Bit harsh on a rookie.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Jerome Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by thickandthin View Post
    I want him out of here.
    i didn`t realize he was a member..

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

He's a rookie, he is learning, he is holding his own and he belongs to a defense that on average gives up less than 18 points per game.

Relax.

thickandthin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DistantRam View Post
    Bit harsh on a rookie.
    I'm sorry man, but seriously he was the one who gave up the Williams reception that ended up leading to the TD against TB. and he gave up the LaFell TD when he had him in his grasp. He's just making me mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    i didn`t realize he was a member..
    haha no silly he's not a member here.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

How is he the reason Cadillac got a touchdown on that play? We were playing zone and he stayed and controlled his area, unfortunately that was not the best play call and Cadillac found the hole in the zones between Long and Murphy.

thickandthin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    How is he the reason Cadillac got a touchdown on that play? We were playing zone and he stayed and controlled his area, unfortunately that was not the best play call and Cadillac found the hole in the zones between Long and Murphy.
    sorry my bad, didn't mean to confuse you man. I meant Mike Williams not Cadillac. sorry.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thickandthin View Post
    sorry my bad, didn't mean to confuse you man. I meant Mike Williams not Cadillac. sorry.
    My bad as well buddy. But yeah, he will have his lumps, I just hope he turns out to be a solid corner.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

to reply to this thread more seriously than last time...

CB to me is one of if not the most difficult position on defense to pick up for anyone,even more so a rookie..the chances of doing it when you are drafted in the 3rd round..even slimmer.
    when Murphy was drafted they liked what they saw in him obviously..but it was all about potential..they wouldn`t have expected faultless play out of him..even the Hall of Famers at the position made mistakes in the majority of the games they played throughout their careers.

he has blown some coverages,whiffed some tackles,but he`s also done some good things too so far in his rookie season..we have one of the best DB coaches of recent times as our HC..and a rookie with some nice tools to work with..i have faith that they will get it right and Murphy will become a good player for us.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

He has his rookie moments, but he's a pretty good tackler usually, and is physical.

Supposedly he is a good press corner, so I want to see him used more when we press.

Rich86 is offline Registered User

so because a rookie is playing like a rookie he needs the boot. makes sense

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Yea, and the Jets should have cut Revis when he got burned for that TD by Moss.

Every corner is going to get burned. Absolutely-no-doubt-about-it hall of famers even had touchdowns scored off them (What!?). If you cut every player who doesn't cover perfectly all the time, you won't have anyone in coverage. Every offensive coordinator and WR makes it their goal to confuse the covering players and get free. It works all the time on pro-bowl caliber vets. Now imagine how it impacts rookies.

Btw, did you notice how near the end of the game, Murphy made a nice inbound tackle on Steve Smith? Or does that not count?

What is up with the impatience of some on these boards lately? A rookie should be cut 8 games into his career? Jason Smith needs to go in his 2nd year because of two concussions?

Have some patience.

thickandthin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    to reply to this thread more seriously than last time...

CB to me is one of if not the most difficult position on defense to pick up for anyone,even more so a rookie..the chances of doing it when you are drafted in the 3rd round..even slimmer.
    when Murphy was drafted they liked what they saw in him obviously..but it was all about potential..they wouldn`t have expected faultless play out of him..even the Hall of Famers at the position made mistakes in the majority of the games they played throughout their careers.

he has blown some coverages,whiffed some tackles,but he`s also done some good things too so far in his rookie season..we have one of the best DB coaches of recent times as our HC..and a rookie with some nice tools to work with..i have faith that they will get it right and Murphy will become a good player for us.
    Ok, Ok, very solid points in which I agree.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

He's got real potential, so let's hope he learned a lesson from today's game to go for the tackle instead of just trying to strip the ball. In a close game, his mistake could have been a disaster.

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

And for the 2nd time, this is the main reason I'm glad fans don't manage a football team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast