Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TKnight39 is offline Registered User

Just a thought, what if Weis and Clausen joined the Rams?

Well, Charlie Weis is now available to hire as an OC and Jimmy Clausen #1 QB on Kipers Big Board will probably declare for the Draft.

What if the Rams hire as Weis as OC and draft Clausen in the 1st round.

I'd definately be on board for that!!!!!

Anyone else?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Just a thought, what if Weis and Clausen joined the Rams?

As I've stated before, I don't think the Rams should switch OCs.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

I thought about this the other day when weis was fired, like AV i dont think shumur will get fired though. I dont like or dislike shumur at this point, i'll give him a year to show what his system can do and let him get used to playcalling.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Sure, let's change OC's again, and put the young players through another learning curve ... BLAH!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Those two lost to Navy....twice.

No thanks

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't think it's very probable, nor do I think it's wise to make a coaching hire based on one player.

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Let's just give the guys we hired a decent chance to do what they were hired to do .. As far as taking Clausen or any QB for that matter in rd 1 next year, I'd say we have plenty of other holes to fill, and at this point would rather roll the dice on a lineman, preferably a DT, or maybe even another OT ..

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

We can't keep switching up the offensive system on our young guys. Keep who we have and build from there. As for drafting clausen, what do we have to lose??

Dominating D is offline Registered User

lots of money and a high pick. thats all

TKnight39 is offline Registered User

I understand your guys thoughts about Weis, but what's one more year if we can have the best OC out there (or one of). The Rams have already stunk for about 6 years and counting....again, what's one more.

I'd definately sacarfice one more year for Weis and Clausen.

Either way, I just want my Rams to be winners again.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Well I disagree with mosts of these posts. Why not hire a proven OC that has been instrumental in helping to win 2 Super Bowls? It's not just Weis' system but his play calling that we will be getting. And that is what sets apart the higher echelon OCs from the pretenders. What if Shurmer never develops and our offense continues to flounder?

Is this a risk that we want to take? Plus, some have said that J. Claussen is not worthy of a top 3 pick. Maybe, maybe not; but with C. Weis on board I would feel much more comfortable with Clausen or any other young QB for that matter, than to stick with the status quo.

I say that the Rams should at the very least pursue Mr. Weis and see if he has any interest.

I recall not so many years ago we wooed a guy named Mike Martz from the Washington Redskins that nobody knew much about. I also believe that that worked pretty well for the most part.

Look folks I believe that we need to make some changes in order for the Rams to move forward. I think a Charlie Weis could be a positive move to that end.

WHAT SAY YE?

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Well I disagree with mosts of these posts. Why not hire a proven OC that has been instrumental in helping to win 2 Super Bowls? It's not just Weis' system but his play calling that we will be getting. And that is what sets apart the higher echelon OCs from the pretenders. What if Shurmer never develops and our offense continues to flounder?

Is this a risk that we want to take? Plus, some have said that J. Claussen is not worthy of a top 3 pick. Maybe, maybe not; but with C. Weis on board I would feel much more comfortable with Clausen or any other young QB for that matter, than to stick with the status quo.

I say that the Rams should at the very least pursue Mr. Weis and see if he has any interest.

I recall not so many years ago we wooed a guy named Mike Martz from the Washington Redskins that nobody knew much about. I also believe that that worked pretty well for the most part.

Look folks I believe that we need to make some changes in order for the Rams to move forward. I think a Charlie Weis could be a positive move to that end.

WHAT SAY YE?
    Our offense has slowly, but steadily improved all year ...

We would have probably gained 400+ yards against the Seahawks had Brown not went out ...

Shurmur implementing more and more to the offense each week, including 4 wideout sets last week ...

Shurmur called some very effective deep routes, two to Martin that resulted in big gains. One that had Amendola wide open when Boller threw the INT. Avery was running free once time, only to have a bad pass from Boller. How about that awesome play call on the TD to Avery?

I am intrigued to see how the progression carries out over the last 5 weeks ...

Changing OC after this year would be a dreadful mistake ...
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -12-03-2009 at 02:48 PM.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Regardless what it takes, someone should be assigned to go get Jim Hanifan. Wheel him in in a special bed if necessary. Have him communicate by computer tecnology like Steven Hawking. But by god go get him. Someone still knows how to teach blocking. We haven't blocked since he left St. Louis.
    Last edited by live4ramin; -12-03-2009 at 03:54 PM.
    "The horror"

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Weis can't win at ND, what makes you think he can win in the pros? Look at all the other coaches from the Belicheck tree. They all stink now.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

IMO, Weis is overrated. He didn't exactly light it up with the Jets, he benefitted from a great situation in New England, a situation that didn't miss a beat despite his departure, and he got nothing done at Notre Dame, a program that has the ability to bring in the best talent in the Nation.

I doubt he could have done any better with this years team under the circumstances.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast