Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mercclass is offline Registered User

Jim Thomas on mini camp

Jim Thomas was on Bernie's show this morning and made some comments about this past weekends workouts on Saturday and Sunday.
    I'll post as much as I can remember.

Tye Hill - JT said he was out of football shape (and they were only in shells) but looked very fast. Tye admitted as much himself.

Claude Wroten - Looked very quick and very strong but again they were only in shells. JT said he could tell why he was considered a first round talent originally. He said Wroten spent the majority of the practice in the offensive backfield.

Klop and Byrd - Said Klop has really good speed and made some great catches down the seam that would of been good for 25+ yards in a game. He has the ability to routinely make plays the Ernie Conwell only occasionally made for big yardage. Said Byrd is an excellent route runner and has amazing hands. Sounded even more impressed with Byrd. But said he couldn't tell about their blocking because they were again only in shells

Marques Hagans - Excellent hands. Said he didn't see him drop a pass all weekend even though he had to make some tough ones (diving catch and a pass thrown way behind him) Says the kid also has great character.

Victor Adenyanju - Got into a fight with Madison Hedgecock. Said it lasted for a while and Linehan kind of let it go on before talking to them about it afterwards to teach them a lesson (about how it could hurt the team during a game). Says INCOGNITO of all people was the one who broke up the fight (said Richie was like the UN).

Richie Incognito - JT said he played mainly at center and could backup McCollum to start the season. Looks very good at center but he thinks ultimately his best position will be guard. Said during the fight threw McGarigle off of the pile like he was light luggage to break it up.

Ron Bartell - JT said Bartell and Atogwe were the most improved from last year. He was really impressed with Bartell's development and he looked much more confident during the practices. Says he only saw Bartell in CB drills and didn't see him at safety at all. But with his improvement he's not sure how the CB situation is going to look. He said he really likes the CB depth now with Bartell improving and adding Hill and Brown.

Rip32 is offline Registered User

Re: Jim Thomas on mini camp

Quote Originally Posted by Mercclass
    Ron Bartell - JT said Bartell and Atogwe were the most improved from last year. He was really impressed with Bartell's development and he looked much more confident during the practices. Says he only saw Bartell in CB drills and didn't see him at safety at all. But with his improvement he's not sure how the CB situation is going to look. He said he really likes the CB depth now with Bartell improving and adding Hill and Brown.
    Music to my ears!!!!

.ramfan. is offline Registered User

I like what I am hearing so far. Although these reports are nothing major, I am very excited about the upcomming season.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

That is great to hear! I really want to know what that fight was about though.
    RamsFan16

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    That is great to hear! I really want to know what that fight was about though.
    Testosterone.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Come on you guys..... you shouldn't fight!! Your on the same team and you both wanna win! Great Post!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

hmmm, I didn't think there was actually a fight...I thought it was a type of caption..wow, but hey I'm sure Linehan talked them out of it.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Actually, fights break out all the time during mini-camps and training camps. When grown men go about hitting each other every day, day in and day out, eventually fur will fly. If it didn't, I would want to know why. Actually, it was stated that Linehan let them go at it till it calmed down.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

INCOGNITO of all people was the one who broke up the fight
    This is the funniest part of the fight!
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Richie Incognito - JT said he played mainly at center and could backup McCollum to start the season. Looks very good at center but he thinks ultimately his best position will be guard. Said during the fight threw McGarigle off of the pile like he was light luggage to break it up.
    Explain to me once again why Sapaia is a guard instead of this guy?LOL

CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

"Ron Bartell - JT said Bartell and Atogwe were the most improved from last year. He was really impressed with Bartell's development and he looked much more confident during the practices. Says he only saw Bartell in CB drills and didn't see him at safety at all. But with his improvement he's not sure how the CB situation is going to look. He said he really likes the CB depth now with Bartell improving and adding Hill and Brown."

This means we have bartell, hill, JB, groce, anderson, brown and fisher at CB...who will get cut before the season and who will get the majority of playing time?

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Fisher, Anderson, Groce
    RamsFan16

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

since Bartell is improving...... it seems that we have 4 great CB... Hill, Butler, Bartell, Brown........ This sucks cuz 2 have to be backups and since Atogwe is improving..... Bartell probably wont be moving to FS....

CB1-Butler
    CB2-Brown or Hill
    FS-Atogwe
    SS-Chavous

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Says INCOGNITO of all people was the one who broke up the fight (said Richie was like the UN).

Ahhh, music to my ears. Sounds like the Richie Incognito I know. I was a teenie bit skeptical about him after seeing those two knee braces he's got on [thought he only had one injured kneecap?], but from the looks of it he won't be held back one bit. I've gotta agree that guard would be his best position. He's got a good combination of strength and most importantly mobility, which I wouldn't want to see wasted away at the center position - where most plays wouldn't call for him to pull-block.

Backup center to start the season? [insert Evil Disco Man chuckle]
    Just wait until they put the pads on.
    Last edited by evil disco man; -05-15-2006 at 10:00 PM.

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Looks like your Ron Bartell logo is on so far RF16. That was a cool sig. pic you had of him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast