Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: Jim Thomas Live along with Billy Devaney

Yea, I realize that it's just arguing semantics, but I've always viewed it as best football player, regardless of need. Obviously this is just my interpretation of it, so everyone is entitled to theirs, but if I was starting a football team with 0 players on the team, which player would I pick? That, to me, is the best player...anything more than that, imo, is balancing need vs talent.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

I found it very suspicious that Devaney didn't mention at all ScottD413. Hhhhhmmmmmm. Does this strike anyone else as odd? That guy's crafty.
    Let the hype begin.

Truth is offline Registered User

The one thing to remember is that NONE of the guys being drafted has ever played one down in the NFL. There are no "sure things". The FO and coaches are doing everything they can think of to be sure they don't waste the #2 pick.

We have so many holes on both sides of the ball that you could make a valid argument for any of the 4 choices JT mentioned. I'm going to trust in our new FO and coaching staff until/unless they prove, over time, that they don't deserve it.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

thoey is offline Registered User

Nick, as a response to your question, I will say this. I trust that the draft team knows more about these college players than I do. So, as long as they make smart picks, I will live with what ever they decide is right for the Rams. Do I want Curry? YES. Is there a chance that he is not the best fit for the Rams? Yes. I will be happy with either Curry or one of the two OT's as I know that is a position of need that we must fill for this year and the future.

I would NOT like them picking a QB with the second pick as I do not think that is smart. First, we have MB locked up for a while. Second, #1 QB's don't tend to fair well. If we are going to draft one I would rather get someone that will come cheaper, and learn behind MB.

So, yes. If they decide that one of the two OT's are better for the Rams, I will support them as they are probably wiser than I am. But if they go wacko on us...

This space for rent...

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Live4ramin View Post
    I found it very suspicious that Devaney didn't mention at all ScottD413. Hhhhhmmmmmm. Does this strike anyone else as odd? That guy's crafty.
    Your name may soon be the talk of NFL Live, Scotty! Mock-draft experts scrambling to change their picks.

Thoey, I sure wouldn't mind ACurry! But it seems Rams will go a bit more conservative with Monroe / Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Thoey, I sure wouldn't mind ACurry! But it seems Rams will go a bit more conservative with Monroe / Smith.
    They probably will Mi Amigo. I just hope we don't look back and regret it.
    This space for rent...

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

All of you saying that Curry has to be the best player available because there is no way a lineman is the best player in the draft, what did you think when the Texans passed up on Vince Young and Reggie Bush to take Mario Williams?

No one considered Williams to be the best player in the draft, and everyone thought at the time that the Texans had screwed up royally. But look at it now. Williams is a Pro Bowl defensive end with 30.5 sacks in 3 seasons, while Vince Young is wallowing behind Kerry Collins on the bench at Tennessee and Reggie Bush has been reduced to nothing more than a 3rd down back and punt returner.

I have faith in the FO that when they say they are picking the best player available, they are picking the best player available. Even if its not a sexy pick, doesnt mean its not the best pick.

And everyone who says that the Rams are only picking an OT because of need, well what about all the other positions the Rams have a need? The Rams havent had a decent strong side linebacker in ages, and Curry fits that role perfectly. We have a player that can play LT in Alex Barron, and we have someone out of our other lineman that could play RT. But our strongside linebacker at the moment is Pisa Tinoisamoa, a guy who gets injured alot playing the weakside. So how would he fair playing the strongside? Whats to say Curry wouldnt be a need pick if he was taken ahead of an OT? After getting rid of Holt there is a massive need at WR, much more so than OT as we have no veteran presence at WR at all. So wouldnt a need pick be Crabtree?

I think just because the Rams happen to have a hole at OT, doent mean that taking an OT is a reach.

Not sure I have seen anyone say that taking an OT is a reach. What I have seen is people say that in their opinion A. Curry is that much better than the OT's available at #2 and that the drop between Curry and the next MLB compared to those OT's available at #2 and those available in the second round is much less.

Gawd, isn't it Saturday yet?
    This space for rent...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12