Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Jerome Murphy

  1. #1
    thickandthin Guest

    Jerome Murphy

    I want him out of here.


  2. #2
    DistantRam Guest

    Re: Jerome Murphy

    Bit harsh on a rookie.

  3. #3
    Ramblin` Ram's Avatar
    Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Nation of Rams
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,401
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: Jerome Murphy

    Quote Originally Posted by thickandthin View Post
    I want him out of here.
    i didn`t realize he was a member..

  4. #4
    Rambunctious's Avatar
    Rambunctious is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,198
    Rep Power
    53

    Re: Jerome Murphy

    He's a rookie, he is learning, he is holding his own and he belongs to a defense that on average gives up less than 18 points per game.

    Relax.

  5. #5
    thickandthin Guest

    Re: Jerome Murphy

    Quote Originally Posted by DistantRam View Post
    Bit harsh on a rookie.
    I'm sorry man, but seriously he was the one who gave up the Williams reception that ended up leading to the TD against TB. and he gave up the LaFell TD when he had him in his grasp. He's just making me mad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    i didn`t realize he was a member..
    haha no silly he's not a member here.

  6. #6
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,571
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Jerome Murphy

    How is he the reason Cadillac got a touchdown on that play? We were playing zone and he stayed and controlled his area, unfortunately that was not the best play call and Cadillac found the hole in the zones between Long and Murphy.

  7. #7
    thickandthin Guest

    Re: Jerome Murphy

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    How is he the reason Cadillac got a touchdown on that play? We were playing zone and he stayed and controlled his area, unfortunately that was not the best play call and Cadillac found the hole in the zones between Long and Murphy.
    sorry my bad, didn't mean to confuse you man. I meant Mike Williams not Cadillac. sorry.

  8. #8
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,571
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Jerome Murphy

    Quote Originally Posted by thickandthin View Post
    sorry my bad, didn't mean to confuse you man. I meant Mike Williams not Cadillac. sorry.
    My bad as well buddy. But yeah, he will have his lumps, I just hope he turns out to be a solid corner.

  9. #9
    Ramblin` Ram's Avatar
    Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Nation of Rams
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,401
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: Jerome Murphy

    to reply to this thread more seriously than last time...

    CB to me is one of if not the most difficult position on defense to pick up for anyone,even more so a rookie..the chances of doing it when you are drafted in the 3rd round..even slimmer.
    when Murphy was drafted they liked what they saw in him obviously..but it was all about potential..they wouldn`t have expected faultless play out of him..even the Hall of Famers at the position made mistakes in the majority of the games they played throughout their careers.

    he has blown some coverages,whiffed some tackles,but he`s also done some good things too so far in his rookie season..we have one of the best DB coaches of recent times as our HC..and a rookie with some nice tools to work with..i have faith that they will get it right and Murphy will become a good player for us.

  10. #10
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,173
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Jerome Murphy

    He has his rookie moments, but he's a pretty good tackler usually, and is physical.

    Supposedly he is a good press corner, so I want to see him used more when we press.

  11. #11
    Rich86 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    the city OK?
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Jerome Murphy

    so because a rookie is playing like a rookie he needs the boot. makes sense

  12. #12
    berg8309's Avatar
    berg8309 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,899
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Jerome Murphy

    Yea, and the Jets should have cut Revis when he got burned for that TD by Moss.

    Every corner is going to get burned. Absolutely-no-doubt-about-it hall of famers even had touchdowns scored off them (What!?). If you cut every player who doesn't cover perfectly all the time, you won't have anyone in coverage. Every offensive coordinator and WR makes it their goal to confuse the covering players and get free. It works all the time on pro-bowl caliber vets. Now imagine how it impacts rookies.

    Btw, did you notice how near the end of the game, Murphy made a nice inbound tackle on Steve Smith? Or does that not count?

    What is up with the impatience of some on these boards lately? A rookie should be cut 8 games into his career? Jason Smith needs to go in his 2nd year because of two concussions?

    Have some patience.

  13. #13
    thickandthin Guest

    Re: Jerome Murphy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    to reply to this thread more seriously than last time...

    CB to me is one of if not the most difficult position on defense to pick up for anyone,even more so a rookie..the chances of doing it when you are drafted in the 3rd round..even slimmer.
    when Murphy was drafted they liked what they saw in him obviously..but it was all about potential..they wouldn`t have expected faultless play out of him..even the Hall of Famers at the position made mistakes in the majority of the games they played throughout their careers.

    he has blown some coverages,whiffed some tackles,but he`s also done some good things too so far in his rookie season..we have one of the best DB coaches of recent times as our HC..and a rookie with some nice tools to work with..i have faith that they will get it right and Murphy will become a good player for us.
    Ok, Ok, very solid points in which I agree.

  14. #14
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,094
    Rep Power
    132

    Re: Jerome Murphy

    He's got real potential, so let's hope he learned a lesson from today's game to go for the tackle instead of just trying to strip the ball. In a close game, his mistake could have been a disaster.

  15. #15
    Flippin' Ram's Avatar
    Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,522
    Rep Power
    33

    Re: Jerome Murphy

    And for the 2nd time, this is the main reason I'm glad fans don't manage a football team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jerome Murphy what you saw?
    By thatguy in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: -09-23-2010, 04:36 AM
  2. Murphy Preparing for Duty ..
    By MauiRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -09-16-2010, 08:43 AM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: -07-26-2010, 07:20 PM
  4. Murphy and Gilyard: Old Friends.
    By Bralidore(RAMMODE) in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -04-27-2010, 10:28 AM
  5. Replies: 29
    Last Post: -04-24-2010, 04:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •