LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Jim Fassel to Interview?

Article on Yahoo Sports:

Fassel among candidates for Rams’ job
    By R.B. FALLSTROM, AP Sports Writer

"NFL.com has reported the Rams and Fassel will meet Thursday. Fassel, 59, coached the Giants to the Super Bowl in 2000 and has been working as a radio analyst this season.

Fassel has a career record of 58-53-1 and last coached in the NFL in 2006, when he was fired as Ravens offensive coordinator. He was NFL Coach of the Year in 1997, his first year with the Giants."

What do you guys think about him?

LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Gateway Rams is offline Registered User

Re: Jim Fassel to Interview?

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    Article on Yahoo Sports:

Fassel among candidates for Rams’ job
    By R.B. FALLSTROM, AP Sports Writer

"NFL.com has reported the Rams and Fassel will meet Thursday. Fassel, 59, coached the Giants to the Super Bowl in 2000 and has been working as a radio analyst this season.

Fassel has a career record of 58-53-1 and last coached in the NFL in 2006, when he was fired as Ravens offensive coordinator. He was NFL Coach of the Year in 1997, his first year with the Giants."

What do you guys think about him?

Jim is the best choice out there. He took over a very poor Giants squad in '97 and took them to first place in the NFC east in his first year. And that is the toughest division in football (then) imagine what he could do in this division with REAL offensive weapons, not Dave Brown or whoever he had....every other candidate I've heard is just a huge roll of the dice, who knows if some of these position coaches and coordinators can actaully lead a team, its a whole different skill set, Jim has aleady proven he can do it in the toughest environment in football.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Wouldn't really complain about hiring him. I'm glad we are interviewing a lot of people for this though.

Ramhead_23 is offline Registered User

I think Jim would be a perfect fit for where the Rams are right now. He knows what it takes to rebuild (like he did whith the Giants). He would not act like some maniac who thinks he needs to do crazy things to try to prove himself. i think he will be sound and coach good football. I love it.