throwback week

Thread: Josh Brown

The Rammer Guest

Thumbs up Josh Brown

He's putting together a relatively quiet year it seems, but when you exclude @Seattle WK1 he's been very good.

Just thought I'd post some interesting stats about him:

After starting the year 0-2, Josh Brown has made 17/21 (81%) of all field goals and 17 of his last 19 (89%) attempts and made 16/16 PAT as well as making everything under 30 yards. He's made everything under 40 since that horrific season opener at Seattle, not to mention he threw for a touchdown against Detroit (which I don't believe was overlooked). His longest boot is 55 yards.

In his career he has made 81.2% of all field goals. In 2008 he kicked 86.1%.

I believe that inability of the Rams offense have caused a pretty good season for Josh Brown to be forgotten because he gets less attempts because we have no quarterback that can really play well on the roster right now.

Mooselini Guest

Re: Josh Brown

Kinda sad when this may be one of the best performers on our team. Especially with that touchdown throw! haha

He's been one of the best free agent acquisitions in our team's history.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Brown is a solid kicker but I think the contract we gave him was a bad move. A 5 year deal for a kicker?!! If he loses his mojo like Folk, we're on the hook for a pretty penny.

And for the richest ever kicker contract ever, I want something more than a #23 ranking in FG %. In case you think that's an off year, he was #18 last year.

$2 mill plus an $800,000 pro-rated bonus chunk out of the cap for 2010.....I think Georgia/Limpehan/Shawgmunt were channeling Crazy Al & his Seabass debacle of a few years ago with that one.

I think the Ram Brain(dead)trust were reacting emotionally to his clutch kicks vs The Rams . The Hags got the last laugh,though, since Mare was cheaper & has performed better at #6 in FG % this year & #12 last year.

Trevor is offline Registered User

I miss Jeff Wilkins...

molar_pistol Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Brown is a solid kicker but I think the contract we gave him was a bad move. A 5 year deal for a kicker?!! If he loses his mojo like Folk, we're on the hook for a pretty penny.

And for the richest ever kicker contract ever, I want something more than a #23 ranking in FG %. In case you think that's an off year, he was #18 last year.

$2 mill plus an $800,000 pro-rated bonus chunk out of the cap for 2010.....I think Georgia/Limpehan/Shawgmunt were channeling Crazy Al & his Seabass debacle of a few years ago with that one.

I think the Ram Brain(dead)trust were reacting emotionally to his clutch kicks vs The Rams . The Hags got the last laugh,though, since Mare was cheaper & has performed better at #6 in FG % this year & #12 last year.
    his ability to kick 50+ yarders is one of his main draws, but i agree, he's making too much money. if there's no cap next year the staff might considering cutting him loose, although i don't know how exciting his replacement would be.