Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    iStillBelieve Guest

Just want to vent

So before I start I should say that I hate this board. I joined last year and after a few months couldn't stand it. For some reason the people on this board don't understand irony or sarcasm in any way. And once they form an opinion on something, they are either incapable or just too stubborn to listen to an opposing argument.

I remember one time there was a thread discussing who the best WR in the NFL was, and I listed something like 1. Andre Johnson, 2. Calvin Johnson, 3. William Franklin, 4. Justin Gage, 5. Brad Smith. Now to anyone with a brain I was obviously being sarcastic and listing three Tigers' players since I am a huge fan. But apparently nobody has a brain here because everyone freaked. Four different people put negative points on my reputation arguing that Housh, and Fitz, and Moss were sooo much better than Gage and Franklin, and even though I don't care at all about reputation points I thought it was really sad that they could be so offended by a joke.

And then in a discussion about Bulger where everyone was saying if he could just get some protection he would be a top QB again. I simply said, "The only times he has done well is when he has been sacked over 40 times." It was completely true, I just found it ironic. Yet one guy flipped a sh!t over me saying that. He apparently thought I was saying that Bulger can only do good when he is getting sacked and he claimed I had no knowledge about football, and had never watched a game. Of course I knew this guy was an idiot, but for some reason I get an official warning from the AvengerRam guy saying it was "Completely uncalled for" for me to defend myself after he said all that about me. He also said that I just have to know when to stop as if my argument was terrible and that the other guy was 100% right. Now this might have been because from what I saw Avenger Ram is one of those people I was talking about earlier that will not listen to any opposing arguments (especially if anyone says anything bad about Bulger). But that just pissed me off so I never came back to this board until now.

Bulger and the Rams terrible play today just reminded me about how much I hate this board and I thought I would come here just to vent.

I know what everyone is gonna say, but I don't really care, because after this thread there is a good chance I won't be back again.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Re: Just want to vent

I'm sorry that you've had these negative experiences here on the board, but do not give up on us because of a few bad experiences, there are plenty of fun guys to chat with on here that also love the Rams. Hopefully you'll change your mind and you'll come back to share some good chit chat & laughs with us. Be Blessed!

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Why would anybody waste time talking this prick into sticking around. Good riddance.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

You are a contradiction. You hate the forums, and don't care what we say, yet you post on these boards? It doesn't make sense. No one cares what you have to say either. What did you expect when you rip on the Rams...on a Rams forum? Did you think we'd be friendly about it? You can voice your opinion all you want, it's a free country, but we have just enough of a right to talk back to you. Everything you have said is your own opinion, yet your angry that people disagree with you. That's life, get used to it. You "remember" a thread? It bothered you that much? That's just sad.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

iStillBelieve Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    You are a contradiction. You hate the forums, and don't care what we say, yet you post on these boards? It doesn't make sense. No one cares what you have to say either. What did you expect when you rip on the Rams...on a Rams forum? Did you think we'd be friendly about it? You can voice your opinion all you want, it's a free country, but we have just enough of a right to talk back to you. Everything you have said is your own opinion, yet your angry that people disagree with you. That's life, get used to it. You "remember" a thread? It bothered you that much? That's just sad.
    This is what I hate about these boards. People read what they want to instead of what is actually there. I never EVER ripped on the Rams. And nobody ever disagreed with me, they just disagreed with what they thought they read. I say one thing, people read it as me saying something negative and then they just ***** and moan. And I already said that I don't post on these boards, I just wanted vent, because the Rams game pissed me off so much. So I guess that means I'm not a contradiction? Yeahhhh...

ramsfan559 Guest

wow!!! i love the rams but most fans are very ignorant...ive defended bulger for as long as i could but after today ive given up hope...after we release him hell prolly sign with the cardinals and take them to a superbowl lmao...i just want a new qb..i want jevean sneed,sam bradford or colt mccoy whoever spags thinks is his guy..btw the only bright spots today were j lau and laurent robinson

Ok, well no one's forcing you to be on these forums. Misinterpretation or not, your acting like a little child.

btimsah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iStillBelieve View Post
    So before I start I should say that I hate this board. I joined last year and after a few months couldn't stand it. For some reason the people on this board don't understand irony or sarcasm in any way. And once they form an opinion on something, they are either incapable or just too stubborn to listen to an opposing argument.

I remember one time there was a thread discussing who the best WR in the NFL was, and I listed something like 1. Andre Johnson, 2. Calvin Johnson, 3. William Franklin, 4. Justin Gage, 5. Brad Smith. Now to anyone with a brain I was obviously being sarcastic and listing three Tigers' players since I am a huge fan. But apparently nobody has a brain here because everyone freaked. Four different people put negative points on my reputation arguing that Housh, and Fitz, and Moss were sooo much better than Gage and Franklin, and even though I don't care at all about reputation points I thought it was really sad that they could be so offended by a joke.

And then in a discussion about Bulger where everyone was saying if he could just get some protection he would be a top QB again. I simply said, "The only times he has done well is when he has been sacked over 40 times." It was completely true, I just found it ironic. Yet one guy flipped a sh!t over me saying that. He apparently thought I was saying that Bulger can only do good when he is getting sacked and he claimed I had no knowledge about football, and had never watched a game. Of course I knew this guy was an idiot, but for some reason I get an official warning from the AvengerRam guy saying it was "Completely uncalled for" for me to defend myself after he said all that about me. He also said that I just have to know when to stop as if my argument was terrible and that the other guy was 100% right. Now this might have been because from what I saw Avenger Ram is one of those people I was talking about earlier that will not listen to any opposing arguments (especially if anyone says anything bad about Bulger). But that just pissed me off so I never came back to this board until now.

Bulger and the Rams terrible play today just reminded me about how much I hate this board and I thought I would come here just to vent.

I know what everyone is gonna say, but I don't really care, because after this thread there is a good chance I won't be back again.

lol @ this thread.

As I've said before, the board suffers from some control freaks who have little to no actual control. They can't stand people thinking differently, or even more scary - "unreasonably" than them. Oh my Gado!

I've learned to just state my beliefs and go. If Bulger had the rep rating they'd say his is low because of bad fans.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by iStillBelieve View Post
    WAAAHHHHH! WWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!! WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Aww poor widdle baby. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Ladies and gentlemen we have eight bites in this "Thread Catching" competition so far, lets see what develops shall we...
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

ive been on here 3 years and never given bad rep points to anyone even when ive heard repeatedly things i dont agree with..id rather debate my point more or just move on from it.

i dont like the way you saying things like "everyone" has done this and "everyone" has done that tho...have you any idea how many thousands of members the clanram has? people come and go and those that leave are usually the ones who cant keep their emotions in check..if you stay then i hope you contribute more to the site..but if you dont then the only person who will lose out from it is you yourself..as i been on many other Rams websites and this is by far the best.

I'm sorry to keep extending this but it's like...You make this thread NOW, when everyone's obviously pissed off. I'm angry and just don't want to hear it. It's just another kick in the stomach...and we were down on the ground for a while now...

Yodude is offline Registered User

In case you guys haven't figured it out yet, iStillBelieve is the same dude that posts the BernieM threads.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Will Franklin Justin Gage and Brad Smith are NOT better than Randy Moss and Fitz.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    Will Franklin Justin Gage and Brad Smith are NOT better than Randy Moss and Fitz.
    dude..read what he says..and then perhaps edit what you said in reply..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast