Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Just a friendly reminder

  1. #1
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,189
    Rep Power
    108

    Just a friendly reminder

    This is Jeff Fisher's first season as our head coach. At least give him the same grace period that Linehan and Spags were given.

    Thank you!
    ManofGod likes this.


  2. #2
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Here
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,468
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: Just a friendly reminder

    Agreed. It's way too early to put Fisher in the Linehan/Spags boat.

    It's obvious we have improved this year under Fish compared to the last few years, so give him time.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE


  3. #3
    Trevor's Avatar
    Trevor is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vicenza, Italy From Hagerstown, MD
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,293
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Just a friendly reminder

    Fans expecting miracles... Have they forgotten what the Rams record was the past 2 years? I hate fans..

  4. #4
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,046
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Just a friendly reminder

    The year is not over, considering we have already one more win at the half way point and have been in every game but one maybe two... he's doing a great job IMO. 21 players that where here last year could not make a team this year, 21! Tells you what kind of team we had. Having 16 rookies we are going to make mistakes and we have. That being said you can see the upside in the youth on this team.

    Last year I could not wait until the season was over by the half way point. This year I can't wait to see this team play more games!
    MauiRam, clarasDK and thermobee like this.

  5. #5
    VegasRam's Avatar
    VegasRam is offline Ram MVP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Age
    66
    Posts
    1,399
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post

    Last year I could not wait until the season was over by the half way point. This year I can't wait to see this team play more games!
    Exactly.

    I repeat...Exactly!
    Rambos and MauiRam like this.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

  6. #6
    TorontoRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Saint Louis
    Posts
    220
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Just a friendly reminder

    I don't fault Fisher for the record. I fault Sneed and Fisher for their draft strategy, and without inciting a 'board riot,' including not at least giving the RGIII and/or one of the first 5 WRs (e.g. Blackmon) and good look. The 2012 draft isn't looking stellar at this point IMHO. I hope it was a fluke and doesn't show that 'Snisher' can't draft very well.

  7. #7
    TheBritishRam's Avatar
    TheBritishRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Oxford
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,139
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: Just a friendly reminder

    Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    I don't fault Fisher for the record. I fault Sneed and Fisher for their draft strategy, and without inciting a 'board riot,' including not at least giving the RGIII and/or one of the first 5 WRs (e.g. Blackmon) and good look. The 2012 draft isn't looking stellar at this point IMHO. I hope it was a fluke and doesn't show that 'Snisher' can't draft very well.
    How do you know they didn't give them a good look? Also it's not like Blackmon is setting the world on fire. At the moment there are 3 rookie starters (Jenkins, Brockers and Givens - although Watkins was also starting before he was injured) plus 4 big contributors (Zuerlein, Richardson, T. Johnson and Hekker). The only picks that could possibly be disappointing are Quick and Pead. These guys WILL get better with time, if they find ways to start/contribute this could be one of the best Rams classes in the last 15-20 years.
    live4ramin and laram0 like this.

  8. #8
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,334
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: Just a friendly reminder

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBritishRam View Post
    How do you know they didn't give them a good look? Also it's not like Blackmon is setting the world on fire. At the moment there are 3 rookie starters (Jenkins, Brockers and Givens - although Watkins was also starting before he was injured) plus 4 big contributors (Zuerlein, Richardson, T. Johnson and Hekker). The only picks that could possibly be disappointing are Quick and Pead. These guys WILL get better with time, if they find ways to start/contribute this could be one of the best Rams classes in the last 15-20 years.
    Agreed. The draft is paying immediate dividends, and building for the future with young talent and two first round draft picks, giving us a total of FOUR in the next two years. I see a great draft strategy.

  9. #9
    bruce4life's Avatar
    bruce4life is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hemet/San Diego CA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,807
    Rep Power
    31

    Just a friendly reminder

    I love the draft strategy thus far gentlemen. The only way to build your franchise the right way is through the draft. Te patriots, packers, niners, giants., steelers are all prime examples of this. Jeff fishers titans were a great example of this as well. Jeff hasn't had as great of success but his teams are always competitive and in the hunt.

    I didn't agree with the pead and quick in the earlier rounds because I thought there were more glaring holes at o-line and safeties. These are the only players not producing out of this draft. There are still 8 more games to be played so hopefully I will eat crow on this statement.

  10. #10
    Guam rammer's Avatar
    Guam rammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Guam
    Age
    45
    Posts
    837
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Just a friendly reminder

    We just played two of the best offensive teams and future HOF QBs. its shouldnt be too disappointing that we came away on the short side. The last three loses just shows how young this team is but their definitely is a huge difference in the way fishers boys are playing. Also, having one of the more difficult schedules to start out the first half of the year isnt gonna be easy for anyone.
    thoey and bradwill like this.

  11. #11
    Curly Horns's Avatar
    Curly Horns is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1st & Goal
    Posts
    2,600
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Just a friendly reminder

    Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    This is Jeff Fisher's first season as our head coach. At least give him the same grace period that Linehan and Spags were given.

    Thank you!
    LOL....This thread really amuses me. I don't think I have read much animosity towards Fisher here at the ClanRam.

    As fans we are not given any input on who is hired or when they are fired. I would think those that lobbied for Fisher should give him more than ample grace period. I doubt anyone here lobbied for Linehan but there were quite a few that lobbied for Spags.

    As for me, I did not lobby for any of the three. I take what they give us and praise or criticize accordingly. I don't think a grace period is necessary for that approach.

