Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Just saying....

Bing69 is offline Registered User

Just saying....

No matter how bad our team might look, i just want to point out that the 'dream team' aka Eagles are 1-4......

Goes to show that a team of superstars doesnt always mean success!

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Just saying....

Yeah, and if Jackson and Amendola had not been hurt, they would probably be 0-5!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

What really hurts during the bye week is when the Whiners shellack the BUCS and the Seabags beat the GMEN in New York!

YIKES!!!!!

Yeah dam Seahawks made me miss out on 130 odd....

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Yay we provided the Eagles with their only win!

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Kinda proves the addage that it's really all about chemistry. Just because you have a team of superstars .... well, that also means you probably have a team of egos too. Football is a TEAM sport ....

This is why I haven't given up on the 4 pillar thing. I'm glad we have JLau, Mr. Long, Sam and others. Now if we can just get everyone to play to their potential ....
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    What really hurts during the bye week is when the Whiners shellack the BUCS and the Seabags beat the GMEN in New York!

YIKES!!!!!
    yes, what a turn of events in just the first 5 weeks. Whiners are 5-1 under first year coach Harbaugh with Alex Smith!!! Seahwaks beat the Gmen, and the Eagles have one victory.....over the Rams. So, how does that schedule look now for the Rams?

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Frye View Post
    Kinda proves the addage that it's really all about chemistry. Just because you have a team of superstars .... well, that also means you probably have a team of egos too. Football is a TEAM sport ....

This is why I haven't given up on the 4 pillar thing. I'm glad we have JLau, Mr. Long, Sam and others. Now if we can just get everyone to play to their potential ....
    For all the criticism that Spags has taken (much of it justified, in my opinion), he is 100% correct in his "four pillars" approach. I am a big believer in not only winning, but winning the right way. You cannot come into a losing situation as a coach and put guys of questionable character-no matter how talented- on your roster. Any short term gain will eventually be off set by them bellyaching they aren't getting the ball, questioning your approach or undermining your efforts. I don't know why the average fan can't understand this very basic concept. You don't mortgage your future with the Brandon Marshalls and Vincent Jacksons of the world.

Only an ESTABLISHED team with a good locker room dynamic can bring in the occasional ****head and make it work (i.e. new England with Randy Moss).

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Oh how I wish we had Brandon Marshall or Vincent Jackson...

xkidflowx is offline Registered User

or sidney rice .. .. any huge free agents in the market for wide receiver next year??

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

I like the idea of Pope, who showed out yesterday and drafting Jeffery.
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Bing69 View Post
    No matter how bad our team might look, i just want to point out that the 'dream team' aka Eagles are 1-4......

Goes to show that a team of superstars doesnt always mean success!
    How about the self-appointed "Dream Team" in New York? The brash, cocky Jets are on a 3 game losing streak and all their big name talent can't buy them a win these days.
    Bing69 likes this.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Well I look at the turnaround teams (in the last three years or less) and I wish I could count us among them. Whatever chemistry we had flew out the window in Seattle last year.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

It is true that you can't "Buy" a great team. I remember when the Redskins were stacked with talent a few years back and the chemistry wasn't their either. However, having said that, I believe one factor with our ineptness is the fact that we have NO superstars. It's also rare to succeed without having a few. Yes, one or two no-name teams have went on to win the whole thing, but generally you do need a few players that the opponent has to focus on, which makes other players excel above their abilities, resulting in the sum of the parts being greater than the whole.

Whenever the Rams pass on a big name free agent (which they generally do) I see many chime in "oh, that's ok, he's not worth the price tag, he's over-rated, I'm glad we didn't get him." But in reality, we are lacking in game makers. I would rather be 0-4 right now and have the type of talent the Eagles have, than our situation which may not get much better next year.

I would rather be 0-4 right now and have the type of talent the Eagles have, than our situation which may not get much better next year.
    -------------------------------

Really? Think about it....

Even with all that talent, your 1-4, its not like you can pinpoint where to improve the team, they have superstars everywhere, yet still cant win. The Rams on the other hand have room to grow, talent to gain, you know where to improve and where your safe ie QB, MLB etc.

I understand your viewpoint, but id rather stay positive about the team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast