Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ButterCup8119 is offline Registered User

Just A Little Something For Whiny Warnerties

Okay, I want to start out by saying that YES, I do respect Kurt Warner and I greatly appreciate him helping us win Super Bowl 34. What my problem is, when Kurt Warner started slipping, couldnt concentrate in practice "because he was too busy reading his bible", his wife wouldnt shut her big mouth, he couldnt throw a ball with a broken pinky when the ALMIGHTY Brett Farve can play a fantastic game with a broken THUMB. You cant hold on to a player just because he won you one super bowl. Dont you want to win more than just that?? Kurt got a fair start in Arizona and Mikes offense flourished with Marc Bulger. Marc & Torry have undeniable chemistry. No doubt if Kurt Warner would have played that year instead, he would have become a distraction and we would not have done as well as we did. Mike took so much crap for letting warner go, but it was for the better of both sides. Well I dont care if you agree or not, but as a BULGERiTE I felt complelled to post this little stat for you:
    • QB Marc Bulger (101) needs two touchdown passes to pass Kurt Warner (102) for fourth place on the Rams’ all-time career touchdown completions list.

Oh and dont get confused. That was before the game, before his TD pass to BIG GAME (my man)!! He stood up like a man, came back from a concussion and played like a man, no one can deny that. But so that makes it ....one more touchdown and the record goes to who it belongs to

<3 Buttercup *Love to Ramsnation*

Rambos is online now Registered User

Re: Just A Little Something For Whiny Warnerties

QB Marc Bulger (101) needs two touchdown passes to pass Kurt Warner (102) for fourth place on the Rams’ all-time career touchdown completions list.
    Well I guess, what you are saying is that Marc was the guy in the long run?

It's more then TD passes, I hope Marc get two or three rings but today it's still 1-0 Warner...

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm not taking sides, I'm a huge fan of both Bulger and Warner. Having said that, answer me one question concerning the all time RAMS touchdown passing record.

How many games has it taken Bulger vs how many it took Warner?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by laram0; -12-17-2007 at 02:50 PM.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ButterCup8119 View Post
    Okay, I want to start out by saying that YES, I do respect Kurt Warner and I greatly appreciate him helping us win Super Bowl 34. What my problem is, when Kurt Warner started slipping, couldnt concentrate in practice "because he was too busy reading his bible", his wife wouldnt shut her big mouth, he couldnt throw a ball with a broken pinky when the ALMIGHTY Brett Farve can play a fantastic game with a broken THUMB. You cant hold on to a player just because he won you one super bowl. Dont you want to win more than just that?? Kurt got a fair start in Arizona and Mikes offense flourished with Marc Bulger. Marc & Torry have undeniable chemistry. No doubt if Kurt Warner would have played that year instead, he would have become a distraction and we would not have done as well as we did. Mike took so much crap for letting warner go, but it was for the better of both sides. Well I dont care if you agree or not, but as a BULGERiTE I felt complelled to post this little stat for you:
    • QB Marc Bulger (101) needs two touchdown passes to pass Kurt Warner (102) for fourth place on the Rams’ all-time career touchdown completions list.

Oh and dont get confused. That was before the game, before his TD pass to BIG GAME (my man)!! He stood up like a man, came back from a concussion and played like a man, no one can deny that. But so that makes it ....one more touchdown and the record goes to who it belongs to

<3 Buttercup *Love to Ramsnation*
    this debate has been beat to death and as laram0 said until Bulger wins the big one its still Warner 1-0,if you are going to gauge everything on TD passes then how many Super Bowl wins did Marino get with all his TD passes ? don't forget they both had the opportunity to be able to throw to two future HOF'ers so that helped both of them also.hey, Bulger is our guy now and I'm a big fan but you can never downplay what Warner did for the Rams.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Wow, that's interesting.

What other topics have been irrelevant for nearly half a decade?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Wow, that's interesting.

wow, it really has been that long.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ButterCup8119 View Post
    He stood up like a man, came back from a concussion and played like a man, no one can deny that.
    Have you seen Warner lately? He looks like Robocop playing with the gloves to protect his thumb, a bulky brace for the torn ligaments in his elbow, a flak jacket for his bruised ribs and another brace for his twisted knee. Say what you want about Warner, but he's as tough as they come.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Wow, that's interesting.

Yep, this one pretty much came out of left field, especially since we haven't heard from any "whiney Warnerites" in quite some time.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Coming soon...

"James Harris vs. Ron Jaworski: Who was better suited to lead the Los Angeles Rams"

rampower is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post

It's more then TD passes, I hope Marc get two or three rings but today it's still 1-0 Warner...
    I know I am on my own here, the whole world loves the phrase supebowl qb, even more superowl winning qb.

For me its a team sport, little, fletcher, light, wistrom, farr, hakim, holt, bruce, faulk, horne, had quite a bit to do with our SB win. Even though 3 of these guys are still around, they are not quite as sharp. Oh I forgot to mention anybody on the O line.

