thatguy is offline Registered User

Jerome Murphy what you saw?

What do you all think of him from the Raiders game. I was very excited when I saw him knock Jared Veldheer a 6-8 315 pound linemen to the ground on a blitz

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Re: Jerome Murphy what you saw?

I was less than excited when he gave up a critical first down. Good and bad, first game, too early to tell anything, especially since he didn't play the whole game.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Well he's a rookie, he took his ups and downs but he made that INT that gave us a ray of hope in beating the Raiders. So the guy's looking like he has a bright future once Bartell is past his prime but I have yet to reserve my judgement as he progresses throughout the season.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

I saw: a rookie.
    You saw some good, some bad, but you see alot of promised & he brings a swagger to the team that is greatly needed. If he projects as scheduled, I can see him starting at CB opposite Bartell next year.

DistantRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    I can see him starting at CB opposite Bartell next year.
    Or, even better, he and Fletcher can both improve past Bartell and establish themselves as our starting corners for the next five years.

I liked what I saw from Murphy: he's got ability, determination and that swagger which good players need. All he needs is more experience and I can see him becoming a very good player in the future.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DistantRam View Post
    Or, even better, he and Fletcher can both improve past Bartell and establish themselves as our starting corners for the next five years.

I liked what I saw from Murphy: he's got ability, determination and that swagger which good players need. All he needs is more experience and I can see him becoming a very good player in the future.
    Or even better better; Bartell turns into a ProBowler, Fletcher and Murphy progress to the level Ron is playing at right now, we add a hard hitting run stuffing strong safety, and all of a sudden we have the best secondary in the NFL!

DistantRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    Or even better better; Bartell turns into a ProBowler, Fletcher and Murphy progress to the level Ron is playing at right now...
    I'm not as high on Bartell as many are on this site. Yes, he's a good player and our current best CB but he's hardly Darrelle Revis or Nnamdi Asomugha, is he?

Hopefully, at least one of our promising young corners can go on to play at a Pro Bowl level and render Ron redundant.

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DistantRam View Post
    I'm not as high on Bartell as many are on this site. Yes, he's a good player and our current best CB but he's hardly Darrelle Revis or Nnamdi Asomugha, is he?

Hopefully, at least one of our promising young corners can go on to play at a Pro Bowl level and render Ron redundant.
    well Sean Payton is high on him... he wouldn't throw near him when we played the saints last year!

Torry Holt is offline Registered User

Nowadays offenses in NFL play a lot with 3 WR set, to have 3 good CB is valuable. Murphy made some mistakes but looked ok. He is also the only one of our CB who made an interception, Fletcher droped an easy one against the Raiders like Bartell the previous week, we need playmakers on defense too !
    I also like the fact that he is a solid tackler, tackling is generally underrated for CB in NFL.
    Si vous croyez en vous, que vous avez de la fierté, et que vous ne lâchez jamais, vous serez un gagnant.
    Le prix de la victoire est chčre, mais la récompense en vaut la peine.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I think Fletcher and Murphy could pass Bartell easily, i don't rate him much

Canadian Rams Fan is offline Registered User

Jerome Murphy could become a good player I believe in Spags he will coach him up. Spags being a former corner back coach.

IMO Jerome Murphy is a great scheme fit he loves to press and he is physical and fast from what I saw of him on Sunday

On his interception he made a great recovery on that play he was beat on the dig put his hand down in the dirt and ran with the receiver the speed in which he recovered was amazing. The ball was tipped and Jerome caught it.

However had it not been for C.J Ah You tipping the ball I think that ball was thrown away from the corner in a spot in front of the receiver where only the receiver could have made that catch Jerome would have been beat; hard to say now.

Great play by the defence keep those turnovers coming the are coming in bunches for this team right now. I for one am starting to be impressed with C.J he is making plays dating back to last year as a situational type player dating back to last year. What do you guys think.

Go Rams 2010

MACD is offline Registered User

Shhhwaggggerrrrr!!!!!!

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

I'd say make him gain a few pounds, get him to around 210-220lb, switch him to strong saftey, and BINGO!..

You have a 21st century TOBY WRIGHT again!

BOOM! HEAD SHOT!