Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Jim Rome vs. Jim Everett

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Re: Jim Rome vs. Jim Everett

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    Believe it or not, I am still in contact with Jim, he is a great guy. I ALMOST got him to come to a ClanRam bash one year, things just never worked out.
    I certainly respect you enough, Dez, to take you at your word, but Rome was beyond unprofessional in his dealings with Everett that day. This wasn't some good-natured jab; it was a blatant cheap shot and attempt to goad Everett into a fight. I haven't seen anything like it before or since. Completely beneath what a "legitimate" reporter is supposed to represent.

Adding to Rome's stupidity was his mocking the name of Chris Evert- only one of the greatest women's tennis players of all time- while belittling Everett.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    Blade Runner
    "Blade" was it! I can't remember which lineman came up with the moniker, but Blade it was. I believe it was given after his first pro game (the patsies I think) when he came in and threw 3 touchdown passes. When asked why the epithet "Blade" by a reporter, the lineman replied "because he can really carve up a defense."

Tried to rep you, but have to spread some more around first. While I'm on the subject, something must be wrong with your rep system. Yours in particular. You have been stuck on 20 forever. I know I have repped you at least twice in the last couple of years, and the 20 never changes, not to mention others. You might check it out .. Cheers !!!
    RamDez likes this.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

I just re-re-watched the clip--gets funnier each time. If Rome squeals like a frightened girl when a QB jumps him, imagine the shear terror of say Brockers coming at him.

You will notice how quick he goes to the ground and curls up. You can bet that the mans-man Jim Rome(SIC) if put in at QB wouldn't even have the nerve to take the snap from Center.

Question though? Is there any other clips out there where other sports figures have brought the EVERETT episode up while being interviewed, especially on Rome's show?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I certainly respect you enough, Dez, to take you at your word, but Rome was beyond unprofessional in his dealings with Everett that day. This wasn't some good-natured jab; it was a blatant cheap shot and attempt to goad Everett into a fight. I haven't seen anything like it before or since. Completely beneath what a "legitimate" reporter is supposed to represent.

Adding to Rome's stupidity was his mocking the name of Chris Evert- only one of the greatest women's tennis players of all time- while belittling Everett.
    I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding here NJ. Dez is talking about Jim Everett being a great guy, not Jim Rome, who is obviously a gutless punk.
    RamDez and macrammer like this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding here NJ. Dez is talking about Jim Everett being a great guy, not Jim Rome, who is obviously a gutless punk.

Obviously a BIG misunderstanding, as I must have totally misread Dez' post. Although both guys are named "Jim", I should've had sense enough to know he was talking about OUR Jim as opposed to the idiot sports reporter! My apologies!
    RamDez and r8rh8rmike like this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

How awesome are those Rams jerseys??
    I thought the same thing when I looked at the picture... just stared at them for awhile.

I was thinking to myself, now why would I be friends with Rome LOL, no worries

Obviously a BIG misunderstanding, as I must have totally misread Dez' post. Although both guys are named "Jim", I should've had sense enough to know he was talking about OUR Jim as opposed to the idiot sports reporter! My apologies!

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

I was in Anaheim at the niners game and saw the phantom sack. Just like Warner and Bulger, Jim was getting racked by lack of protection. It seems to be a theme with the Rams and I never really blamed him that much for that response that night. He was a good quarterback and had a lot of success and future promise, just not enough protection.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12