Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HornIt is offline Registered User

Re: John Shaw picked Spagnolo???

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post

PFT is not reliable! They once reported that Terry Bradshaw was DEAD!!!!
    They were probably referring to his brain, and they may not have been far off, especially after that boneheaded post game question he had for the Arizona crowed with Warner standing by his side last night.

I'll say again, who cares if Garrett was one and Spags was two or if it was the other way around? We KNOW Devaney likes Garrett a lot. We know he likes Spags a lot. Maybe salary demands did play a part. All that would tell me, however, is that they liked them both close enough that salary could play a part.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HornIt View Post
    They were probably referring to his brain, and they may not have been far off, especially after that boneheaded post game question he had for the Arizona crowed with Warner standing by his side last night.

I'll say again, who cares if Garrett was one and Spags was two or if it was the other way around? We KNOW Devaney likes Garrett a lot. We know he likes Spags a lot. Maybe salary demands did play a part. All that would tell me, however, is that they liked them both close enough that salary could play a part.

And this time, the salary demand tipped into our favor by letting us get Spags cheaper than Garrett.

I'm so dissapointed...I wanted the HIGHER PRICED COACH!!

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Isn't it reasonable to say that Devaney thought all of the finalists merited consideration? That's why he put them on the list.

One thing that doesn't seem to be talked about that concerns me is that we still don't know who our new "capologist" will be now that Zygmunt is gone.

I'm very optimistic about Devaney and Spagnuolo making decisions about the pure football stuff but we all know how our team has made some very dubious decisions about who stays and who doesn't over this long period of decline and money was & always will be a significant factor.

As we enter the crucial FA period, pre and post draft, there are a lot of important choices that need to be made.
    Just a couple of egs:

If BD & Spags want him, can we or should we get Holt to restructure his contract?

Do we tag Bartell or OJ or any one else?

Do we tender a one year deal to Cogs or let him go for a draft pick; I believe it would be a 3rd rounder?

What about Adeyanju?

Can anything be done about the dead financial weight of Bennett?

How does the end of the NFL's CBA affect all of this?

Again, I have no reason to believe that Devaney and Spags will not make a sound football plan but this is not fantasy football; not every move they might like to make will be possible because of the financial realities.

If people are gnashing their teeth & wailing over the whirlwind of rumors,gossip, and disinformation that surrounded the HC search which ended as well as anyone-and better than most,me included-could have hoped, I fear for their health and sanity once we get into the nitty gritty.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -01-19-2009 at 01:24 PM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

This is a rumor accompanied by NO SUPPORTING EVIDENCE from a website that has been known to get things wrong in the past.

I believe Bernie, Howard Balzer, and Nick Wagoner have all said that Spags was Devaney's choice.

Thus, I'm closing this one down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12