    Having said that, I have no drastic problems with Fisher and I think he definitely has earned another year. But I won't go as far, at this point, in saying he has earned three years.

    The one thing I question, right now, is Fisher not hiring a dynamic DC to replace Williams. I think I understand his position with Williams and the hope that he is able to return next season. But there is no guarantee that the commissioner will allow him to return. And if he is not allowed to return the defense has lost valuable time in the establishment of a new DC. I guess Fisher is kind of stuck between the proverbial rock and a hard place.





  12. #12
    MrLegend28 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Just a friendly reminder

    rams already have more wins this year than all of last year... and.. people are complaining about the coach?? lol. What!?!?!?
    ManofGod likes this.

  13. #13
    ManofGod's Avatar
    ManofGod is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,534
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Just a friendly reminder

    Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    This is Jeff Fisher's first season as our head coach. At least give him the same grace period that Linehan and Spags were given.

    Thank you!
    I have one word in response to this: Preach!

  14. #14
    BlueTalon's Avatar
    BlueTalon is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Washington
    Age
    53
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Just a friendly reminder

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Having said that, I have no drastic problems with Fisher and I think he definitely has earned another year. But I won't go as far, at this point, in saying he has earned three years.

    The one thing I question, right now, is Fisher not hiring a dynamic DC to replace Williams. I think I understand his position with Williams and the hope that he is able to return next season. But there is no guarantee that the commissioner will allow him to return. And if he is not allowed to return the defense has lost valuable time in the establishment of a new DC. I guess Fisher is kind of stuck between the proverbial rock and a hard place.
    With all due respect, I believe you are wrong on a couple of points.

    When the Rams hired a new coach and a new GM, they were basically wiping the slate clean and starting fresh. Not a bad strategy, given the Rams' recent history. The Rams got the best guy available for head coach, and I believe it was an excellent move.

    He should hold the job in confidence with full support of the organization, until such time as he proves he can't handle it (which may never happen). Thinking in terms of Fisher earning a year, but not three, implies his job is not secure, and he can be yanked at the first sign of a slump. To me, that is exactly backwards from what it should be. If the Rams aren't committed to Fisher, then they had no business hiring him. He has to know he has the full support of the FO for at least four or five years.

    Regarding the DC, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If Fisher thinks Williams is the best guy for the job, then it's in his (and the Rams') best interest to try to get him back next year. If Goodell decides to never let him back in, then yeah, you have to get a DC. But it's not like there are hundreds of viable candidates out there -- there is only a handful at most. Who would you have hired this year if given the opportunity? If that guy wasn't available, then you're still stuck -- but you're no worse off than the Rams are in the current situation.


    Good luck this weekend. (oops -- next weekend.)
    Last edited by BlueTalon; -11-04-2012 at 12:01 AM. Reason: forgot about the bye
    thoey, Rambos and bradwill like this.

  15. #15
    Curly Horns's Avatar
    Curly Horns is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1st & Goal
    Posts
    2,600
    Rep Power
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTalon View Post

    With all due respect, I believe you are wrong on a couple of points.

    When the Rams hired a new coach and a new GM, they were basically wiping the slate clean and starting fresh. Not a bad strategy, given the Rams' recent history. The Rams got the best guy available for head coach, and I believe it was an excellent move.

    He should hold the job in confidence with full support of the organization, until such time as he proves he can't handle it (which may never happen). Thinking in terms of Fisher earning a year, but not three, implies his job is not secure, and he can be yanked at the first sign of a slump. To me, that is exactly backwards from what it should be. If the Rams aren't committed to Fisher, then they had no business hiring him. He has to know he has the full support of the FO for at least four or five years.

    Regarding the DC, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If Fisher thinks Williams is the best guy for the job, then it's in his (and the Rams') best interest to try to get him back next year. If Goodell decides to never let him back in, then yeah, you have to get a DC. But it's not like there are hundreds of viable candidates out there -- there is only a handful at most. Who would you have hired this year if given the opportunity? If that guy wasn't available, then you're still stuck -- but you're no worse off than the Rams are in the current situation.

    Good luck this weekend. (oops -- next weekend.)
    I think you are putting far too much emphasis on my opinion. Obviously Fisher has a contract for a certain number of years. I apologize for not knowing the exact number of years. I think Stan and management should remain committed and support him throughout as long as he is meeting their expectations.

    My opinion was based on personal feelings and expectations. Not sure how I can be wrong in that manner. But I'm not surprised you approach it from that angle since it happens often on message boards.

    I'll support the HC as long as I feel he is getting the players to play at a high level. If that, along with success, is evident then I will generally feel he has "earned" another year. But if he starts to lose the players and success suffers then I'm going to waiver on whether I think he's earned another year.

    Looks like we have about the same thoughts on the DC. Although you state it's not a worry whereas I see it as a concern. I guess it's easy for you to feel that way considering your team has a viable DC in place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Friendly and Humble Bills Fan Here...
    By BfNYC in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -09-25-2008, 07:08 AM
  2. Just a reminder for everyone...
    By RamsFanSam in forum LOUNGE
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -07-20-2008, 07:46 PM
  3. Friendly banter for RamsFan16
    By RamJackson39 in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -12-04-2006, 04:56 PM
  4. Anyone want a friendly wager with a Hawks fan?
    By StaticHawk in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-08-2004, 08:18 PM
  5. just a reminder
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: -06-03-2004, 05:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •