throwback week

bigtiger737 Guest

Just had a friend put 50 on our boys in vegas

I've done this for the last 3 years, and probably will until they go back. But I put 50$ dollars on St louis going to the super bowl at 60-1. Wish I would have done it in 99 lol

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Re: Just had a friend put 50 on our boys in vegas

Your friends' a winner in my book bud. Good luck!

jkramsfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bigtiger737 View Post
    I've done this for the last 3 years, and probably will until they go back. But I put 50$ dollars on St louis going to the super bowl at 60-1. Wish I would have done it in 99 lol
    60-1, I thought it would be longer odds than that,good luck to your friend,lets hope he's a winner.

bigtiger737 Guest

hehe I'm the one betting on them.. I should have clarified. My friend lives in vegas and he's family runs numbers and a few of them are career poker players. He places I pay.. so c/mon st louis.. hehehe

general counsel is offline Registered User

i agree with jk that its amazing you only got 60-1. in case anyone has forgotten, we have won 5 games in the last two years.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

SchaeferMan Guest

Sad but true story re: betting on our Rams ....

A simple tradition began in 1990 - each season I would bet $20 on the Rams to win the Superbowl. Since I am part of a long running fantasy league which visits either Reno or Vegas every year it was an easy one to honor. Even during the hard years I would lay the $20 just before leaving town.

Then one year, as I was planning to leave, I visited the sports book to make my bet. All I had was $10 so I asked for a $10 ticket for the Rams to win. Odds were 200-1. The guy at the book told me it was a $20 minimum bet. Looked at the time, at my wallet, at the odds. Didn't feel up to going to the ATM and paying $4 for the transaction so I took my $10 and lost it on Red a few minutes later. Aside from failing a tradition I didn't feel like I had lost much more - afterall, the Rams were vying with the Bengals for the worst team of the decade.

That season the Rams kept winning. I had seen a few good starts to previous seasons so I wasn't buying it yet. But they kept it going. It was fun to read about the offense and watch the sports shows ask "what is going on in StL?" Watching the playoff run and the championship (I drove 350 miles to watch with my brother and sister and parents) I never regretted that bet I didn't make. In spite of the $4k I left at that sports book it was the best season I could have hoped for.

Ever since then I have not bet on the Rams to win the Superbowl; hoping that my new tradition would bring more championships. It hasn't worked as well as I had hoped.

Last week I asked my brother to lay $20 on the Rams.