Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Jets, Cowboys among many teams in sticky cap quandaries--Rams $3 mil over/La Canf

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Nick, isn't the rookie pool amount pretty much a push, if not net saving, each year because older, more expensive, players will be replaced ?
    I'm not sure what you mean, but let me elaborate and see if that clarifies my point.

Cap room will be created by the release of veterans; for instance, I believe the Rams can free up nearly $17 million by getting the salaries of Wayne Hunter, Steven Jackson, and Quintin Mikell off the books, if they are willing to do that.

All I'm saying is that doesn't mean the Rams can go out in free agency with $17 million in cap room to work with, because at least some of that room will need to be reserved for the rookie contracts they'll add to the books after the draft.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Re: Jets, Cowboys among many teams in sticky cap quandaries--Rams $3 mil over/La Canf

Maybe some money can be saved by reworking Titus Young's contract, afterall, all he needs is a dollar and a ball and he'll put up HOF numbers.

At least that's what he said.

Then again, he also said he was better than Megatron.
    Nick likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12