rammiser is offline Registered User

Just watched Replay

I have to say if you were disappointed in the Rams performance then I guess you missed the defense the last couple of years. The defense was dominant with the starters in there only yielding five yds on the Texans first 3 posessions before giving up a drive. That drive still resulted in zero points after a crushing hit by Chavous on Carr that jarred the ball loose. Unfortuantely Carr's arm was going forward.

Bulger had 3 high throws two of them a result of pressure from Pace's side. He threw one to Mcdonald where Mcdonald tripped over his own feet for an incompleteion. He had a nice throw to Aaron Walker and a few to holt and Bruce. He wasnt perfect but wasnt bad either.

The defense kept pretty good pressure on Carr not letting him get into any kind of a rythm. They held the run game in check untill the end of the first qtr when they gave up a run by Lundy. But that drive was thwarted by Chavous's hit on Carr.

The only thing I thought didnt perform well was the punt coverage. Buchanon had a couple of nice returns. Although I think his first long return was a result of Jerome Carter getting clipped but no call was made. His second return Turk punted the ball 59 yds in the air and the coverage wasnt even close to Buchannon when he caught it.

Also there was a hold called on Barron but he wasnt the one holdin it was ingognito. Also The late hit call on Hargrove was bull crap he hit Carr right when he threw the ball.

I came away from this game feeling good about our Rams because I'n not worried about our offense and from what I've seen from the defense this could be a nice season. You cant sit there and pick every little thing apart and get all worried about everything. It's pre-season and if pre-season meant something the best team would get a trophy at the end of it. So congratulation Oakland you are the pre-season champs so far. I just see the Rams d getting better which is what its about.
    Last edited by rammiser; -08-21-2006 at 10:09 PM.

Just Fix It

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Just watched Replay

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I have to say if you were disappointed in the Rams performance then I guess you missed the defense the last couple of years. The defense was dominant with the starters in there only yielding five yds on the Texans first 3 posessions before giving up a drive. That drive still resulted in zero points after a crushing hit by Chavous on Carr that jarred the ball loose. Unfortuantely Carr's arm was going forward.
    Couldn't agree more. First team O versus first team D, I think we really came out on top. Though it should be noted the reason the Texans came away with no points on that drive you're referring to is because of their own missed field goal, I believe. Still I wasn't disappointed with the first team D very much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Also The late hit call on Hargrove was bull crap he hit Carr right when he threw the ball.
    Agree completely. It was a three step drop quick hit and by the time Carr was throwing Hargrove was arriving. That was a horrible horrible call.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

mtmagpie is offline Registered User

First, let me say that I have lurked here for a while, but this is my first post.

I also watched the replay today, and I totally agree with your assessment. after reading the negative reactions after the game, I expected to see a disaster on the Rams side of the ball, but I thought the first-unit defense was great, and the first-unit offense seemed to run smoothly.

Alot of people noted the small rushing totals, but if you think about it, it makes total sense. With no TEs and backups on the O-Line, Linehan would have been stupid to feed his feature back the ball against the Texans first-string defense.

The D-line put pressure on Carr consistently, and I counted 4 balls he was forced to thro away because of pressure-not to mention Pisa's sack and Chavous' vicious hit.

All in all, I was happy with the Rams, and I am getting excited about this season.

I promise to post more as the season progresses...

:r

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Hey Pie, on behalf of the Clan, who must be reading their own posts, I'd like to welcome you and just say I enjoyed your post of you enjoying Nick's post and totaly agree with you. Or Nick. Well, never mind. Big Howdy.

Did I see Pie?
    Last edited by live4ramin; -08-22-2006 at 11:24 AM.
    I'm the guy that walks up after the argument's started.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Yeah that was a real vanilla game. Had to be cause we open against the Broncos. Kubiac has turned the Texans into Denver South. I'm so excited about football, when I saw the game I was like what's up with Bulger. Then I realized oh it's preseason.

Our team will be fine, I think we are defintely a Play Off Contender. Super Bowl is another thing, all though I'm hoping and praying.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jigga
    Yeah that was a real vanilla game.
    Linehan and Haslett were like a pair of Amish strippers...............cause they weren't showing ANYTHING to ANYBODY!!!

That gameplan must have been drawn up by Rich Brooks and Larry Marmie. What can I say? If the goal was to not give any film to Denver, then mission accomplished.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod