• 3 Post By lordwhttgr
  • 1 Post By Curly Horns
  • 2 Post By lordwhttgr
  • 4 Post By Ramendola16
  • 2 Post By evil disco man
  • 1 Post By Curly Horns

Thread: Just got back from Seattle.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Just got back from Seattle.

We so had that game. We were clearly the better team. If we just had a good receiver for Sam to throw to. That’s what cost us that game. One bad throw by Sam ended it all. A great season put to rest.
    Six big sacks of Wilson sure shut the crowd up. Chris Long was all over the field. Lynch was having a hard time running the ball against us. We had 3 or 4 stops for a loss. OUR DEFENSE WAS TIGHT, until the last series.
    One final thought, man that place is loud; my head still hurts hours later from all the noise in there. No wonder Sam was having a hard time in the first half. At one time I believe I saw their decibel meter reach 107.
    Rambos, THOLTFAN81 and lostsoul like this.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    We so had that game. We were clearly the better team. If we just had a good receiver for Sam to throw to. That’s what cost us that game. One bad throw by Sam ended it all. A great season put to rest.
    We did not have that game. We did not finish, we lost and we were hardly the better team. It serves no purpose to gloss it over.

We have adequate receivers. They are by no means elite but they are there for Sam to throw to he simply has to find them instead of locking onto one route. One bad throw? Good lord if he comes within a lunging outstretched hand of a guy its not considered a bad throw? Because he has plenty of those.

A great season put to rest? Don't you mean another losing season put to rest? And what is so great about another losing season?
    live4ramin likes this.

Re: Just got back from Seattle.

Well, we were 2-14 last year. So in my honest opinion, it was a great year compared to the ones we have been having. As for not having the game, I think you were watching something else. I saw a lot of balls that I would have caught and kept drives alive. Say what you want, it’s a free country, I just see the glass as half full.
    Rambos and lostsoul like this.

Well, we were 2-14 last year. So in my honest opinion, it was a great year compared to the ones we have been having. As for not having the game, I think you were watching something else. I saw a lot of balls that I would have caught and kept drives alive. Say what you want, it’s a free country, I just see the glass as half full.
    You sound like Jack Dundee. "Reno I can get open"

I doubt you could catch a pass!

citr92 is online now Registered User

why would anyone argue that the rams didn't beat themselves...again?

they made more mistakes than they should have

they still lost, just saying....

yes, better teams don't make as many mistakes as the rams do, but still, the rams had to make a ton of mistakes to keep seattle in this

also, bradford did have quite a few off throws that should have been pretty easy completions

yes, receivers dropped some passes, but sam made some questionable throws as well
    bradford needs to work on his touch this off season
    well...he will be anyway, but i think ball placement should be an emphasis this off season, he's been inconsistent with it and it's puzzling
    Last edited by citr92; -12-31-2012 at 03:20 AM.

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    A great season put to rest? Don't you mean another losing season put to rest? And what is so great about another losing season?
    Like it or not, a 7-8-1 is a good season compared to what we've had. This was a 2-14 team one year ago, and I darn sure didn't expect us to be this good so quick. We were a handful of plays away from making the playoffs a year after being the laughingstock of the NFL. So while it may be a losing season, it's a darn good season for us. You don't have to be satisfied with it; I'm not, and I can guarantee the Rams aren't. But give the boys their due. They turned in one heck of a turnaround.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    We did not have that game. We did not finish, we lost and we were hardly the better team. It serves no purpose to gloss it over.

We have adequate receivers. They are by no means elite but they are there for Sam to throw to he simply has to find them instead of locking onto one route. One bad throw? Good lord if he comes within a lunging outstretched hand of a guy its not considered a bad throw? Because he has plenty of those.

Wow, you are a real downer, and I disagree.

Yes, actually, the Rams could've won it. It shouldn't have come down to the last drive, and the Seahawks were not the "clear better team" by any stretch. 6 sacks to zero sacks.

Zeurlein missed a field goal; Bradford didn't see Kendricks in the end zone; I forget the rest, but there were multiple times where one play would've changed the tide. You are acting like the Rams got stomped.

How have you not had a heart attack by now? You seem extremely agitated over the difference between a winning and losing season, which really came down to a couple plays. Ease up, man.
    Last edited by evil disco man; -12-31-2012 at 10:13 AM.
    Rambos and lostsoul like this.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Six big sacks of Wilson sure shut the crowd up. Chris Long was all over the field. Lynch was having a hard time running the ball against us. We had 3 or 4 stops for a loss. OUR DEFENSE WAS TIGHT, until the last series.
    One final thought, man that place is loud; my head still hurts hours later from all the noise in there. No wonder Sam was having a hard time in the first half. At one time I believe I saw their decibel meter reach 107.
    Thanks for the thoughts on the game. I have a buddy that is a Hawks fan and goes to a lot of games says it's unreal when it comes to the noise.

I think there where a few fans on this board the questioned the long term signing of C Long. Well now we know why he was a beast in the game!
    Last edited by Rambos; -12-31-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Thanks for the thoughts on the game. I have a buddy that is a Hawks fan and goes to a lot of games says it's unreal when it comes to the noise.

I think there where a few fans on this board the questioned the long term signing of C Long. Well now we know why he was a beast in the game!
    Yes it was loud, far louder than any other stadium I have ever been to. I don't know how Sam and the boys could think let alone play. My head still hurts and I had a good night’s sleep. If I ever hear the words sea and hawk said in the same sentence again I will throw up.

As for Chris Long, I was messing with a seahawk fan saying “Who is that again. I believe its Chris Long, son of Howe Long.” By the end of the game, people could repeat the last line when I said I believe its Chris Long…
    All in all I had a great time, even though some people threatened to throw me off the stands for all the cheering I was doing. I was so un-liked at all my taunting that a woman punched me in the shoulder after the Squawks scored a TD.

Quote Originally Posted by evil disco man View Post
    Wow, you are a real downer, and I disagree.

Yes, actually, the Rams could've won it. It shouldn't have come down to the last drive, and the Seahawks were not the "clear better team" by any stretch. 6 sacks to zero sacks.

Zeurlein missed a field goal; Bradford didn't see Kendricks in the end zone; I forget the rest, but there were multiple times where one play would've changed the tide. You are acting like the Rams got stomped.

How have you not had a heart attack by now? You seem extremely agitated over the difference between a winning and losing season, which really came down to a couple plays. Ease up, man.
    Yeah the loss was a downer and yes it got me down!

I never said the Rams could not have won. You know I live in seahawks country and I told many here that we would win the game. And I honestly thought we could. Looks like my thinking was about spot on. The thing is the OP stated "we so had that game" almost as if it was in the bag and we had complete control then let it slip away. It was close the entire way. Maybe it's just dumb old downer me, but I think it was anyone's game the entire way. So please excuse me for stating so.

Our six sacks compared to their zero was nice but the last time I checked games are still decided by points scored.

I'm not acting like they got stomped. But it is interesting that you perceive that. I'm acting like a Rams fan that lives in seahawk country. One that has family, friends and coworkers that take the rivalry seriously. I realize for most, and probably you, it is simply just another Rams loss. Something that many have become accustomed to.

I suppose it's possible that I could have a heart attack at any time. But the last time I was given a checkup everything was fine. I do my best to eat right (avoid meat and dairy products as much as possible) and get exercise but I guess one never knows.

I don't think I'm extremely agitated about another losing season, but maybe I am. I know I'm very disappointed. I guess you are not disappointed? Now I guess It's my turn to try and perceive how you are acting. You seem to be acting like it's just a losing season among mostly winning seasons over the last eight? When in fact it is 9 straight non-winning seasons. Let me be generous though and not count the 2004 season since we did finish strong by beating seattle at home twice (once in the playoffs). And I won't even count the 2006 season since that was .500 and we finished strong. That still makes it six straight losing seasons. So once again please excuse me if I seem a little disappointed (not extremely agitated) over six straight losing seasons and the winning seasons we've been having lately.

But I digress, and you are right, I should ease up because I'm sure many, like yourself, don't care too much about just another small difference between a losing and winning season.
    evil disco man likes this.

citr92 is online now Registered User

the rams did have the game, they had momentum after going into the lead, then pooped....