Dilfer has a ring, Marino has not. Interceptersaurous Rex (rex grossman) has been to a superbowl, marc bulger has not.

All I am trying to say is that it is not as easy as you think to compare 2 quater backs, purely on wins or superbowl wins. We unfortunetely cant put marc in that team and see how he would do.

onto buttercups points;

I dont regret having kurt ever, even with some of the other stuff that come along with him (at the risk of being shot I for one always thought god had better things to worry about that helping people become good football players, thats the way I see it anyways) but its not like the guy is a criminal, look at L Phillips, L Little, M Vick, D Henley, these guys all played football having commited serious crimes ( I know vick is not back yet), but Kurt was a genuine good guy, koudos to the man.

I like marc too. A good QB. In the long term probably the better long term choice, purely because he is younger. He should have more years left in the game.

I think he is capable of winning a superbowl with the right supporting cast, Just like kurt.

Neither of them are going to superbowl this year, because their supporting casts are not good enough.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Warner 1-0 Bulger 0-0 and Bulger has had a better line until lately. Also, the line crapped out on Warner , which was why injuries and things went wrong. And if you can't pronounce your own last name Favre(fav;ray) wells chances are,your not smart enough to know you're in pain .
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Kramerica04 is offline Registered User

Lets end the discussion right now. Warner was a better fit then Bulger for the Greatest Show on Turf system from 1999-2001. Bulger is a better fit for the team now. All else is irrelevent. This whole discussion is worthless. If you want to be negative here some stuff on both:

1. Neither can move
    2. Both are injury proned
    3. Neither can make something happen if the play breaks down
    4. Bulger can't lead a comeback.
    5. Warner is old.

There you go. You want some positives on both?

1. Both are extremely accurate quaterbacks if given the time to throw
    2. Warner is great at the two minute drill.
    3. Bulger doesn't make many bad decisions.
    4. Warner has been to the superbowl twice and won it once.
    5. Warner is good at handeling the media and being the face of a franchise.

Lets end this discussion because both quaterbacks are what they are. Warner is gone and Bulger is now the quaterback of a horrible 3-10 team. And by the way, Christianity doesn't make you a bad quaterback nor does it make you a talented quaterback, so bringing up someones religion doesn't matter and same goes with off the field charity work and their spouses. If being religious made you a bad player, Bruce would be bad as well. Do you think anyone on the Rams gave a sfjdlskfj what Brenda Warner was saying or doing? If someone was paying attention to her instead of concentrating on the team they were playing I wouldn't have wanted that player on my team anyway. Lets drop this useless discussion.
    Last edited by Kramerica04; -12-17-2007 at 09:00 PM.

ButterCup8119 is offline Registered User

Well if you would like to take Rex Grossman over Marc Bulger, go for it, then get your head examined. I tried to locate that stat that was requested but I didnt even know where to look. Any help on links?? Anyways, Marcs played with Steven Jackson....Kurt had the GREAT Marshall in his backfield. No offense to Jackson. I'm not saying thats the only reason that we won superbowl 34, but I am saying Marshall Faulk is just as responsible for our SB win. I find it amusing that people critize Mike Martz for not running the ball enough, when Marshall played most of his first ballot hall of fame career under him and hasnt REALLY played very much since Mike left....
    But thats not the subject. Actually, Kurt had a fantastic line for some time, the year we went to the SB & lost we had the only offensive line that played all regular season games together. Everyone knows that between Claude the joke Terrell, a young guy on one side (Barron, who yes can hold his own at times), and big O who is constantly injured, you cant say Bulger has had great protection. That is absolutely ridiculous, I may be wrong but I do believe that Marc was in the top 5 list of QBs getting sacked last year. So no, no good protection.
    Marc was quite obviously the right choice for this franchise and if he had the right coach maybe we could go back to scoring points again

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

A lot of intensity for someone named ButterCup.

RealRam is offline Registered User

It's more than TD passes, I hope Marc get two or three rings but today it's still 1-0 Warner...
    -- Rambos

Can't argue with that ... although Rampower does make some excellent, strong, and very valid points.

But I too will always support Kurt for being gutsy and tough (as Mike pointed out, KW is playing old school injured / banged up right now in Arizona). Yes, he had a stellar supporting cast in the GSOT but nevertheless, he was one of a kind in making that team achieve blockbuster status. That's where he differs from the Dilfers and the Grossmans.

Night and day, BTW.

And indeed, winning a SB helps his place in the record books too.
    Last edited by RealRam; -12-17-2007 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Typing

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Well, good for Bulger. Personally, I don't think that one passing the other really says anything about the two except they are/were both very good. Warner was one of my favorite players when he was here, and I still follow his career. But that doesn't mean I support Bulger any less.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast