Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Is Jimmy Kennedy a bust?

After 2 disappointing seasons in 2003 and 2004 due to injury, this year was supposed to be the year where Jimmy Kennedy showed up. Instead, he did next to nothing. He didn't show anything that he could build upon next year and continues to disappoint. This now begs the question, do you consider him a bust?
    Last edited by Bald_81; -02-26-2006 at 12:45 AM.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Is Jimmy Kennedy a bust?

No he isn't a bust. Next season he will do alot better with a new scheme, new DLine coach and a repaired hernia. One more season I promise.
    RamsFan16

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Good question, and one that assumes extra importance, given the discussions we're having about Pickett.

I'd say he isn't a bust and showed signs of progression last season. Having said that, it was widely assumed he'd be a stud out of college and he hasn't performed to that level thus far.

This year is a very important year for him and I'm interested in how he'll respond to a different kind of positional coach.

Less scream and shout, more arm round the shoulders might work with Jimmy I think.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

This year is make or break, i don't think it is very fair to look at the play of any of the defensive players under Marmie's system and judge them on that alone. He has shown some promise, and i think the injuries early in his career have hindered him.

I think the Rams will bring in a huge Free Agent NT no matter what happens with PIckett, because of Haslett's desire to run the 3-4. This could hurt Kennedy's chances at playing time.

rams2061 Guest

I'd give him one more year before I call him a bust.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams2061
    I'd give him one more year before I call him a bust.
    "DITTO, FOR ME!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

i would have to agree also, one more year for kennedy, and i really agree with the less shouting and more teaching,could be very beneficial to the d-line.

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Nobody on this forum has criticized Kennedy more harshly than I.

But I say he deserves one more year, because of his injuries, and because he labored under Marmie.

Lewis should be dumped. Pickett kept if the price is right.

Large_Ant is offline Registered User

I always give a guy three years before I call him a bust. And even then, a guy who has been a bust can still turn it around. I'd say it's probably pretty accurate to evaluate him for another year before judging him. But it's also fair to be disappointed with him thus far.

Funny thing is that when he fell to the Seahawks that year, I couldn't believe our good fortune considering DT was our biggest need that year. When we took Trufant instead, I was actually mad for a minute. Funny how things work out.

On another note, if you guys think Kennedy is letting you down, how'd you like to be the Browns right now? They're still waiting for the second coming of... well... Kellen Winslow to do something besides wheelies.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Seattle Seahawks - 2004 & 2005 NFC West Champions

Quote Originally Posted by coy bacon
    Nobody on this forum has criticized Kennedy more harshly than I.

But I say he deserves one more year, because of his injuries, and because he labored under Marmie.

Lewis should be dumped. Pickett kept if the price is right.
    Have to agree with everything thing here.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Large_Ant
    I always give a guy three years before I call him a bust. And even then, a guy who has been a bust can still turn it around. I'd say it's probably pretty accurate to evaluate him for another year before judging him. But it's also fair to be disappointed with him thus far.

Funny thing is that when he fell to the Seahawks that year, I couldn't believe our good fortune considering DT was our biggest need that year. When we took Trufant instead, I was actually mad for a minute. Funny how things work out.

On another note, if you guys think Kennedy is letting you down, how'd you like to be the Browns right now? They're still waiting for the second coming of... well... Kellen Winslow to do something besides wheelies.
    BTW HOW WELL DID B. FISH & G. WISTROM WORK OUT FOR THE HAWKS THIS YEAR? JUST WONDERING...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you look back the draft, the Kennedy pick looks worse. Ty Warren was taken right after Kennedy, while 4 picks down was some weird haired guy from USC who went to Pittsburgh

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Tomahawk, why would we select Polamalu when we already have Archy?

Quote Originally Posted by Bald_81
    Tomahawk, why would we select Polamalu when we already have Archy?
    Your saying you would rather have Kennedy then Polamalu? Polamalu has the speed to play FS anyway. Polamalu and Archuleta would be an awesome safety combo

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

You know I didn't think it was funny when you picked up Trufant at all. He was the player that I wanted and he has turned out to be good. We were so close to getting him.

I do feel bad for the Browns and for Winslow. He just could not resist playing on the edge and he and they paid the price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast