after this year.
    RamsFan16

Quote Originally Posted by DSG

I think its a bad thing if its more indicative that Arch just does not have the cover skills needed for a free saftey.Unfortunately,I believe this is probably the case and I see no way Arch is going to be able to hold up physically to strong saftey..I really like Arch but I think his days as a starter are numbered...really hope I'm wrong.
    Well, no "if" about it. He doesn't have the cover skills to be a FS...but then again he never has. He also doesn't have the size to be a DT, the hands to be a WR, the arm to be a QB, or the leg to be a K. But those are all things (just as FS is) that he's not being asked to do.

The move to FS was to keep him in minimal contact situations until his back was ready to go. He was never going to be a FS, that was Martz blowing smoke. You can tell when Martz is blowing smoke because there will be reporter in front of him and his mouth will be open.

Arch is a SS, and a good one if the back holds up. If it doesn't, he leaves at the end of the year, and Carter moves up. But the end of the year is a long ways away. Right now, we have a healthy Arch who appears to have a healthy back and never claimed to be a great centerfield DB. He's a LOS safety, that's all he's ever claimed to be. Now he gets to go back to it. How's about we give him a chance to do what he does best, healthy for the first time in over a year...before we make any snap judgements on casting him off like leftover Chinese food.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    The move to FS was to keep him in minimal contact situations until his back was ready to go. He was never going to be a FS, that was Martz blowing smoke.
    And what makes you think that sMartz wasn't blowing smoke when he came up with this back-ready-to-go rationalization for why he is changing his mind again and again and ...

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too
    And what makes you think that sMartz wasn't blowing smoke when he came up with this back-ready-to-go rationalization for why he is changing his mind again and again and ...
    Who's to say he wasn't? Arch would play in a coma, so it's not like he's going to say he's hurt. So maybe Martz is still blowing smoke, who knows? The answer is only Martz...and certainly none of us until week 1.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    So maybe Martz is still blowing smoke, who knows? The answer is only Martz...
    And therein lies my problem. I'm not convinced that even he knows. If I didn't know better I'd bet M&M was a Libra by as often as his scales keep tipping from one side to the other and back again ...

"The more things change, the more they remain the same." - Alphonse Karr, 1849

thoey is offline Registered User

HUB, the following made me laugh:
    You can tell when Martz is blowing smoke because there will be reporter in front of him and his mouth will be open.
    This space for rent...