Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

JT Update: Bradford out, DX & Poppinga likely out as well, Clayton suffers setback

Bradford ruled out for Saints game
    BY JIM THOMAS | Posted: Friday, October 28, 2011 1:16 pm | (2) Comments

Last week on Friday, the St. Louis Rams' medical staff tested Sam Bradford's high ankle sprain with some footwork drills and light jogging to gauge his availability for the Dallas game.

There was not even a test this week, with coach Steve Spagnuolo ruling out Bradford on Friday. That means A.J. Feeley starts once again at quarterback in Sunday's game against the New Orleans Saints at the Edward Jones Dome.

Wide receiver Mark Clayton's attempted return off the PUP list from knee surgery received a setback this week when he experienced a sore Achilles' tendon. Clayton did not practice Friday and will not be activated Sunday.

However, cornerback Marquis Johnson -- who's also attempting to return from the PUP list following knee surgery -- continued to practice with the regulars on defense and is expected to be active Sunday.

Wide receiver Danario Alexander (hamstring) and linebacker Brady Poppinga (calf) did not practice again on Friday; neither player has practiced this week and both are expected to miss the Saints' game.

Surprisingly, cornerback Justin King (groin) got some work Friday, but remains doubtful for Sunday.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Re: JT Update: Bradford out, DX & Poppinga likely out as well, Clayton suffers setbac

Hopefully it's just soreness and Clayton will be back next week.

Really hope Johnson gets a lot of playing time this week. It's time to start putting guys in there and see what they got. He's going to get one heck of a test going up against that Saints offense.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Re: JT Update: Bradford out, DX & Poppinga likely out as well, Clayton suffers setbac

we are gonna get killed
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Rambos is offline Registered User

Clayton has to come back next week or he is done for the year... I think they will add him not sure he plays any time soon.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

so 72-0 is the record, Please don't go for it Drew please

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Mike McCarthy could've gotten Spags fired if he wanted to but put on the breaks, it was classy. I don't expect the same from Sean Payton...we can only hope.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Mike McCarthy could've gotten Spags fired if he wanted to but put on the breaks, it was classy. I don't expect the same from Sean Payton...we can only hope.
    I dont think Sean Payton is the type of guy, who is going to rub salt into our wounds.? Im glad Bradford isnt playing to be honest after last year's beating he took v them.
    Harbaugh is the one likely to do this, if he gets the chance versus the 9ers.?

I hate hearing more bad news about Clayton, and his difficult recovery after his injury. Some of this talk about Clayton coming in, and being a difference maker straight away, quite frankly would take a miracle to accomplish. It looks to me like next year, is a realistic time, before the team sees the old Clayton.? Worst case scenario though, is that Clayton may not be able to physically function, like he once did.? He is no spring chicken either. If DX doesnt go then show us what Pettis can do, Gibson will probably get the nod though.?

M. Johnson hopefully can surprise us and the Saints?

The Rams will have no choice, but to add a potential No.1 WR, via the draft it seems with these developments?
    GO RAMS

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    I dont think Sean Payton is the type of guy, who is going to rub salt into our wounds.? Im glad Bradford isnt playing to be honest after last year's beating he took v them.
    Harbaugh is the one likely to do this, if he gets the chance versus the 9ers.?

I hate hearing more bad news about Clayton, and his difficult recovery after his injury. Some of this talk about Clayton coming in, and being a difference maker straight away, quite frankly would take a miracle to accomplish. It looks to me like next year, is a realistic time, before the team sees the old Clayton.? Worst case scenario though, is that Clayton may not be able to physically function, like he once did.? He is no spring chicken either. If DX doesnt go then show us what Pettis can do, Gibson will probably get the nod though.?

M. Johnson hopefully can surprise us and the Saints?

The Rams will have no choice, but to add a potential No.1 WR, via the draft it seems with these developments?
    GO RAMS
    If Clayton isn't ready until next year I'd let him go. He is an FA and we will most likely be taking Justin Blackmon. Plus he will be 30.

Fettmaster is online now Registered User

This whole Mark Clayton thing has been a huge waste of time and money. If you look at my posts from earlier this year, you'd see I was in full support of bringing him back in 2011. But we are in no position to just coddle him along if he can't play. 4 good games shouldn't buy you two seasons worth of unearned paychecks.