RamsFan16 Guest

Jets | Team to meet with Vitt

Jets | Team to meet with Vitt
    Fri, 6 Jan 2006 17:40:19 -0800

Bill Coats, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the New York Jets will meet with St. Louis Rams interim head coach Joe Vitt about their vacant head coaching position Monday, Jan. 9. The Rams don't consider Joe Vitt a candidate for their head coaching position.

.ramfan. is offline Registered User

Re: Jets | Team to meet with Vitt

Good for Vitt. Although I kinda wanted him to replace Marmie if we got a defensive minded head coach, it's good to hear that Vitt is given a second chance at becoming a head coach. (if infact he does get the job).

AlphaRam Guest

I just don't think that Joe Vitt can handle being a head coach. Against the Niners, we went for it on 4th and 2 instead of kicking the FG, The Niners had been stuffing the run all day. Bad decision.

The week before, playing at home, as well, we should have kicked a FG on 4th and 1 at the 36 yard line.

Both of those games were winnable but those decisions helped force the negative outcome.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

From what I saw, Vitt wasn't very good at handling the pressure of being a HC. I'm sure he'd do great in the low-key sporting atmosphere of New York.